Sign in to follow this  
EternityZX0

What new features would you like to see in CnC3?

After creating the last topic this one got me thinking on another: What features do you think we will see or at least hope to see in the next CnC game (which is hopefully CnC3)?

My thoughts:

1. Improved storyline over the most recent CnC games (Ex: Generals...need I say more?)

2. Fully 3D environment with deformable terrain, buildings, and weather effects. (Much like those that are supposed to be in Company of Heroes)

3. A Physics system and/or support of the PPU for massive battles and enhanced effects (Like those in War Hammer: Mark of Chaos)

4. Elements of other types of games incorporated into a RTS such as RPG, MMO, or even FPS elements. (Ex: What if you could take a first person perspective of a soldier in the game and control him like in a FPS, if he died you would change your view to the next soldier closest to where you were.) (More of a wish than I actually think it will happen).

5. An improved GUI and/or improved presentation of the game so that you feel more connected to the game and feel like your "transported" to the CnC3/Red Alert Universe (Ex: Flow of scenes in Half-Life 2, NPC's would talk directly to you in "cutscenes")

6. A very extensive and well thought out Single Player campaign (Personally I don't think their should be more than 2 Sides: Nod and GDI. Each get help though, from NPCs: Nod - Scrin, GDI - Forgotten)

7. Improved multiplayer - maybe add the Scrin and Forgotten into multiplayer?

I'm not saying these ideas are perfect, but I think there is a lot of things the EA team could build on with the lessons learned from Generals and BfME. And on top of that I believe some of these features are going to be needed if they are going to stay competitive with other games like Company of Heroes and War Hammer: Mark of Chaos that will come out later this year, and even future games.

What are your opinions?

This might be more of a ren2 idea type thing, but...

I think there should be team commanders, where the commander sees from the typical Cnc rts view, and the rest of the people are on the two (maybe more) teams as a fps. this is simmilar to a Half Life mod, Natural Selection, fun game.

Thats all folks

A game that would put Generals in the C&C/RA storyline? That's not gonna work.

EDIT: Tough I do like the combination of FPS/RTS. That the RTS commander would give orders to his FPS units, and give them weapons, tanks and classes and stuff, but that it's up to the FPS players to actually execute those orders.

im not sure what exactly to improve, i just hope the next CnC (hopefully Tiberian Twilight) will be the kind of game where it just sucks you right in and it feels like your living it, and the cutscenes are played out like they're in a movie theater