Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

XBox 360 Set to Launch in NZ & Australia

After 4 long months and a 3 week delay the much talked about and hyped XBox 360 releases on March 23rd. In other words New Zealand and Australia are simply playing catch up with the rest of world. Naturally as an Xbox owner I have saved the necessary cash to purchase a taste of next generation gaming myself, finally I get to join the masses of people from the US and UK who have had their Xbox 360's since November 2005. To us downunder the Xbox 360 is the coolest new toy in town, overseas I would say the novelty factor has worn off, as it will do here in NZ I guess. Does anyone think we well see a future C&C game on the next generation consoles?

And hey look here is another thread for you Sony fanboys to post in and say just how much you hate the Xbox.

I'm actually going to buy a Xbox 360 next week. (Strapped for cash)

To keep me happy while I wait the arrival of the PS3!!!!!!

I've had mine since Jan, I think we'll see command and conquer on the 360, we're getting BFME2!

We'll have to wait for the sales figures of BfME2 for the 360 first ;)

I got my 360, Played a bit of Perfect Dark Zero but the racing in PGR3 is more addictive :wink:

dsc009650ln.jpg

I don't have an HD TV so I'm running in SD, but PGR3 looks awesome anyway!!!

When are they gonna start using this so called HD-DVD? that's what I wanna know. All games my friend has for the 360 are still on standard DVD discs. I'm also quite suprised this system is using 64 MB Memory cards as standard as well!

**Activate Sony Fanboy mode**

Already about 80% of the launch titles for the playstation 3 are confirmed on the new Blu-Ray and Sony is already launching 6 and 8 GB Memory Sticks to prepare for the PS3's huge potential.... although in reality it'll probably just be cheaper to buy a PS3 hard drive with 10 times that space :roll:

It's called blue ray discs :roll: They should contain about 50 gigs or something.

It's called blue ray discs :roll: They should contain about 50 gigs or something.

No blue ray is the disk formate the ps3 will use, the x-box 360 uses HD-dvds.

Yeah but he was asking about when they started using HD-DVD's. Then I answered they're called blue ray discs.

I don't think you've understood what I've written neither the structure of my post.

Yeah but he was asking about when they started using HD-DVD's. Then I answered they're called blue ray discs.

ughh blue ray and hd-dvd are both different disk formats loooky http://www.cnet.com.au/desktops/storage/0,...00.htm?type=pop

Blu Ray discs will beat out the competition. With the amount of suppor they have... Added addition storage capacity... But who knows what the future holds...

Me. ;) And I say go Blu Ray. (And not for the Reason that they're be used in the PS3, easily the soon to be best console of all time... Relativly speaking of course. ;)

GO THE PS3! :D

I am totally with you here Luk3us, but man I hate these format wars. Stupid companies get in the way of these advancements, and it's a real bummer when inferior technology becomes standardized because of these feuds. Remember VHS vs beta? Beta was superior, but VHS won the war. Unfortunately, Blu Ray may end up useless! With a system like the PS3 behind it it's hard to imagine, but you never know...

*dribble*

*garble*

*drool*

*puddle*

Bloody fanboys.

Oh well... I got an Xbox 360 already, but... It's missing the greatest game I've known the entire Xbox family has: Halo... Halo 3 should be released...

*Yadda yadda yadda*