Sign in to follow this  
AzianPhoenix

Hello all, I could use some help

Single unit spamming is for n00bs. If you're going to spam units, have a variaty of units. Every single unit in Generals has a counter. I'm too tired to think about G.L.A. tactics. I dislike them intensly anyway, and not because they're terrorists.

Lol I'm using China now. How do I get money late game? Hackers keep dieing. I do not have Zero Hour. I use money hack and Black Lotus but they only get me so much...

Lol I'm using China now. How do I get money late game? Hackers keep dieing. I do not have Zero Hour. I use money hack and Black Lotus but they only get me so much...

First things first: If your Hackers are dieing, then you are not protecting them. To protect hackers you need to keep them somewhere safe. Obviously, the back of your base is the best place for them. But don't clump them all together. Space them out into smaller groups, say of 5-6, throughout the back of your base. Once the money starts rolling in, simply create more hackers. Hell, load up Troop Crawlers with idle Hackers, while using the Red Guard from those Troop Crawlers to protect the working Hackers, so you can replace dead Hackers easily. Also, build some Gattling Cannons around them to protect them from Commanche sneak attacks or maraudering MiGs/Raptors.

One more thing: Get Zero Hour! :P

Guest MadBadger
Hell, load up Troop Crawlers with idle Hackers, while using the Red Guard from those Troop Crawlers to protect the working Hackers,

what total ****e :lol:

Im sorry but 'idle Hackers' wtf? waste of time get em all out makin money have 1 gat cannon guarding 2 groups of 5 hackers all through your base. Make mines on your buildings after the first 10-15 min (where it can get frantic) i dont make any hackers after that i make 5 when ever i hit 30k placing the groups all over with the gats to guard. normaly ill have say 30-60 hackers hacking like mad + a full IT center. Using the lotus is a good idear and if your realy straped for cash get the hack gen power (hack GLA and USA pref after a supply drop for USA)

Always no matter what army you are in that firts 10-15 min go after supply piles dont leave it lying around. If you have it your enemy cant go and use it against you (in the form of tanks ect not that they would start throwing supplys at you :P )

Cash first always never forget your secondary money makers EVER (Black markets, Supply drops, Hackers and oils).

Today perfect example of somone not doing that. They went after supplys and for the first 20 min were easily the strongest. But they hadent made any hackers. they had kept attacking 2 GLA enemys and defeated one. I got the other and it was just me and him. Unlike this Inf gen i had made my hackers and when i rolled up with my Overlord army :D he had nothing to repel it with as he didnt have the money to replenish his army after fighting the GLA. (i won btw ;) )

An inf gen went after supplys

(btw if none of that make sense its cos its 6am :D )

Madbadger, if you swear at Acerz or anyone again I will report you and if it happens in the articles forum, your ban should come back. I'm not having a nonsensical poster insulting my family or any other worthy CNCNZ poster because they can't accept ideas.

Hackers are a necessity for the Chinese later on in the game, however there are other more potent ways of starting a fund for these hackers, and mass spawning is not one of them. Imagine if 2 chinese fellons turtled with 15 hackwers each? The game would never end. the use of black Lotus and the Cash Hacks is a much more potent way of collecting resources. 'Idle Hackers' are also a potent building disabling weapon - have you never used them to virus a building? I didn't think so :roll: Flexibility, Badger, is a weapon that is much more potent than money.

Acerz 'troop crawler' idea was a good one, that way you can have a mobile supply group that can defend itself and stay mobile despite the obvious problems of being stuck in a base. I for one will implementing something similar into my strategy as the Infatry General, whetre I'll be able to have some sort of mobile defendable supply pile.

and keeping mobile propaganda towers all over hte place helps too, the attack that hit 5 min ago, well the 2 suriviors are now at full health and live on the see another day

also, rotate hackers out of the IT center as they gain rankage, hackers within rank up twice as fast, so rotating htem out allows you to potentially gain twice the number of fully ranked hackers as you normally would have.

as for countering hackers, antrax bombs and scuds do wonders, as do pathfinders

GLA superweapon counter-The GLA main advantage for building stuff is workers only cost $150, as ooposed to $1200 for a dozer. Its very easy to grab one of your 16 workers (BTW that many should be 2 supply piles) and have htem build. Get 2 Scud storms asap, preferably at the same time. this will do several things for you.

A: 11 scuds from sw can take out any other SW, so 18 is plenty

B: If they take one out, you still have the other one, plus you know where nad how they came at you.

What Lee was saying is get to the supply piles early on, but as you tec up, continue to build secondary supply sources. Hackers all over the place is a good way to gain cash. Supply drops (my least fav) are very good in that you get $1500 in bundles, very handy for building, and Black markets, while they arent great, in ZH you can have fake ones for half the price and still get $$ from them. HINT: GLA-alsways get cash bounty, after this ,cash shouldnt be much of a problem.

Guest MadBadger

Im sorry but hackers inside a troop transpot is just..... just..... well not good those hackers are just sitting there doing nothing they dont hack while in the transport so whats the point?

Oh and also Lee i reguarly use the hacker Virus attack ;) so dont start preaching to me. Keeping idle hackers lying around is just such a waste of money.

15 hackers is nothing.

If your hackers are spread out enough in there clumps then the worst a anthrax bomb (used as it covers most area) is going to do is take out 2-3 groups.

Madbadger, I'll pontificate all I bloody well want.

Inside a troop crawler,. they become a reserve incase your wonderful clump gets killed. They're fast enough to get out of the way of anything harmful, and their (hackers) stealth and the red guard mean you've got a 75% chance of them surviving.

Guest MadBadger

Stealth? when the hell were transports stealthed? and wheres this 75%? if youve got 8 hackers in one spot and the transport blows up the hackers only have 50% health any toxins/flame/radiation will wipe them all out.

thats where propaganda towers come in. Notice hackers do NOT have the red cross when they are hacking, only when they satand up :wink:

Realism factor being thrown in there Ziggy, if you think about it, men can'[t multitask so listening to the Propaganda Towers and collecting resources is a little hard. Imagine the tank drivers having this stuff directly into their ears though, much more effective...

plus troop transports can keep an eye on pathfinders and sabatouers (spelling-arg)

I switched back to the GLA because I am plain tired of having no money late game. I'm playing 3v1 brutal comp now, I use terrorists and technicals whenever I have micro to spare. I love terrorists, but are they worth using? After all, 5 terrorists + 1 technical = $1500. The combo is very inconsistent in how much damage it does. Is it smarter to use terrorists against buildings or units if both are equally close? How many terroists does it take out each type of building? Can someone link me a table for different healths of units/buildings and how much damage terrorists do? (and bomb trucks)

Guest MadBadger

meh cant do the table thing but you can make do with this pile of crap :D

Power plants, Barraks, supply drops - 3 suicide bombers

Wars, Airs, Supply docks, - 4 suicide bombers

SW, CC, IT center - 6-7

Add 2 more for each GLA building due to the hole you see.

Demo trucks are basicly 2 terrorists + 1 more when you up grade it too bigger bomb (antrax bomb on it just leaves chemical mess)

Demo Gens Terrorists are roughly 1.5 of a noramal terrorist.

In my expirience, except for cash bounty, the GLA has the worst secondary supply gatheres. Chinese hackers are the best followed by US supplydrops (in my expirience, again this is without GLA cash bounty)

so I fail to see why you would switch back to GLA under the pretense of "not enough money"

and as for table: heres my advice-screw it. Suicide bombers are called suicide bombers for 2 reasons. A: they blow themselves up, commiting suicide.

B: they screw over your economy, cause each one gets one shot, even with cash boutnry you waste so much money. Now here and there they are good, like against SWs, but for mainstay attacking, go with upgraded scorps and quads with buggies thrown in

How in the world does china have the best secondary resources gatherers? Hackers give you about $5 every 3 seconds, and they are weak as hell, they die so easily, it takes 6 minutes alone to recoupe their cost!. IMO their only role is to disable buildings, they are a joke (in vannilla) when it comes to using them as a source of income.

I DO NOT HAVE ZERO HOUR so don't refer to internet centers which in no way affects my current situation.

I'd say the US have it best when it comes to late game money, then GLA, and then China in last.

Thanks Madbadger for the outline.

then you obviously havent ever used hackers en masse

groups of 3 scattered around the place, they recoup thier cost quickly enough, plus they get ranked as time goes on and accumulate more cash per "dump"

Persoanlly I prefer constant income as opposed to waiting extended amount of time before seeing the $$$

plus hackers dont cost any power to maintain, unless you count having prop towers everywhere

:shock: Holy Bejesus!

I DO NOT HAVE ZERO HOUR so don't refer to internet centers which in no way affects my current situation.

We know. :P But some people can forget. We're just used to Zero Hour, is all.

But, save up, and let us know when you do have it. Then we can give you some really good strategies (general, and Faction General, ones at that).

Inside a troop crawler,. they become a reserve incase your wonderful clump gets killed. They're fast enough to get out of the way of anything harmful, and their (hackers) stealth and the red guard mean you've got a 75% chance of them surviving.

Exactly what I was getting at. Thanks Lee.

Guest MadBadger

errrr how are GLA Black markets bad? thats $40 ever 5 sec...... kinda good...... Normaly if im GLA i end up with 1/2 - 2/3 of my base area full of these, The rest of my base is War factories :D Cash straght into tanks :P

wouldnt hurt to have 5 or 6 Scud storms building either :wink:

Fake Black Markets give you cash too. Usefull feature. And if they are being captured, just detonate them. :twisted::twisted:

^Zero Hour only

Mleh, I dunno if I want Zero Hour, I can't find it by itself, always packaged together with Generals. =/

Online store

that was the only way I got it. But if you are missing a number of other C&Cs you may as well get the First Decade pack and fill out your whole collection.