Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

EA Vs The Ghosts Of Westwood

Meh. Petro will never outdo EA. EAW and anything else Petro may produce will be quality but it will never outdo EA. EA has a lot of influence and a lot of exclusive rights like James Bond, now the NFL and above all, Command and Conquer. No one can compete with a conglomerate like EA.

Maybe not as a company, but in the RTS market, they do have a very good chance :wink:

you think EA hasn't thought this through?

Looks like its going to be a double rebuttal...

Ya know, considering this is a C&C fansite, I would have thought you'd be more supportive of EA, considering they're the only one's who are going to ever make a C&C game.

I have no doubt EA know exactly what they're doing, they wouldn't have gotten this far if they didn't.

Petroglyph will smash the BFME franchise & any pitiful attempts EA will make for the RTS market.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/migh...000/SmashEA.jpg

[edit] ph34r my uber paint skillzorz. [edit]

Post Edited by Admin - Don't post large images causing the page layout to get messed up. Create a link to them instead. This is covered in the forum rules.

[EDIT]Ok so not everyone is running 1280*1024+ like me. I forget that at times.[EDIT]

Nah... personally I am bored to see these two franquices being used once again, and again, and again, too much LOTR, too much SW, I want to see something new, so I will buy the expansion of AoW just to not have to watch girly elves fighting against dirty orcs or stupid jedis and rebel cannon fodder in a battle with the imperial low-quality rubish and the sith suckers.

Meh. Petro will never outdo EA. EAW and anything else Petro may produce will be quality but it will never outdo EA. EA has a lot of influence and a lot of exclusive rights like James Bond, now the NFL and above all, Command and Conquer. No one can compete with a conglomerate like EA.

...that is very true. We're past the days of garage programmers competing in and revolutionizing the market. With such high production values that are put into games now, the monster companies have a definite advantage.

Not EA has a whole, just EALA. Don't forget that Petro get backing LucasArts and then SEGA for their next game.

Ya know, considering this is a C&C fansite, I would have thought you'd be more supportive of EA, considering they're the only one's who are going to ever make a C&C game.

In the last 2 years what have EA give us to be supportive of them. C&C Generals in 2 parts back in 2003, and now all the old C&C games re-released next month :roll:

Once EA finish their lover affair with the snore-fest that is BfME2 hopefully the focus shifts to C&C and we get something from them that we can be supportive of.

Once EA finish their lover affair with the snore-fest that is BfME2 hopefully the focus shifts to C&C and we get something from them that we can be supportive of.

Exactly. We just have be patient. They know that if and when they produce a worthy CnC title, we'll all love EALA again.

I'm just worried that if they can't make a good BFME title why would they be able to make a good C&C title?

Read my rebuttal to this whole thing in a few days time and you'll see a more logical explanation as to why EA is going beat Petro...

If it's just gonna be about money and the fact that their RTS games have EA slapped all over it. You're wasting your time.

The only logic I can see, will be if they decide to push C&C franchise for everything it's got. That's where the big bucks do lie, and that's when we'll see a huge competiton. And the possibility of trouncing Petroglyph.

But the words "Starcraft", "Total Annihilation", "Rise Of Nations" and "Total War" must not be ignored, these are proven RTS games which have been significantly better than C&C. There is no reason why Petroglyph can't do the same :wink:

However I have to say you are in a minority. I have received plenty of supporting comments and over 20 e-mails from community leaders and members from communitys such as C&C, Total War, Rise Of Nations and the Empire At War community who all support this article and agree with my views. They all are those who have left the C&C community in search of more, and half of these are vets!

I've even been offered staff postions as a forum admin and a co-webmaster because of this... unfortunate for them, I've had to decline their offers :wink:

As far as I could understand, this is a 'get me another C&C instead of BfME' article. Unfortunatelly, they focus on what they believe that 'market' demands. That's how Louis Castle works, as himself posted in the interview APOC did with him last september. I don't like the way they work, really, because they don't create their games with passion...