Sign in to follow this  
WFW-PREDATOR

CnC Sole Survivor

Sole Survivor is a horrible game. You really don't want to play it. Besides you'd neeed a server to play with other people and since they're been shut down a long time ago. I don't think you can even play it.

Unless of course Xwis have done something.

As far as I know there's no place to buy it.

Even if you could find a copy of Sole Survivor it will do you no good. Westwood took the severs down for it years ago, and XWIS doesn't support it either.

Trust me, your not missing out on much....

Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor, released in 1997, was a poorly received multiplayer spinoff of the original C&C game. It was a deathmatch-type game in which each player controlled a unit of their own choice and explored the map, picking up crates that increase firepower, armor, speed, and range. Unlike most Command & Conquer games, Sole Survivor did not feature any single player campaigns and lacked a storyline. However, an offline training mode, a feature missing in the original C&C game, was available. Sole Survivor experienced poor sales and reviews due to poor marketing and its limited gameplay.

Dunno, it's a cool game... even though you can only still do SP practice.

Must've been amazing with some 50 people on one server...

Dunno, it's a cool game... even though you can only still do SP practice.

Must've been amazing with some 50 people on one server...

It was...

Cheers for now

although i didn't like the style of the game when i played it on my frends computer way back then. i am in the boat of trying to find it and collect it.

if any one still has it in there original box let me know i will pay fairly for it. :D

Could someone test UnderStorm's LAN patch for C&C95 and RA1 on Sole Survivor? If such a workaround is possible, we could distribute the game files like N3trunn3r did once.

Sole Survivor has no LAN mode, that is impossible. The only possible way to play Sole Survivor online would be to recreate the server functions it needs.

Did any of you notice this topic is over six years old?

The video is interesting though, now I know how the game worked, and it looks pretty boring.

I dunno, I think it'd look different in a multiplayer environment.

That's just the Practice mode though. Multiplay was in teams and all that, with a load of different game modes. Practice mode is like skirmish, with a cheating AI with code to immediately go for all the nearest crates.

Also, the video shows that all crates have different colours. Mine are all brownish (I have the three patchers, dunno if they're official, but they give more obsolete options in the menu like SoleSurvivor.com and show the year 1998 instead of 1997)

Green are healing, steel are 10% save non-boobytrapped crates. All the rest are brown. that's how it normally is. There's also red, which boosts your stats to the ultimate maximum for a while before leaving you completely downgraded and basically cat food. Smart players never grab those :P

Honestly, people dismiss Soul Survivor. But doesn't it completely anticipate DOTA?

Edited by Sonarpulse

Honestly, people dismiss Soul Survivor. But doesn't it completely anticipate DOTA?

Soul Survivor? Never heard of that game :P

Sole Survivor might have been an awesome game if some polishing took place. As it is, it's still a fun timewaster.

I don't understand why there always some interest in Sole Survivor popping up from time to time. Back in the late 1990's, around 1997 to 1999, a majority of the community back then did everything to forget this game. It was a blip on the gaming radar that failed horribly. Its not worth talking about, not then, not today. Hell, its so rubbish that we don't have a Sole Survivor section on CNCNZ.com any more. Used to, but since it was like 1 page with hardly anything on it I decided it was pointless keeping it.

Sole Survivor is still a C&C game. IIRC, it was released only in the US and didn't stay long on the shelves. The rest of the world and newer generations do not know what it was like. Besides, half of the community in 2007 tried to forget TW, same thing with 2008 and RA3 etc.

Also, there's an inactive project of restoring the SS server.

Besides, half of the community in 2007 tried to forget TW, same thing with 2008 and RA3 etc.

Wow that's a bit of a massive generalisation right there. Dare I say an over exaggeration? There was nothing wrong with either game. They were solid titles.

There was nothing wrong with either game. They were solid titles.

Same here. But tell that to a decent number of "fans" that flame them around Youtube, Facebook, deviantART, you name it.

Soul Survivor? Never heard of that game :P

damn it Nyerguds! :D

Edited by Sonarpulse