Sign in to follow this  
General Leang

A thought on September 11 conspiracies

We have had a few threads that either tried to show that America was responsible for crashing the planes into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon or had descended into conspiracies of America being behind the attacks. If they were why would they cripple themselves to such a degree? Bringing down the World Trade Centre would have resulted in a financial meltdown, would it not? A strike on the Pentagon would weaken the military when it went to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, right? So if you subscribe to the belief that Bush is so evil that he would kill thousands of innocent people to justify taking oil from a soverign land, why injure itself in such a way? War would have been considered justified had the attacks been on some place or event that holds great importance...the World Series, Superbowl, Stanley Cup, Wrestlemania, ect, or Mount Rushmore, Washington Memorial, Sears Tower or Hollywood? Can you answer that one? I honestly do not see how in this ligjt it could be anything other than terrorists wanting to achieve murder on a scale the likes of which has never been achieved, pave the way for further death and destruction by instigating war between Muslims and the West and attempt to bring the financial world to it's knees.

*Falls in love*

Good one, thats what I believe I said in a couple of those threads.

Guest MadBadger

hrrrmm... guess it falls to me to defend the nut jobs ;)

Bringing down the World Trade Centre would have resulted in a financial meltdown

did it? US stocks still as strong as its always been even more so for military/oil related stock. if anything it did 'cover-up' any shady deals that had happened.

A strike on the Pentagon would weaken the military when it went to invade Afghanistan and Iraq, right?

Well.... the side of the pentagon hit didnt really have any huge significance to the millitay ;)

that Bush is so evil that he would kill thousands of innocent people to justify taking oil from a soverign land

Bush aint that clever himself. Oil Giants are... the Saudis are...

the World Series, Superbowl, Stanley Cup, Wrestlemania, ect, or Mount Rushmore, Washington Memorial, Sears Tower or Hollywood

Do you really think the impact would have been as big as it was if a sign, pillar or a mountain had been hit? would Mont Rushmore have collapsed? Super Bowl or and sport evet may have thousands of people, but to be perfectly honist the rest of the world would take the human impact in but who is going to give a damn about some stadium? WTC and Pentagon are both American buildings that most people in the world will recognise and visit. Tourists go to the WTC/Pentagon because of this, WTC more so because it was such a giant pair of buildings, There is nothing else that could compaire to it.

pave the way for further death and destruction by instigating war between Muslims and the West and attempt to bring the financial world to it's knees.

Look at how the big 'players' will profit from a war.

Millitary R'N'D & Oil firms (no oil = no tanks n planes = no war)

Also look at Dicks Pipeline thru Afghanistan, hes personaly supposed to make something like 2.2 billion dollars out of it himself.

And you cant say that the situation in the middle east is any worse than it was. Sadam wasnt going to stop giving the US oil any second but if some other countries had joined him and stoped sending oil west...... well USA woulda been royaly screwed.

at least now the USA has bought the west some 'breathing' space on oil supply probs ;)

No matter how horrid something seems at first there maybe some truth to it.

Sure the US Goverment might not have trained the hijackers personaly or used fake radio controled planes like some of the extreame idears say but they could have just as easily 'forgoten' the terrorists and 'alowed' them to carry out there attack. There are still Documents o terrorist activity in the US from the months leading up to 9/11 that still havent been released as they could put the US gov in the clear. So some screw up might have happened.

I mean look whats happened. there should have been a 5th plane hijacked and flown into the whitehouse but something 'happened' to the terrorists and they never hijacked there plane..... Whitehouse bit too close to home?

the 4th plane that crashed after being re-taken/shot down where was that heading?

wtf with the bombs on the George Washinton bridge?

why was Bin Ladens family aloud to fly out of the country?

what was with all the non-military & non-civilian flights immediately after 9/11 when all commercial trafic was grounded?

There are tons and tons of unanswered questions about 9/11, as long as they are unanswered people will ask questions and create conspiracies.[/code]

Very well said, sir.

Another point to consider is that, if we did in fact somehow facilitate the attacks in order to give us reason for an invasion of Iraq, and the motive is so clearly oil ("no war for oil," right? :roll:), then why on earth are we paying so damn much for gas?? If that's what took us to war, why hasn't the evil US already sucked the country dry, and why am I not paying a nickel a gallon? We should be on top of the world after an imperialistic conquest like that!! :roll:

Also, America didn't need any more excuse to invade Iraq. After losing the Gulf War, Saddam was supposed to be on a tight leash, but he defiantly disregarded many of the strict resolutions he agreed to. Every one of those offenses was reason enough to forcibly remove the bastard from power. We didn't need to scar the freaking skyline of New York to get it done :roll:

So yes Leang, all these things considered, it makes the conspiracies just look silly. When I consider things like this, I like to think of it through the context of a James Bond villain. In that ridiculous (albeit entertaining :wink:) universe, a supervillain, in order to go from point A to point B, will go through this unbelievably complex and unnecessary master plan. It makes for some fun stories, sure, but in real life, things just operate much more simply. If we truly wanted Iraq's oil that badly, we would have claimed that we were enforcing the UN treaties and done so. It was within our power BACK THEN!

Maybe a James Bond villain would make 3 planes full of people "disappear," fly cruise missiles into the Pentagon and World Trade Center, fake news footage to cover their tracks, rig the World Trade Center with explosives to make sure they collapse dramatically, go to war with Afghanistan for a little while (ostensibly for revenge), fake sketchy evidence of WMDs to the UN, invade Iraq without their permission, and only then, YEARS later, reach their final goal of stealing some oil and doing some buddies a business favor. WOW. This may make a good B summer movie, but for the love of... can anyone with half a brain actually think real life works this way? Ugh. You conspiracy theororists are so incredibly ridiculous.

You conspiracy theororists are so incredibly ridiculous.

Those seven words sum up everything in a nice little parcel, complete with a blue bow and a card. :D

Guest MadBadger
why am I not paying a nickel a gallon?

Just How are the oil companys ment to make money if its a nickle a gallon?

We didn't need to scar the freaking skyline of New York to get it done

Would you really have gone along with a semingly 'unprovoked' war against some fella in the middle east? didnt even you feel like going and killing sadam yourself when the links tho 9/11 were droped? its all phsycological' date=' 9/11 brought the whole country together behind the president didnt it. If eveidence had emerged that france was behind it, all of america would be baying for the blood of the french.

If we truly wanted Iraq's oil that badly, we would have claimed that we were enforcing the UN treaties and done so. It was within our power BACK THEN!

If you can remember after 9/11 we tryed going in with the UNs backing....... and the same would have happened without 9/11..... we were refused. major countrys like France are yellow and want as little to do with conflict as posible.

then you started going on about some far feached conspiricy that i have never shown any interest in. Ive mearly said the US goverment 'alowed' the attacks to occur..... they may have organised it or just stumbled upon it and 'molded' it into what they desired. all this Cruise misslie stuff is way too OTT where they launch it from? where they get them from? how the hell are the planes in the film footage of the WTC?

The idear of the US goverment 'alowing' a terrorist attack to continue is way more feasable than the US goverment seting the whole thing up from scratch.

MadBadger, when my parents were kids gas was cheap, and they still made huge profits.

Just throwing something out there.

Guest MadBadger

If you hadent realised in 20 Yrs Oil compays have grown in size..... more people wanting more money ;) cant get more money charging the same old prices.

also high wages 20yrs ago are nothing compaired to the bonuses the oil giants are geting now. Look at all the rusian Arisocrats who sold there oil off to the highest bidder ;) theyre all billionaires.

Madbadger, ugh... why do you even bother responding to these things? :roll:

I was NOT arguing for that ridiculous conspiracy theory. That was sarcasm dude... very obvious, very blunt sarcasm. Holy cow.

Also, if you belive that the US actually ALLOWED the terrorists to attack us in such a way, then you are an idiot. Plain and simple. That conspiracy theory is just as bad as the one I told, because it's essentially the same.

And badger... I think that the oil companies were doing just fine before the invasion. Also, if oil was in fact the motive, then why the hell aren't we stealing it already?? This hasn't happened, and we've been in for years! What an ill-fated conspiracy! :roll:

My point is that NO ONE is benefitting financially from this thing (not substantially- don't even try Haliburton on me :roll:), and therefore any giant conspiracy theories- like the idiotic one you believe- are not in ANY WAY reasonable. Not that that would some from believing though... :roll:

So, just let me ask. Bush is not smart enough to plan September 11, the oil companies are. So it is the oil companies that had the flights hijacked and then flew them into the Trade Centre?

Kerry got a nipple ring, what did Bush get?

I think someone somewhere realised that something like this was due to the US, and how much of a stir it would cause. Look at us. 5 Years later, and people still arguing about what happened.

I still think there are more major attacks in the making. I believe we have severly hampered their efforts with our actions in the Middle East, but every year when the Pro-Life March comes around, I always think "is this one it?"

Several million people crowded in to the US capital with military and police guards everywhere.

One suitcase Nuke, and you've got 2 million dead, a firestorm engulfing the capitol, light radtion clouds, huge international uproar, internatl turmoil, and that would be the third Nuclear attack ever. Scary.

He got a Dick Chenney :lol: :wink:

Guest MadBadger

Stealing the oil would rub too amny people up the wrong way.

Who ever caused 9/11 would have been the same people who killled Senator Wellstone. He was like the only US senator who activly wanted peace, help the enviroment, labour and health care.

The people responsible are in the pockets of oil companys who make billions of dollars from the oil.

The millitary is using huge amounts of oil each day giving the oil companys money.

im sorry you have to mention Haliburton, they are being payed to rebuild Iraq.

Weapons manufactures are making a fortune..... come on someone has to build the cruise missiles, bombs, bullets hell even the soldiers socks!

Alowing a terrortist attack to occur and causing a terrorist attack are two very different things. if the attack was alowed you can always fall back on the lie that they didnt know it was happening. but if they planed it...... well.... thats a whole lot worse..... your own goverment deliberatly and in cold blood killing off its people for money.

But what if threat was not carried out? What if the hijackers were snapped up, or the Washington plane was flown into the White House? That would have ****ed up the plans.

No, wait I have it: Bush was placed out of harm by going to that school. Whatever the hijackers did he would be safe.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No, in all seriousness if terrorists wanted to eliminate Bush, and by all indications they do, they why not try at the school? Would they know about it? He would be a lot easier to kill there than at the White House.

Guest MadBadger
No, in all seriousness if terrorists wanted to eliminate Bush, and by all indications they do, they why not try at the school? Would they know about it? He would be a lot easier to kill there than at the White House.

you forget the small army that acompanys POTUS everywhere he goes ;) the teachers, kids and kids parents will all have had to be checked. Everyone arriving at the school would be frisked/metal detector..... trust me killin Bush would be no easy feat. Even in that school room with the cameras im betting theres a squad of Secret Service just off camera.

and how hard would it have been to have a suicide bomber or 6 drive up to the school (or better yet, on motobikes) and blow it up?

Granted, it probably woulndt have worked, but there wasnt even an effort to kill him there.

Despite appearances, the president is not all powerful. We just like to think of him as that :D He can be killed, and it surprises me that no one has tried (ok, actually made an effort worthy of notice) since Reagan was shot what, 20 years ago ?

Jesus H Christ.

9-11 did happen.

Those people did die.

Our government did not do this to us.

You disgrace all those who died when you talk about this horrible act, and pretend it was something else.

When 9-11 happened I was in the service... and scared out of my mind.

Pardon my ignorance, but who exactly are your comments dirrected at Shah? (for clarrity's sake)

I remember when it happened. It never really sank in until months later when the wars started.

Jesus H Christ.

9-11 did happen.

Those people did die.

Our government did not do this to us.

You disgrace all those who died when you talk about this horrible act, and pretend it was something else.

When 9-11 happened I was in the service... and scared out of my mind.

:clap: Well said sir!

(well, aside from taking the Lord's name in vain.... but we'll let that slide for now)

That bottom bit for those who never read it:

(well, aside from taking the Lord's name in vain.... but we'll let that slide for now)

Come on, everyone reads those things :roll:

Everyone :rockbrow:

You cant make me :P :wink:

Well said Shah, and Bware. Now answer the question 8)

Sniper + Tower + Bush Speech = Dead

They don't want to though, if they kill our president, it will get us pissed, even the people who want him out of office, most don't want him dead.

If they kill our president, and someone else (new elect) pulls our troops, then the terrorists fail, because they cannot attack us here in the same manner they do over there. Granted, they could pull another 9/11, but thats much harder to do the second time around.