Sign in to follow this  
Cygnus X-1

Forum Reply notices

Site Discussion or Tech Support ??

well I've noticed that for the past week or so I have not been getting the froum reply notice e-mails, even though my acount is checked to do so. I PMed King about it, but Im wondering if anyone else is having hte same problem ??

I get enough junk in my email without adding to it forum replies.... You don't need em'.

I haven't noticed anything but then again I never use those notification features, only the PM ones letting you know you have new PM's in your inbox.

It could be something server related, phpBB instructs the server to generate the e-mail.

Yeah, I don't use notifications.

Well I do, cause i dont have time to go through the forums looking for topics all that often, and the fact that I am usually in about 20-30 at a time makes the E-mail notices quite handy

Well as a test I used the "Watch this topic for replies" link at the bottom of the page for this thread, the forums e-mailed me a notification about new replies so its working.

Cygnus X-1, have you configured your e-mail address correctly for your account?

yes i have. the one in my acount is the one i use.

I hadnt changed anything, when one day i noticed that i hadnt recieved any forum mail for 3 days or so. I thought that was kinda weird, so i posted up here after another day of not recieving anything.

EDIT: OK I found out why. Since we use SBC Yahoo (grr....) my dad was looking through my e-mail one day and saw about 40 forum notices, so he told it to mark them as spam and not froward them to my outlook.

thats why I havent been getting them latley. But now that I know whats wrong, im telling SBC Yahoo that all CNCNZ mail is not spam. Maybe it will eventually get the picture.

lol.. Reasons why you don't let randoms have access to your email. :P

parents foo are not randoms

nothing i can do about it, i have limited comp and sbc acount, dad has admin for both :x

suxors all around

Just go get another email account then. ;)

doesnt matter, i got it fixed. SBC Yahoo now recognizes CNCNZ mail as legit

lol, that would be an annoying problem

but yeah, I use them for the same reason