Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Bring Back Front Page News Comments, Would you use it?

Feel free to leave your comments in this thread about the current poll on the main page of CNCNZ.com - Should the news comments system on the front page return and would you use it?

I think we can conclude this one. Somehow with the CnC Den displaying flaming profanity from it's members, in it's comments section. We should agree with option 4 and the 7% who voted to keep the news "comment free."

Although our community is much more tightly knit, I wouldn't stand for what goes on there. Afterall there's freedom of speech and there's exploiting the freedom of speech, the latter being a large percentage of the comments posted at the Den.

...frankly I think it would be a GREAT idea. We've discussed how we aren't getting very much, if any traffic to the main page from regular forum members, and this would be definite incentive. Plus, those surface browsers would be given a much less intimidating "foot in the door," so to speak, to our forums. Then of course there's the increased interest in community news (all mods now, pretty much). I don't see the harm!

...in general, I definitely see the advantages outweighing the potential pitfalls. You can always stop it. Why not do a trial run?

Yeah a trial run could be the way to go. I still think we will just have a whole bunch Comments (0) links tagged on to every news post though.

yeah i must admit that i dont visit the main page much but this sounds interesting. i use planetcnc for news and cncnz for community