Sign in to follow this  
(ha) crazy

best infantry unit?

my opineon is seal just look at my sig fgs

Seal, desolator, GGI, GI, Initiate, Virus. And the doggie for quick scouting.

Cosmonaught :P Lasers pwn bullets any day (never mind the actual set values of the damage)

Rocketeers are your favourite? :shock:

Those are easily taken out by any air defense.

Cosmonauts are cool because of the laser 8)

Cosmonauts are cool because of the laser 8)

even better when you change the inner and outer color values of hte laser :twisted:

Maybe alter the range and the damage a little and make it available for skirmish :roll:

thats not hard. go into your rules.ini and set its tech level to 3 or sumthin, as opposed to -1. Make surethe prerequisites are valid too.

They're incredibly mobile and can outrun most AA units. Besides, they're excellent sneak units. Come in from back way. Win!

plus, how many people do you know that focus soley on AA in the first 5-10 min ? I've lost to rocketeer rushed B4 (but not from Fenring, if anyone was wondering)

They're incredibly mobile and can outrun most AA units. Besides, they're excellent sneak units. Come in from back way. Win!

Yeah but they suck at destroying a well-armored building, such as a CY.

thats not hard. go into your rules.ini and set its tech level to 3 or sumthin, as opposed to -1. Make surethe prerequisites are valid too.

Dude, I knew that, I wasn't asking BTW :wink:

just making sure :wink:

Rocketeers may not be very talented at killing heavily armored structures, but power plants arent all that well armored, now are they :wink:

neither is the WF. Refinery and barracks yes, but when there's 30 Rocketeers attacking, nothign lasts too long 8)

Rocketeers provide an annoyance as I bring in my Grizzlies, IFVs and Mirages if I'm that high in technology. Probably won't be though.

Besides, the Soviets can mow through Rockie clouds like it's nothing. ~12 Flak Tracks can almost beat tons of them... trust me, 5 AIs SWARMED me with Rockies and I only had 6 Flak Tracks and a Flak Cannon. Plowed through about 40 without losing anything.

And most RA2 players play with allies, cause they like their Battle Fortresses.

And we all know how good patriots arent at killing Rocketeers.

Z and I played on some guys map once where the AI had hundreds of paradrops, and just kept unloading htem all on my position. My human team had maybe 4 seals and probably 6 flak tracks to take them all out.

I mostly use allies because of Prisms, SEALs and satellite uplink.

Rocketeers are annoying indeed... But they're too expensive. You can build one flak track or IFV for EVERY rocketeer.

20 Rocketeers means you could also have just built 15 Grizzlies :roll:

I've personally always liked the GGI-it is great vs tanks and with a little support it can do mass damage vs practically everything...especially when it can garison... :twisted:

Those 20 Rockies could be more devastating if your enemy lacks AA. Many times, they will and you'll have a good chance of winning, especially if you have some Grizzly Tank support... which you should have anyway.

Those 20 Rockies could be more devastating if your enemy lacks AA. Many times, they will and you'll have a good chance of winning, especially if you have some Grizzly Tank support... which you should have anyway.

But 1 flak cannon and a couple of flak troopers can be built very quickly and cheaply...and destroy your assault.

Flak Troopers are easily killed by a bunch of rocketeers. But wthe Flak Cannon will definately work.

Yes,thats the point-they do additional damage and if someone attacks them,they die,instead of the Flak gun... :twisted:

Bring in Harriers for a distraction and to do some damage to the Flak Cannon. Engage those Flak Troopers with Mirage Tanks/Prism Tanks if you're that far in tech.

Or simply use prisms tanks to blow up the whole base :roll:

Nah, I think Boris is the best infantry unit available.

Rockies will own Boris. :P

Besides, each infantry is effective in different situations so there's not really a "best" infantry.