Sign in to follow this  
TheBlackOut

Command & Conquer 3 is Coming!

You know, this belongs in the Future C&C section :wink:

*Ahem*

I can confirm that this is not a hoax or joke or whatever. This is the next Command & Conquer game, and information I have leads me to believe it will indeed by a Tiberian universe game."

YEEEEHAAAAW!!!!!

:D :D :D

This is a great day indeed. Man I can't wait to see that article.

Oh... and TSBO, WTF is up with that wiki article? :?

EDIT: Is it not awesome that EA is calling it C&C 3? I guess Generals just didn't count to them either :D

i dont believe it.... :P

no really i DONT believe it

HOLY CRAP WHAT IF ITS TRUE!?

C&C3 would be a dumb name. :P Especially considering there are 7 of them already. Heheh that's just gotta be the development name.

This better be (a very good) Tiberian Twilight. & it would be nice if they went with the fan created name of TT.

Which is more marketable- C&C 3 a simple, catchy, a name the public knows, or Tiberian Twilight, an admittedly odd name that is essentially an esoteric reference, a nod to a statistically small community? Which one do you think would sell better? Which do you think EA would go with? :wink:

Either way... THEY'RE MAKING TIBERIAN TWILIGHT!!! YES YES YES!!!!

Seriously, I've waited years for this day. :D

havent we all :P

i WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT IT AAAAAAHHH

anyone got the goods?

About damm time. Now lets hope they dont screw it up.

EDIT: Is it not awesome that EA is calling it C&C 3? I guess Generals just didn't count to them either

Well EA never really could count. Battlefield 2 was the 3rd in the series.

You know what, now this is out in the open, I don't feel as bad keeping it from ya. Yes I knew about 2 months ago :wink:

So that's why I'm not doing w00t and all that cos if you listened to the amount of clues gives, and already had the TFD Poster, you would have realised that the poster was indeed concept art for the new C&C. All falls into place now doesn't it :P

to judge from that pik.......looks not much like i'd expect.....wheres the tiberium and all that dark stuff?

O MAN IS THERE A CRAZY PLOT TWIST? maybe we colonized another planet

yeah iv seen that. we were talking about it on the Planetcnc IRC channel. Chances are it could be just placeholder art or even something different. The imge is blurry and the USA generals logo looks the closest but the allied logo from RA2 has the same shape. All the 'Good' factions throughout the series had birds as their logo so it could just be a new logo.

What worries me slightly is that the tank featured in some of the pics i have seen (was a little blurry, cant get the mag here so pics were from camera) dont look like a post TS type of tank. The part that worries me that they have messed around with the timeline so they could fit generals in. It looks like it could be to Generals what TS was to TD.

Once again i cant get hold of the article so that might answer some of my questions

EDIT: they were the same pics from that link

The part that worries me that they have messed around with the timeline so they could fit generals in

O GOSH NO! :evil:

You know what, now this is out in the open, I don't feel as bad keeping it from ya. Yes I knew about 2 months ago :wink:

If I were to strangle you to death? Would it not be justified? Would it not be justified!!!

Meh. :P

you can get a pdf version of it?

O MAN IS THERE A CRAZY PLOT TWIST? maybe we colonized another planet

hahah... :haha:... But seriously, I would hunt them all and kill them slowly... :evil:

So I was doing my daily visit to Planet CnC knowing that something was going to happen because of that "coming soon" on their potd and today I found out about it.

Better find some better hardware.

Well I got all the early details and some pics up on CNCNZ.com....

The main news: http://www.cncnz.com/news/view.php?Action=Full&NewsID=75

Some scans: http://www.cncnz.com/news/view.php?Action=Full&NewsID=76

I'm not shocked at this news, C&C King has dropped few hints to me over the past couple of months so I basically new what was coming, but it sure is damn good to have some official source for a change, and it was even better to finally post the news on the main page.

As for the name issue, if its releases as Command & Conquer 3 so be it, but I think some type of "sub-name" will be added eventually. Perhaps even the Twilight name will be used, you can see it in this scan....

scan2.jpg

Anyone want to take stab at a release date? No idea how far C&C3 is into development but my guess would be a December/Christmas 2006 release at the earliest. Maybe even a year from now.

And now to the community side of things. I can see a big influx of new poeple and sites opening or old sites returning from the dead. All the people who shut down their sites and left the community due to Generals being boring and EA giving us nothing will probably all return and start kissing EA ass say how great they are for making C&C3.

You know, this belongs in the Future C&C section :wink:

No the new C&C forum would be much better ;)

http://forums.cncnz.com/viewforum.php?f=47

Awesome! I believe the release is coming soon, I mean come on! They've had forever to do this!

Too bad they're using the "new" CnC logo as oposed to the pre-Generals original...

You... BASTARD!!! :angry::P

:D :D :D :D :D

Awesome! I believe the release is coming soon, I mean come on! They've had forever to do this!

Yeah, I'm guessing (and hoping) at Christmas 2006.

Too bad they're using the "new" CnC logo as oposed to the pre-Generals original...

Agreed, it doesn't look like the "original" C&C-logo.