Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Destiny

Army Forces

Special Agent

Owner: General Fenring

Cost: $1400

Since Fenring discontinued the usual Spy training, he drafted a new type of saboteur. Fenring's Special Agents do not rely on the disguise techniques, but rather they blend in with the environment to conceal their locations. In effect, these guys are cloaked and unseen on radar.

Stealth Agent

Cost: $1600

The name is misleading. These troopers are not agents, but modified Chrono Legionnaires. Rather than zipping about, the Stealth Agent is cloaked and off radar, much like everything else Fenring has. However, he retains the same weapon as the Chrono Legionnaire.

Stealth Tank

Cost: $1750

The Mirage Tank was good but hiding without even being seen is even better. Fenring's Stealth Tanks only reveal themselves when they discharge their weapons. Don't be fooled. These tanks are not visible at any other time and even when passed over, they will not be detected.

SpySat Radar

Cost: $2000

Instead of revealing the map right away like the normal Uplink Station, Fenring's uses a "Reveal" function. Click and boom, no more shroud. This comes in handy if the radar is blanked out from a crate.

Light Tank

Owner: General Mina Synd

Cost: $500

After the loss of the basic Allied tank, Mina put an ancient relic back into action. While stronger than its earlier counterpart, Mina's Light Tank isn't quite as potent as other tanks but it is more nimble and much cheaper to produce.

Concrete Bunker

Owner: General Mina Synd

Instead of a Pillbox as her basic defense, Mina utilizes Bunkers. These get more out of her infantry than having them stand around. The extra range is a huge boost to her already stacked infantry corps.

Tank Destroyer

Owner: General Cygnus

Cost: $900

The Tank Destroyer is Cygnus' basic unit so it replaces the Grizzly Tank at start. Little has changed except for one thing: it does moderate damage to infantry, much like any other tank in the game.

Grand Artillery

Owner: General Cygnus

Cost: $1600

In keeping with his ranged ballistics, Cygnus put his heavy artillery back into action. His Artillery deploys for added range and power... even as a mobile howitzer, its weapons are quite powerful.

Mortar Trooper

Owner: General Gazdude

Cost: $1500

Gazdude is putting his missile systems to extremely efficient use with his Mortar Trooper. While undeployed, his weapon is no stronger than a few grunts, but deploy him and he breaks out the mortar launcher. With double the range and nearly double the power of the Guardian GI, they are not to be taken lightly. However, they do have a tendency to miss their targets and they cannot fire at incoming aircraft.

Northstar Launcher

Owner: General Gazdude

The Northstar is Gazdude's replacement for the Prism Tank. It works in a similar fashion to the V3 Launcher but it packs two powerful missiles instead of one. The Northstar's missiles travel just as quickly but, unlike the V3, have a hell of a kick to them. However, this does have a side effect: Northstar crews cannot reload their missiles nearly as quickly.

Black Eagle

Owner: General Tree

Cost: $1200

Replacing the Harrier, Sonic's Black Eagle is, for most, an upgraded tank killer. For the most part this holds true but Sonic's Eagles have a knack for wasting infantry with a heavy caliber cannon as well.

JSF

Owner: General Tree

Replacement for the Allied Raptor. Sonic's JSF is stronger, faster and more powerful than its counterpart but it is also more lightly armored. It does bank extremely hard after an attack and also has padded range to get in and out of enemy airspace faster to avoid being shot out of the sky.

Chrono MLRS

Owner: General Koen

Koen's forces aren't cheap and the additional vehicle costs make his MLRS a heavy investment should a strike fail. Like the Chrono Legion, the MLRS zips about the battlefield but packs a missile based weapon. Upon striking a non-aerial infantry or vehicle, the missiles will spray in all directions causing all kinds of chaos.

Avenger

Owner: General BWare

Cost: $900

General BWare switched out the IFV for the Avenger. It pack an anti-aircraft laser that targets threats threats faster and more accurately than the missile-based IFV. Not to be outdone though, BWare can load an infantry in one for additional support fire.

Electric Bullets

Owner: General gammyleg

Cost: $400

Instead of additional forces, King has taken to upgrading his existing set to fry infantry in even more excruciating ways... and damage armor in the process. The "Electric Bullets" upgrade goes on the Sentry Gun, where it gives them a bit of an electric boost. However, with this upgrade on, the Sentry Gun will require power and shut down during times of low power.

Bomb Truck

Owner: General Acerz

Cost: $700

As his description stated, General Acerz has recruited many for the Soviet cause. Manned by these fanatics, Bomb Trucks carry a non-nuclear payload with blazing speed. However, thse have a noticeably smaller blast radius than the Demo Truck but come right after the War Factory.

Uranium Bullets

Owner: General alleylee

Like General C&C King, General alleylee set to upgrading his existing forces with his deadly technology. The "Uranium Bullets" upgrade goes on the Sentry Gun where it packs the bullets with uranium. Like King's similar upgrade, it requires power and shuts down during times of low power.

Stability

Owner: General alleylee

Cost: $1000

alleylee has suffered many tragic accidents at the hands of his own technology. Although he never batted an eye at the death of his own men, it did not go unnoticed with him. As a result, his team developed the "Stability" upgrade. The upgrade goes on Reactors where it increases power output by 35%, but as a result, alleylee's eliminated the explosive potential. However, the additional result comes standard on all of his Reactors.

Sabre Assault Vehicle

Owner: General Thierry

Cost: $1200

General Thierry doesn't believe in weak support forces. His prized creation, the Sabre, is a huge, lumbering monstrosity that is deadly effective against structural targets, but less so against any others. Think of it is a building tank destroyer.

Flame Trooper

Owner: General chickendippers

Cost: $700

Nothing new, or even that special here. The same idea seen time and time again but this version uses a 'spray' gun instead of a stream. However, when promoted to elite, his napalm cocktail does more damage to armored targets.

Dragon Tank

Owner: General chickendippers

Cost: $1300

General chickendippers sure loves his fire. Just think of the Dragon Tank as a bigger, badder Flame Trooper. It's stronger, has a bigger splash radius and is moderately effective against structures. When destroyed, watch for flying napalm. It's powerful stuff!

The only thing I like more then a good bunch of tanks is a mobile nuclear missile launcher, something like a SCUD/V3 mixed with a nuke cannon :D

Yeh basicly.

Sabre tank? Hmm, if I got a super-uber tank I'd call it the Devastator any day :D

Have you seen the Devastators in TS Gold?

Them are pretty super 8)

Devestators? Aren't those the huge harkonnen tanks from Dune?

The only thing I like more then a good bunch of tanks is a mobile nuclear missile launcher, something like a SCUD/V3 mixed with a nuke cannon :D

That would be for alleylee since he's the Nuke General. You're the master of tanks and ballistics. I need to beef up your forces and I already have done so. Replacements ftw.

Ballistics? Gimme a good old powerful artillery cannon anyday, plain and simple :D

Is this Mod out for grabs yet? because it sounds very fun and what could be funner than playing with forum generals =D!. Also the ideas, All of them sound really cool =).

Fenring is working on it, althought I must say, his past projects ahve always turned otu pretty well, so there no reason to hope otherwise for htis one :D 8)

It's not even close to being finished... hell, I'm not even done with all of the Yuri generals additions yet. Not to mention the AI will be monstrous. Since I'm trying to outdo AlliedG, I'm aiming for 1200 triggers PER general.

Just a bit ambitious don't you think, Beowulf.

What are we looking at, in terms of filesize here? 1200 triggers seems to be...how do I say it....A LOT.

The AI file size is moot compared to the everything else. There will be some many new graphics included that it will BLOW YOUR MIND!

And to answer your question, Cygnus, the AI file will be close to 20 MB.

Just a bit ambitious don't you think, Beowulf.

Not enough really. I'm looking forward to coding the AI entirely from scratch. ;)

This should be good. I can use it as a bass for my somewhat less comprehensive AI enhancements.... 8) :wink:

Guest MadBadger
:rofl: sounds like its gona be a killer download :P If a 416MB file from EA takes a good hour or two.....

I suspect the mod will be close to a 100 MB download. You'll be awestruck by how much is really going into this.

You're the master of tanks and ballistics.

Hmm, in that case, what I always lacked in most games was a very basic simply artillery unit, something like the Inferno Cannon from Generals, but with a bog-standard all-purpose shell, not doing specific damage, but just damage to all units/structures.

Cost: 1000

Range: Similar to V3, 12 or something.

Speed: Similar to Rhino

Armor: Medium, its not a very weak unit actually, making it more tank like.

Requirements: War Factory, Battle Lab.

Upgrades: Maybe clusters that spread on impact, or a fire effect after the shell exploded, like with the Inferno Cannon.

I was also thinking about an upgrade, the auto-loader for the Rhino Tank, increasing its rate of fire :)

I do like the name Inferno Cannon btw, though Siege Cannon is fine too. (if you're give my forces this baby:P)

I can't do unit upgrades unfortunately. =

However, you do have something similar to that. ;)

You mean deploy? I was thinking about that! All my main tanks should have the ability to 'dig in' (using deploy) laying sandbags around themselves, increasing their armor while deployed. Maybe (due to them not moving) they have increased weapon accuracy or range.

Sounds cool, although for every unit that deploys, a "structure" has to be made for them to deploy into.

I'm no expert on RA2 modding, but dont the GI deploy without turning into a structure? Or is that an infantry only thing?

PS: Tiberian Sun uses the same engine, and doesn't Tick Tank ring any bells :D

Tick Tank deploys into a structure.

Theoretically, I could use the UnloadingClass logic to make your tanks dig in. However, that's not happening since that would use up free space for new units.