Sign in to follow this  
HydroShok

Is force firing considered cheating?

I'm mainly a single player rts type, I haven't played alotta multiplayer yet, but once I was playing and forced fired the nuke cannon at bridge(choke point). I mean, hey, force firing is in the manual, sheesh. But all the other players said I was using the "scud hack". I was nuke general. Is in frowned upon to use force firing in multiplayer? I figured it was a good counter to block workers and stealth trying to cross the bridge.

c'mon now guys, help me out here. If it is or isn't considered cheating lemme know.

I'm being serious. 3 guys swore up and down I was cheating. I don't want to have a repeat of this kind of stuff.

were those guys mistaken, or is it not kosher to force fire artillery? I don't even know what the scud hack is (and don't want to know either).

Yes, Im a big NUB to RTS games, sorry.

You're exploiting a tactical advantage on the battlefield, if people can't handle that then they should try and outwit you.

What you describe is what is referred to as suppression fire, an all too common tactic that is very sound to use in RTS games, and has been my saving grace in many a game against the AI or a human player.

Yes, Im a big NUB to RTS games, sorry.

Sa'll good man. Everyone was at one stage. :P

Backing up Mr_Lee_'s statement, if those pussies are going to scream, whine and moan about leaving your artillery force-firing at an area of ground, then it is -they- who are the n00bs, not you. Artillery is easy to get rid of, providing you know what you're doing.

In short, no, force-firing is not considered cheating.

the fact that you thought to use it right away to keep stealthed stuffs back means that technically, you really arent a n00b, just a newb. And that wears of quickly. :wink:

And I have never heard of the Scud hack either, (not the we are allowed to alk about it anyways) they have just been BSin you

Guest MadBadger

.....dry

I know the scud hack and with the latest update (1.04 or somink) and thats been sorted.

Anyway you need a scud storm in order for the scud bug to work ;)

there the n00bs

i always do that anyway have 2-3 nukes firing at a choke 1 after the other (try it with neutron shells on a GLA tunnle or sneak attack :P ) just to piss people off :D to force them into trying to remove the nukes....... then again my AA norm sorts that out :P

there is the nuke cannon bug mind you :0 Makes the nuke cannon fire multiple times in a row. Best ive seen is 7 shells in 1 go fella got them all spread out and wiped out about 30 of my Scorps :P he didnt get the other 50 odd so it dont matter.

But even the nuke cannon bug was 'improved' with the update ive only seen it happen once since and that was me by accident :D it norm has somink to do with the gay Auto fire of the cannon.

I'm not even dignifying another one of your stories badger, they're un-necessary at the best of times.

Each map tends to have a choke point between bases, this is the best place to exploit your advantage. Exploiting an advantage is a very tactical thing to do (take note some of you) and without such things, Generals and ZH would be nothing more than "unit spam"

I'm not even dignifying another one of your stories badger, they're un-necessary at the best of times.

Each map tends to have a choke point between bases, this is the best place to exploit your advantage. Exploiting an advantage is a very tactical thing to do (take note some of you) and without such things, Generals and ZH would be nothing more than "unit spam"

Thats what I do somethings and just rush the artillery if I have no aircraft. :P

Exploiting an advantage is a very tactical thing to do (take note some of you) and without such things, Generals and ZH would be nothing more than "unit spam"

Unfourtunalty my friend, that's all it seems to be in this day and age. While it's true that you have strength in numbers, just continiously cranking out tanks with the intention of swamping the other person's base is not the way to go. :roll:

Guest MadBadger

well after a 4 hour game making 20+ war factories placing the waypoints in someones base and just churning out tanks gets apealing very quickly.

then again Sabataging the pesons money making with Kell (Vs Hackers stupid apart from demo gens Kell :twisted: ) Lotus or Burton. If done properly can be soooo much more rewarding.

also plane spam. 1-2 full airfields on each team (1-0) is pretty cool to watch pulled off right. (about 40-80 planes :shock: ) Migs suddenly become extreamly usefull :twisted:

(a small note I personaly dont belive migs are usless i belive Vs ground units they are as good if not better than the USA planes (when used 4 at a time) and always have 2-3 airfields of them as china)

Ok back to the topic on hand…Force-firing at a choke point is a handy skill, especially against any infantry (If you have Nuke Cannon or Scud Launcher with Toxins). Problem is, there is always more than one point to enter a base by ground, so you'll have to do something about that, say a few demo charges or so.

The other tactical advantage of force-firing is forward-firing.Seeing as some weapons can't lock on to a target, or some take a while to reach where they aimed it is problem and the target can breach your perimeter even after firing plenty of shots. If you fire in the path of your taget, you may hit it with success instead of landing metres behind.

This is handy for the USA side considering it has no bullet-based base defenses.. For the infantry that cant be locked on by a Patriot Defense, aim ahead and you wont have the trouble of dealing them close up. This also goes for Missile Defenders and Stinger sites.

Force firing is one of my favourite tactic, using quite some artilerry like nuke cannons or scud launcher to guard critical area. If your base only have one entrance, this tactic might be quite useful to guard your base from unwanted guest. Until now, the USA side is the worst one for this tactic. They just don't have an artilerry which is powerfull enough and have wide damage range. Yay, go force firing :D

Yeh, USA is a pretty good side but they’re ground forces lack so much. Unless your normal USA or Laser General, you can’t have tanks. And laser general sucks, the tanks just turn off when u run out of power. Yeh, thats pretty useless. Drop an EMP bomb on their powerplants and it does 3 times the EMP, forcing their Laser Turrets to turn off as well.

When you’re any of China vs. Tank General, buy 3-4 nuke cannons and load them with neutron shells and force fire in the entrance. Successfully creating tank opportunities for ur red guard to steal. Quite useful. Just remember to stop the firing for ur troops to steal the tanks.

Guest MadBadger

you say Tomahawks are crap but they do have targeting...... surley that means you dont need to worry about force firing. I find them very usefull TBH as they have the logest range of all arty.

I find them very usefull TBH as they have the logest range of all arty.

How do you know that? And I’m pretty sure if there was a difference, it would be nuke cannon that had the longest range. Thats my opinion

Guest MadBadger

Seak and Destroy battle plan + Spydrones.

Make the tomahawks see and shoot further.

Also tomahawks can drive off if they see a nuke cannon ;)

If the nuke cannon has to deploy the tomahawks can easily nail it.

Mind you Inferno cannons Pwn now. 1 firestorm coming right up.

I know it takes 3 infernos or 2 veteran infernos to make a firestorm

but how many elites? i dont normaly use them long enough to see elites, there just to break up defences before my tanks roll in ;)

I'll just stick to nuke cannons. Simply because they have the biggest blast radius, so if they shoot vs. moving units, it actually takes effect. Plus, they have the neutron shells :twisted:

And I always use the Bombardment battle plan, as it also gives me a nice arty :D

Who uses "Hold the line" anyways?

Guest MadBadger
Who uses "Hold the line" anyways?

N0Obs.

Madbadger - you are the Cybernetic Simpleton of CNCNZ. Hold the Line, like anything, can be employed in the right circumstances.

Hold the Line, like anything, can be employed in the right circumstances.

once your base defence can't handle the mass of enemy tanks

thats one :lol:

Still I think Search and Destroy or Bombardment are better, hitting your enemies from a range they can't fire back at you or hitting them making an instant kill works better than the slight bonus at armor.

Still I think Search and Destroy or Bombardment are better, hitting your enemies from a range they can't fire back at you or hitting them making an instant kill works better than the slight bonus at armor.

more effective if your on high ground

True.

But returning to the subject. Force firing imo is not cheating but using tactics. Force firing Nuke cannons and Scuds limits the movement of your own troops too. Sending men into radiation weakens them severely.

So it isn't always the best tactic to use.

lets not post tactics unless they're proven to be effective online.

Hold the line??? ur right, tis for n00bs......when badgers sent whole mess of tanks or damn battle buses, they're gonna rip ur base apart in seconds

at least bombardment can do some damage and search&destroy useful in some situations like black lotus and burton

Lee, i heard u were beaten by Acerz in zero hour. if u cant even beat acerz, then u have no chance against me, tsbo or badger. Badger>TSBO>Me>Acerz>anyone else on cncnz. i saw the replay of the game with acerz..... funny how i completely surrounded and killed acerz on the same map in a 1v1. but at least he used some of my strategies on u......respect the online veterans, they got the skillz and experience and tried&true tactics

i played a bit of ZH yesterday.....i beat a brutal AI 1v1 in 2 minutes :D AI is wayy too easy. then i went online and got beaten....i shouldnt have played that pro :lol: .....