Sign in to follow this  
Zion250

problems with tibedit2

i have installed tibedit2 so i can mod generals and ZH but... i cant edit anything:S i get the following message:

File not found in GetBinaryFile for 'english.bigdataenglishgenerals.csf' (in readonly more: -1 and wiith path 'TBinaryFile')

i click 'OK' since its the only button availble and i get the following message:

english.bigdataenglishgenerals.csf could not be found while creating your project!

i get these messages several times over and over again for all the .ini's.

help? please...

Question: Do you have Generals from The First Decade pack? If so, then please go to http://xccu.sourceforge.net and use the "XCC TFD Shortcut Installer" which will fix compatibility issues between The First Decade and all currently existing mods and tools.

This is because your game folder setting is not correct: TibEd is trying to open a file from the game, but it fails. Question: which language version of the game do you have? English? Or one of the other language versions?

answer: yes i do have generals from the TFD pack but i had it from the original disk first... and replaced TFD's gen and ZH with the directorys from the original ones...

i will try that link you gave me and see what happens... ty for reply.

unfortunatally that link is "dead" it seems to be encryipted somehow and i canot understand it... i have scoured the site and have not found the "XCC TFD" thing... another link maybe?

this is ok but... i already have it... it makes little icons in the 'start bar' and i already done that but it still cant find the files... will it have anything to do with a program called 'bink and smacker'? it is a program that allowes me to 'unzip' all the .big files in the directorys. but i have only extracted the audio files by doing that and some of the .ini's for manual editing. i really wanted to use tibed2 becuase it takes a really long time scrolling through the ini's and changing health and armour, money, etc etc and doing it that way.

Why dont you just manually change the game folder in tibed?

When it starts it asks you what game, change the "game folder" to wherever your game is installed. Problem solved

i do that and even with the trailing slash () but still no... cant find this file or that file...

So what is the value you enter in TibEd for the game folder?

Does it include a trailing "generals"-like name? Because it should not just be "The First Decade" name.

ok this is what happens when i go to run the program:

i click the icon in my desktop (tibed2), i get the "tibed2 is shareware" bla bla bla, i click "register later" then the "new project: select game and project type" window apperes. i click the "C&C: Generals" icon once and type the game folder as follows: C:Program FilesEA GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeCommand & Conquer Generals then i click "start". The "enter mod name" opens and i enter a mod name. then i get all the errors that started this topic off.

hope this helps?

i know you guys are trying your best to help and it may just be my really sh***y comp but i hate spending several hours scrolling through .ini's.

I will have to look into this further. A TibEd 2 update will need to be created I think - once I find the problem.

I have prepared an update. It contains two new data files for TibEd (which go in the TibEd 2 data folder) and a new version of Generals Mod Selector.

Download the following and unzip it into your TibEd 2 folder:

[edit]Replaced link with download link for newer beta 4a[/edit]

http://www.tibed.net/download?tibed2

and please let me know if this works. Please note that if you have a non-English language version you will still get one error when starting TibEd 2.

C:Program FilesEA GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeCommand & Conquer Generals

I dont know about yours but in my install the "" comes after command & conquer, not after generals.

So mine looks like this

C:Program FilesEA GamesCommand & Conquer The First DecadeCommand & Conquer Generals

and it works just fine.

Try pasting my line into your directory spot and see if it works.

ok i found the problem. it was a directory problem. joeb you were right. the "" came before Generals and after Command & Conquer. sorry for the most obvious mistake i have ever made and thank you for the help.

koen, maybe a "Browse" button next to the directory input bar to make selection of the directroy easier?

Actually that button has already been coded in the next version of TibEd 2 (and The First Decade detection as well). The thing is, I rewrote about 80% of TibEd 2, and I'm not quite finished yet (read here about the rewrite).

But I am making progress... only need to do the key/value user interface all over again.

No prob Zion, happens to everyone. We all get spoiled by things like the browse button.

Koen

You have been putting in a lot of work for beta 4, an almost complete rewrite.

It is much appreciated though.

One nice feature would be if it could open already modded .big files. So people could edit other peoples mods. Then just have tibed get any missing ini files from the default .big files in generals.

I am not a programmer so I am unsure how hard that would be to do.

It would not be too hard. It's actually almost trivial. Using a BIG extractor to put all mod files into a folder, and then copying them to the TibEd temporary folder in beta 4 (while the project explorer is open) will work. Not so with beta 3 though, this is something new in beta 4 (automatic file discovery, no on-disk caches).