Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Training as a Jedi

No doubt this hasn't been updated for some time now.. But with preparations being made for the impending release of Empire at War. I've been watching an episode of the Star Wars movies every day to make sure I'm up to speed on things, and to refresh my memory. Until a couple of days ago, I hadn't watched Episodes 4-6 since 1998! That's a very long time. But now I feel confident I remember enough of the Saga to play the game, and know where I stand.

On another note. C&C: The First Decade is out in less than 2 weeks. I'm sure all of you who are buying this Mega pack are defragging those hard disks and making extra room for all the games. Trust me, you'll need it.

Ya don't need that much space for the decade pack.

Yeh, all the games before Generals and Renegade are under 1 GB, I think.

Yeh, all the games before Generals and Renegade are under 1 GB, I think.

Yup, its probably gonna be under 5 GB.

Well I just preordered both on Amazon, got to love Amazon. w00t

King, if you had time, you might wanna read the Thrawn Trilogy (Timothy Zahn)

lots of good tactics in there for both Imps and New Rep.

After all, its Grand Admiral Thrawn vs Garm Bel Iblis and Admiral Ackbar. The best of the best.

Trying to find extended universe literature here in the UK is quite difficult. My wife's cousin (who's lightsabers I used) has only books on the Rise of the Dark Empire where the emperor is cloned.

I would read those, but to my knowlegde of the extended universe that takes place after the Thrawn Trilogy.

I'm not buying the first decade. I already own every CnC game already. :P

Of course, I might buy it for the Red Alert 1 soviet missions(lost the soviet disk).

Trying to find extended universe literature here in the UK is quite difficult. My wife's cousin (who's lightsabers I used) has only books on the Rise of the Dark Empire where the emperor is cloned.

I would read those, but to my knowlegde of the extended universe that takes place after the Thrawn Trilogy.

*GASP* those are the only EU stuff (besides Boba Fett) that I DONT have !! :wink: or havent read. BTW they are very good.

ANd if you never read them, then of course your knowledge of SW EU isnt going to expand any more :wink: :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Wikipedia will tell all without reading the books. :wink: Of course, that takes the fun out of it, but not only do I not have time to read anything other than my computer books for MIT, I'm also lazy. :P

/ thats a weak article explaining SW Expanded Universe. Reading = much much better

plus Dark Horse Comics >> All

Mey I ask what is "C&C: The First Decade" ???? :?:

I haven't heard it before!

And G&C ???? :?

I heard for Red Alert 3 , but NEVER for "C&C: The First Decade" !!!

Let's see if I got this right...

"C&C: The First Decade" is actualy a DVD , that contains gamers's greatest screenshotes from all over the world , and a few CD-s , that contains this games??? : :?

Command & Conquer (Aug. 1995)

Command & Conquer The Covert Operations (April 1996)

Command & Conquer Red Alert (Oct. 1996)

Command & Conquer Red Alert The Aftermath (Sept. 1997)

Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike (Mar. 1997)

Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun (Aug. 1999)

Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm (Feb. 2000)

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 (Oct. 2000)

Command & Conquer Yuri's Revenge (Oct. 2001)

Command & Conquer Renegade (Feb. 2002)

Command & Conquer Generals (Feb. 2003)

Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour (Sept. 2003)

Is that all? :cry:

But I have 8 of them :lol: !! And they are only 12!

Or are they combined???

That will be great!!!!! :D

What do you think?

And what?Are they gona be saled in stores?

When is gonna be reliased? :?:

Someone's a little behind. :P

It should be out now in all stores worldwide. The release date (at least for New Zealand) was February the 16th.

Like Sonic said, visit http://www.cncnz.com/games/first_decade/

for everything related to The First Decade.

Someone's a little behind. :P

It should be out now in all stores worldwide. The release date (at least for New Zealand) was February the 16th.

Like Sonic said, visit http://www.cncnz.com/games/first_decade/

for everything related to The First Decade.

I visited it and that's where I'v got the list whit the games.

I read in the EA site , that it shoud come out on 17 feb

Eh? Oh, must've misread it. Oh well, a day less or a day more isn't important.

Guest MadBadger

..... are you ****ing me?.... i have all the New Jedi Order the whole Thrawn and Correlia trilogys. + about 15 others. Are you not looking in shops or somink? Check Forbidden Planets, Books ECT, waterstones & WHSmiths they all have them in the SI-FI bit.

I really cant belive you cant find any...... ill post up all the EU books i have tommorow.

TFD was released here several days ago, like the 12th or sumthin, I got it in the mail from my grandparents for my bday (a day late, but anywho...woot)

Since you are all star wars fans ^^ (me to btw). I guess you'll be buying empire at war?

Because I was pondering which one I should get, the first decade / empire at war ,but since I have already played most of the games in first decade, my choice was leaning over to empire at war :P

wtf..leaning? Just get EAW :wink: It is much better. I only asked for TFD decade cause I needed Renegade, TD, CO, and new TS (my old disks dont respong anymore :( )

I have EAW as well (couldnt have picked a better time for a birthday :D ) and I GARUNTEE YOU WILL LOVE IT 8)