Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Lee_

The Silo

ahh I see u added the preface Bware.....good work....though i was expecting you to submit the story later

chapter 2 might come soon. the author will not be named...unless he chooses to submit it or reveal.......and chapter is 3 is in the works.......

thats all for now

Hmm.. Talk about your horrible endings...

I was waiting and waiting and waiting for some one or something to turn up to save the day....

But it never happened....

Very cool story. Though kinda depressing. :P Still very cool. ;)

Hell, this may as well be the whole story...I don't see how any other pockets of Human resistence can stand up to this kind of brutal slaughter...very depressing circumstances for Humanity. :(

But, no matter how hopeless everything seems, they will always be -something- that will help Humanity prevail. Humanity is very tenacious when it comes down to trying to survive hopeless situations.

I can't wait to read more BWare, here's hoping that the rest of the story is just as gripping as the first chapter. :D

Haha, sorry about depressing you all :P

You know, the trick is to look at it from the Tiberium fiends' perspective! :P

I had intended on this being a one part deal (the end is pretty stark), but some other community members were inspired by it and thought they'd write their own stories based off of this one... and from what I've heard, they aren't completely unbelievable, so be looking forward to those.

I'm actually working on a story that takes place after RA2... the interim period between that and C&C. I've always been a strong believer that the 2 timelines should be linked, and so that's the goal! It takes place in Russia during the Allied occupation. It will include the origins of the Hand of Nod, and touch on some other historical things from C&C. Should be interesting to see how it turns out... and it will have a happier ending!

But hey, if you all want to see another story based off of this timeline, I'd be more than willing to oblige.

I'm glad you liked the Silo! I enjoyed writing it :wink:

chapter 2? but they all died unless they are coming back as ghosts it ended there when they all died

Well did ya now... I'll be interested to see where you take the story. From what I heard from Cygnus, there's actually a pretty decent way to keep it going. It involves very, very few people left..... so I guess it's doable. I swear though... if you guys RA2 it up, you know with bases on the moon and such, I won't be too happy :P

no bases on the moon. hwat cygnus told you was the ideas we came uo with. the real one is different.

no bases on the moon.

Chapter 2 is ready, however.....

the uh...sequel chapters have a slight continuation issue.

Lets just say the Europeans have a few surrvivors, and so the Americans.

And yes it is supposed to be very depressing.

remember, this story follows the Nod ending of TS :twisted:

Well just remember not to jump back and forth too much, alrighty? :wink:

tes why we were thinking of like 2 actualy stories, the Europena story, and the American one, maybe one day combining.

no bases on the moon.

Then how will humans escape the tiberian onslaught if not go entirely extinct?

That's the point.... it's completely hopeless. That's the spirit I tried to capture with my story, and apparently it worked :P

NO survival. Game over.

That sucks. :evil: It's a change, I suppose.

Will we find out what happened to Kane? :wink:

Yeah.. I really dislike the formulaic "good guy hero kills bad guys against impossible odds" ending, so I went with the ending delivered to us by Westwood and expanded on it. Frankly I love it :P

But yeah, I would touch on what happened to Kane, but I've decided that it would be next to impossible without being corny or unrealistic. I think his mysterious disappearance after the missile is launched (remember the video?) is far more provocative, and to mention it again would shatter that "coolness," if you know what I mean. I guess you could look at it this way... Kane's "essence" is now in the Tiberium.... he became one with his own vision. Maybe he was really Scrin, or at least allied with them! Who knows? :wink:

I actually have brainstormed a story that involves this... could turn out really well. Want me to pursue that?

I actually have brainstormed a story that involves this... could turn out really well. Want me to pursue that?

That sounds like an idea dude. :hmm: I understand finding out what happened to Kane would ruin the coolness of the video, but hell, every single diehard CnC fan would want to know an excellent writer's point of view behind what they think.

Brainstorm a few more ideas, and go through them till you can decide which one you think would suit the story more.

Good luck!

You will of course, be wanting to hear CHP of this epic

finishing touches are done,. should have it subbmitted in a day or so (HW stands in the way still)

BWare, if you get your ideas together and want somenoe to work with, you know I'm more than qualified to give you a hand.

hey if anyone wants im ready to help the brainstorm.....maybe make a poll?????i duno

If you would like to help out, then send BWare an example of your brainstorming. To be honest, the way you type on the forums here is enough for him to say, "absolutly not".

What do you think, BWare?

Hehe, I think you may be right there Acerz :wink:

OMG so teh t1b3r1um liek killz tehm allz1!!1

But that's the beauty of brainstorming! It only has to look good in the final product... I value everyone's ideas and opinions on how they think these stories should be handled, so yeah redasblood, Mr_Lee_, or anyone, if you have a good idea, please don't hesitate to share it! I think fan fiction should be something of a community effort.