Sonic

Desktop / Avatar / Sig Showing Off Thread

Microsoft Security Essentials... :haha:

Better than any other free anti-virus available... and most suites that make you pay. So I see nothing funny.

You might as well download Windows Defender. As my brother puts it: "It gets your computer rid of Space Invaders." :haha:

Since you already have MBAM, Microsoft's quasi-protection products are really a waste of your HDD space.

I don't use Security Essentials for spyware; that's why I have MBAM. MSE is a really effective AV solution since it's provided by the damned company who knows its OS inside and out. It catches viruses coming in through any method and doesn't pick up a great deal of false positives. It's the latter that impresses me more than just weeding out viruses that try to attack.

You might as well download Windows Defender. As my brother puts it: "It gets your computer rid of Space Invaders." :haha:

Since you already have MBAM, Microsoft's quasi-protection products are really a waste of your HDD space.

Several websites like (like the Norwegian Hardware.no) have tested Microsoft Security Essentials several times and concluded that it is one of the best Anti-virus products out there (at least of the free alternatives).

My brother and myself use Security Essentials because: 1# real-time scanning is quick, 2# doesn't nag you about the slightest of things, 3# it's easy on the system.

The Xpize themes are nice :)

it's provided by the damned company who knows its OS inside and out

U serious? Then, why does Internet Explorer suck so bad? The Temporary Internet files, for one thing, are dealt with the same way since IE5, making the same viruses and similar jolly things compatible with newer versions! Why is it less safe than Firefox and other browsers? Microsoft and security could never go in the same sentence.

But IE isn't really that bad. It might be a little sluggish, but it does what it's meant to do - display webpages. And for that, it's like any other browser. There's no major add-on content for it, but that's what Firefox, and to some extent Chrome, is for. Besides, I don't see the fuss about the temporary files; Firefox, Chrome, Opera, et al cache content locally just like IE does so the point is entirely moot.

And besides, IE is actually safer than other browsers since major security holes are patched right when they're discovered. Firefox, Opera, Chrome, et al can have a major security hole for months before being patched. Exactly how is that more secure? Oh right, it isn't! And now you're making it sound like every other browser is completely infallible. Newsflash - they're not! In fact, security holes in other browsers like Firefox and Opera have been worse than some of IE's flaws. Not exactly what I'd consider better.

Plokite, dude, you might stop now before you dig yourself deeper into that pit. You're just spouting the same anti-Microsoft nonsense that's become trendy because it's all about slagging Microsoft. Honestly, you sound like a drone, rather than anyone with any sort of intimate knowledge of... uh... anything related.

Guest Rabbit

Still around, eh? :P

Seems like everyone's coming back.

After so many years I still can't forget the first forum I joined. Funny that I still have an average of 1.09 posts a day LOL.

Edited by Louis EX

Seems like everyone's coming back.

You triggered that.

Soviet Kane is back in green. :P

Soviet Kane is back in green. :P

That's actually a nice title, I might use it next time :)

Civ4 Catherine > Civ5 Catherine :P

(225 pages and still not pinned?)

post-6729-1303832738_thumb.jpg

(225 pages and still not pinned?)

Obviously it didn't need to be if it has survived on its own for 225 pages. :)

I've actually wondered why it never got pinned too, but didn't care enough to wonder for very long. I guess I can pin it now, and if there was some reason it wasn't before, it can just as easily be unpinned.

WHO DARES TO PIN THIS THREAD OF WIN TO THE TOP OF THIS HERE FORUM, SHOW YOURSELF HERETIC!!!

As for Catherine the great, I always preferred playing as English, always liked their longbows. :)

w00t? Longbowmen can be trained by any civilization in Civ4, man.

Civ 4 man really? Stop living in the past man! In Civ 5 the longbow man is a unique unit man. :)

MAN!

Who says man... Pff... :nod:

Guest Stevie_K

This reminds me of Age of Empires II. Longbow man was epic! Think it was a unique British faction unit.

Civ 4 man really? Stop living in the past man! In Civ 5 the longbow man is a unique unit man. :)

Tried Civ5. I always get scrambled graphics. Civ4 seems to lag too on my 2 GB RAM PC, but I've found a way to prevent crashing. Man.

CivII & CivIV FTW. Man.

CivII & CivIV FTW.

Never played CivIV, so I can't comment on that, but CivII was one of the worst games I've ever played!

...man.

but CivII was one of the worst games I've ever played!

...man.

What's wrong with it?

What's wrong with it?

It sucked.

Oh, you probably wanted more information...

I haven't played the thing in years, so I don't remember all the details, but I do remember it was so very boring. It forced you to always be building stuff in all of your cities too.

As if you don't have to build stuff constantly in ALL strategy games, let alone Civ :rolleyes: CivII is still probably the most popular game in the series, so you may not like CivIV/CivV either.

As if you don't have to build stuff constantly in ALL strategy games

The difference is you can choose not to in other games, like to conserve resources, especially when you own half the map and don't need your cities on the opposite side of the world building troops that will take fifty years to reach the enemy.