Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

What is your preferred C&C Universe?

Feel free to leave your comments in this thread about the current poll on the main page of CNCNZ.com - What is your preferred C&C Universe?

I always loved the storyline for The tiberian games. However I always liked the gameplay aspects for the Red Alert Series... So I'm kinda in a bind. But Tiberian is gotta win overall.

I didn't like Generals as much as either of those choices.

Tiberian Universe, the only true universe in C&C gaming. Red Alert stopped at the first one, and Generals, don't even get me started.

Funny thing is, EA call it the Tiberium Universe... The n00bs! :roll: :haha:

While the Tiberium Universe is the true CnC universe, I sometimes get sick of the whole apocalyptic setting, and the fact that there are so many loose ends to tie up in TS. The Red Alert series is by far the most fun, both story-wise and gameplay-wise, and while Generals didn't have much of a story to it, it was by far more realistic, therefore just as fun.

Generals > Red Alert (only slightly) > Tiberium.

:wink:

Acerz.... is clearly on something. Something strong.

I feel exactly opposite of what he said :wink:

No question redasblood.

that was overall...

for graphics hmmm

generals does have the best graphics but there is something about TS and RA2 =]

for storyline

i like tiberian storyline better...it was the original..and also it was more creative and just entertaining.

for gameplay

cnc95 has a sense of realism, though almost like a mean between RA2 and generals....i think RA2 had a more sci-fi feel to it than TD..then again TS enveloped the player in a new world...with mystery AND almost antiquity...because GDI and NOD are still fighting...i duno they just roCKK

TD and RA1 are equal in gameplay....as TS and RA2 are almost as similar

Yeah... in terms of gameplay, my vote has to go with Generals, followed closely by RA2, then TS, then RA, then TD.

Haha, looking back on that I realize that I just listed the order in which they were released :lol:

I guess gameplay has been steadily improving...

I feel exactly opposite of what he said :wink:

I'm with Bware on this one. :)

The "Red Alert" timeline is the more potent and compelling story to be perfectly honest. Not to say that the Tib timeline isn't great but it doesn't seem to have the same feel that Red Alert presents. Must be the zany technologies those crazy Allies and Soviets have devised... heh. Focused, controlled lightning is so much cooler than a laser. ;)

Focused, controlled lightning is so much cooler than a laser. ;)

I couldn't agree more! The laser was cool, but the tesla... come on. Awesome.

I love both universes of course, but the Tiberian one is just so much more epic. This was especially proven in TS, where it really pushed those boundries. If only RA2 weren't the goofy, comic book-like thing it became, the RA universe could have been MUCH more solid.

yea but i agree that TS was more epic...but actually RA2 was also very much too..i say they tie...but then again TS is more creative

I feel exactly opposite of what he said. :wink:

Yeah... in terms of gameplay, my vote has to go with Generals, followed closely by RA2, then TS, then RA, then TD.

Haha, looking back on that I realize that I just listed the order in which they were released :lol:

I guess gameplay has been steadily improving...

Can anyone see the contradiction? :wink:

What I posted was leaning moreso on gameplay dude. :wink:

As for being on something strong, well that's none of your business. :P

Haha, yes, gameplay has been improving.... but this is about universes dude :wink:

In which case the Red Alert series > all. Tiberian comes seconed. Generals comes last. :P

yea but i agree that TS was more epic...but actually RA2 was also very much too..i say they tie...but then again TS is more creative

Hardly. Tiberian Sun is far less so. RA2 brought in zany technology and more cheese than a deli. That rules.

yea but i still think RA2 and TS tie...its the originality in TS i guess...im not sure..there is a sort of phantom originality...im not sure actually what it is.....i think its that TS is more of a classic..RA2 is still hott

but this is really tough i dont think i can decide which is best :? :P

Bah RA2 epic? With those ****ty cutscenes that completly remove any sense of epic proptions to the entire game? Pff, yeah right.

It's not the game, it's the storyline in that particular universe. :wink:

Bah RA2 epic? With those s****y cutscenes that completly remove any sense of epic proptions to the entire game? Pff, yeah right.

WELL SAID.

Frankly I think they came close to killing the RA story with that goofiness. RA is dark and epic... not a cartoon!

You say that mate yet RA2 was pretty popular (and still is). :wink:

Bah RA2 epic? With those s****y cutscenes that completly remove any sense of epic proptions to the entire game? Pff, yeah right.

The cutscenes rule. The cheese factor made RA2 great. Like I said, more cheese than a deli. Besides, RA2 is as epic as making a pizza. :P