Sign in to follow this  
RKCoon

I WANT a Battleship.

Hrmmmm... Drill Tank... that reminds me of some sort of TS mod which also used that...

That's one gay cameo...

Fixed. -_-

What a nice thing to say about someone's first attempt at a voxel/cameo.

I agree with beowulf there, but i like the naval based mod there, with water based structures, but i highly doubt someone like you can pull it out of your arse.

oh snap score 2 more for beowolf there

It's called make a better attempt. -_-
Exactly how much time do you think I have? I don't have enough time to make full-fledged voxels and finish school assignments :boohoo:

I work plenty of hours yet I still manage to have plenty of time to mod. :roll:

You have NO excuses.

ah-hem, back on topic.

Bewolf's rules has a Battleship in it, among other things.

If you want naval stuff, just apply a "mod" to a map via FinalAlert2 or TibEd. That way the map you make will be modded, anyone can play on it, and assuming that they dont modify the rules.ini attatched to it, everything can and will work.

Thats assuming you know how to make a decent map, and balance it ect ect. :wink:

oh well then too bad. Guess whoever wanted the battle ship will just have to play a mod that has one in it :P

Among with the ideas at the beginning of the thread... Alot can be done with a navel based maps. I've seen some maps for YR replay the old RA1 missions. With the cruisers bombarding the enemy off the coastline. They were quite good.

Ideas of having a tech oil platform in the water. The idea of adding swimming to the engineer.

Torpedo Launchers and other such buildings have been made in past mods. The concept is not that hard to make.

Mining for Oil: This was one idea we were tossing around back when ER:AA was around. Having ships dock with oil in the water. It all worked... but after the ship started to harvest the oil it would just stop once full. Most likely looked something over at the time. But it's been a long time since i've looked at those rules.

Sounds interesting enough, and yes it can be done in mods, but I think Fenring was saying that it cant be done on individual maps due to the lack of art.ini, the .mix files containing the new art, and the name tables.

It's hard to implement new miner types and any that aren't in the game or have special tags will invariably not work properly. It's not that anything's wrong per se but the game doesn't read the unit as a miner, even if it has Harvester=yes set.

I've gotten alternate miners to work in TS, that game seems to read the harvester tags just fine. Its a little akward when they are dumping into the refineries, as it reverts to the original anim for that, but otherwise, it works.

Again, thats in TS, I havent tried differnet harvester types for RA2. The most I've ever done was a major weapons changeup for the Soviet and Yuri miners. But thats easy enough.