Sign in to follow this  
Space

Hello fellow C&C fans

Hi everyone,

As I always visit this site's news page a few times a day I thought I should sign up.

I've been playing C&C since day one and am a fan of all the games, from Tiberium Dawn to Zero Hour. I got an Xbox 360 when it was released but still find myself playing Generals instead. Another game I'm really into is Worms Armageddon, which is still going strong.

One of my main interests is web design and I run a website called DarkZero, which covers mainly Gaming but also Film and Music. We've got a little community forum going there too and a few of us try to play Generals a few times a week.

EA have actually given us a copy of C&C: The First Decade to review. As we're a UK based site we're running a bit behind some of the big US sites as it has been out for a couple of days over here. Normally I'd let one of our regular writers review it but I'm such a fan I couldn't pass up the opportunity. It has arrived today and I look forward to installing it when I get back from work.

Anyway that'll do for now, see you around the rest of the forum.

Congrats to Sonic and the rest of the staff, you've done an excellent job with this site.

- Space

Hi there, nice site by the way. But I have one outstanding problem with a few of your games reviews. Your staff rate Generals above Red Alert, and they give one of the worst RTS games ever to grace the PC (D-Day) a score of 8.3!!?? Methinks you might need an RTS reviewer with a bit more RTS knowledge :wink:

Other than that, most scores are quite close to the rating they deserved :D

Hi there, nice site by the way. But I have one outstanding problem with a few of your games reviews. Your staff rate Generals above Red Alert, and they give one of the worst RTS games ever to grace the PC (D-Day) a score of 8.3!!?? Methinks you might need an RTS reviewer with a bit more RTS knowledge :wink:

Other than that, most scores are quite close to the rating they deserved :D

Thanks. Yep havings lots of different reviewers is a big problem, especially when the review dates are far apart. In an ideal world a single person would be responsible for RTS games as you say. But at the very least it gives readers a good feel for a game. Over the last year our scoring accuracy has improved a lot and I feel pleased with what most games are getting. I'm hoping my Decade Pack review will summarise the whole C&C series nicely, but as we know there's a lot of different views within the community.

In fact I'm installing all the games now, I'm half tempted to call in sick tomorrow claiming serial number overdose.

Welcome :)

:shock: And welcome to you too Deadeye! You staying dude? :wink:

Guest MadBadger

'ello Space. Whats your NZ name? ill add you if i see you.......

Good to see another londoner here :P mind you im from down Croydon way, where you at?

'ello Space. Whats your NZ name? ill add you if i see you.......

Sorry what's NZ? The only NZ I can think of is this place and you can see my name already. :)

Good to see another londoner here :P mind you im from down Croydon way, where you at?

I work in the center of London but commute in from around the Watford area.

EA have actually given us a copy of C&C: The First Decade to review. As we're a UK based site we're running a bit behind some of the big US sites as it has been out for a couple of days over here. Normally I'd let one of our regular writers review it but I'm such a fan I couldn't pass up the opportunity. It has arrived today and I look forward to installing it when I get back from work.

When you post your review on your site let us know and well will give it a mention in our news.

That would be great, thanks Sonic. I'm aiming to get it all written up by the end of next week.

nice site there Space.

only one thing ot say besides welcome. Stay involved. That is all. Have a nice day :wink:

meh get to know people. Its a fun break from life every now and then.

Guest MadBadger

:bang: :bang: :bang: ZH not NZ...... stupid New Zeelander started MSNin AND AIMing me at the same time ffs..... there name shall remain unsaid cos i blocked them :D

whats your ZH name...

Sorry I should have guessed, but these days there's so many abbreviations you never know! My online name is spacedz.