Sign in to follow this  
ra2helpme

ra2 freezing after update

yo peeps, need a lil help. ra2 runs fine blah blah until i install the 1.006 update patch. what happens is as soon as i click on anything to build, the whole game freezes up for about 4 seconds then returns to normal. this also happens in 1 player skirmish mode. without the patch, the game is fine. any suggestions hmmmm? ive reinstalled it, checked service packs, video drivers, direct x blah blah , cheers

Could be a bug in your RA2 folder.There can be a lot of things causing it,so I suggest cleaning up your folder with the clean up program and getting the new version of the patch.

If that doesn't work too,just reinstall the game.

THIS IS THE FIX:

1. UNINSTALL RA2 1.6(Updated)

2. REINSTALL RA2 1.0(Before Updated), Don't sign in to the internet yet.

3. After install exit game. Go into your Westwood folder, Then into your RA2 folder Right Click & copy your Language.mix (1.0 version)Paste to your desktop.

4. Start Game, Then sign on to the internet to get 1.6 update.When finished updating. Exit Game.

5.Go to Westwood then RA2 folder again And Drag your old 1.0 version Language.mix file over to RA2 folder and COPY OVER THE NEW FILE.

6. Close folders START GAME AGAIN AND YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

EVA's voice was making XP with 1.6 version game Lag, Freeze.

THANKS to EA SUPPORT for not solving this problem for me. MAYBE I SHOULD APPLY 4 a job. :shock: