Sign in to follow this  
Space

The Football/Soccer Thread

Does anyone else support a football team?

I'm guessing the vast majority of you are from the US so this may not go down too well. If it isn't to your taste please don't ruin it for the rest of us.

I'm a Chelsea fan and have been for many years now. Finally over the last few years we've hit top form and are winning the English league. Tomorrow night we face Barcelona in the Champions League - what a match that promises to be. Unfortunately for us William Gallas is out and he is a player that will be desperately missed.

A small sidenote.. has anyone considered that Soccer should probably be spelt Socker?

Just because we are in the U.S. means we hate soccer? I am from Texas sir, full of Mexicans, which are soccer freaks. (Heh, our school doesn't have a male soccer team and it pisses them off! :P)

I am a Dallas Desperado fan.. Somewhat... Not really. :?

o man a lot of US soccer teams suck....

but i'll kick all ur asses in soccer any day...at least defence wise :lol:

I'm guessing the vast majority of you are from the US so this may not go down too well. If it isn't to your taste please don't ruin it for the rest of us.

OMG SOCCER SUX0RZ LOL!!!!111!!11oneone :evil::evil:

Just kidding dude :wink:

WELCOME again, by the way, and thank you for posting!

Big football fan (officially changed from soccer in Australia this year)

I support Queensland Roar and Manchester Utd.

Australia is finnaly in the World Cup after al these years of close losses in qualifiers

Guest MadBadger

Woohoo another fella from Laaandaaaan!!!

EAGLES!!!!!!!

wow that took some time ;)

yer i supose i support Crystal Palace...

Chelsea? Man Utd? Glory supporters :wink:

I support good old Rushden & Diamonds... The best non league team next season :haha:

We got annihilated 5-0 to League Two Leaders Carlise on Saturday!! Yeah we rule!!! :P

Guest MadBadger

wow... even Palace can beat Carlise :lol:

I'm pleasantly surprised by the response. Certinaly didn't expect to find a Rushden & Diamonds support on here. :lol:

Ok.. summary of Chelsea's big game against Barca. Lost 2-1 in the end but it was a very entertaining game.

First of all, the ref's decision to send off Del Horno after 30min was 100% wrong. It was barely a yellow card, he simply ran into him. This left us on the back foot without much ability to attack. Although it wasn't a red card Del Horno has looked so poor defensively and when Ferreria took over we looked much safer even with only 10 men.

We got lucky with an own goal and then Carvalho did one of his typical dumbass pointless fouls to give them a freekick that Ronaldinho made us pay for, a mirror of what Lampard did at the other end. Barca then got one more but it wasn't too surprising.

Terry, Gudjohnson and Makelele were simply amazing this game, world class performances. Without them we'd have lost this 6-0. Messi had a blinder for them too, without him they probably wouldn't have won.

The second leg should be good. Unless we are again unfortunate with the ref it should be a close game.

Im from Australia so we dont hear much about teams in lower leagues over there. I also support Portsmouth though but not as much as Man Utd

Anyone else follow Cricket?

Im a Celtic supporter and Im still on a high since our last game on sunday as we won 8-1 !!!

Its a shame the US as a whole dont appreciate the game as Team USA look like quite a good team just now and they might go far in the world cup, I hope for the sake of US fans that this time round the US media coverage is better than than it was during the last world cup as I had to use MSN to tell a few people in the USA the scores as the TV station did not show the games live.

Guest MadBadger

Haha England owned Auzi at Cricket :P

As for that Chelsea match :lol: that tackle didnt deserve a red card TBH dont blaim Morihenio for wanting it lifted.

I dont like the USA coach. He called the Socceroos the easy beats of the comp.

Haha England owned Auzi at Cricket

Haha the England cricket team beat the Australian Team for once so they got honoured by the queen.

ODI world rankings

Australia 1st

Endland 6th

Although you guys are finnaly moving up the Test match rankings now 2nd behind Australia. You were 5th before christmas.

Guest MadBadger

yer the bit about us beating you..... thats as far as i go with the cricket ;)

Chicago Bears, that last game was so disappointing and i passed out drunk before the Atlanta Game. And the first time we beat detroit into the ground was my 21st birthday :)