Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

The C&C3 Logo & Concept Art

As posted on the main page with the press release.....

The new C&C3 logo:

concept2s.jpg

Concept art (big image this one):

concept1s.jpg

I think the new logo is ok, the C&C text could be better though.

Football pads... what's up with that? They're kinda starting to scare me...

Also, what's with the idea of the Tiberium infested zones becoming dead wastelands? Tiberium is supposed to mutate it into something alien... not just kill the landscape. It looks like they'll be switching focus away from the whole mutation aspect :(

As I posted in the News comments:

2 problems with that Concept art

1) Tiberium Doesn't grow on trees, the trees get mutated into more Organic type living plants and they spray gas. And the fauna in the area, they also become somewhat organic themselves. Here we see a standard tree with crystals.

2) Tiberium On the ground is inconsistant with other C&C's as well. The crystals came out of a wooden bulb type trunk. This Tiberium however comes out the ground. There also seems to be very little gas vapour coming from this Tiberium considering it is spread all over the picture.

If they can make these simple mistakes at concept stages, hell knows it'll be like at game level.

The only thing I can think of is that they are in a Blue Zone. They've obviously found a way to kill Tiberium using the information from the tacitus and what is left is the solid crystals. Still doesn't explain the crystals on the trees, unless this is what a mutated tree's sap creates before returning to normal.

But with all these dead crystals, I wonder if you can make lightsabers outta them? Cool, Darth Kaneous Vs Obi Wan Solomani :P

Cool, Darth Kaneous Vs Obi Wan Soloman

Hooooly cow king :roll: :haha:

Guest MadBadger

...... Any one noticed the Big suits? Radiation suits?........ TB kills by emiting high levels of radiation (read the mag..... theres a science bit about TB makes ok sense ;) )

anyhow.... V :D

Those guys have their heads out in the open :/

They should be dead/become viceriods :/

Guest MadBadger

good point.... :lol:

Also... TIBERIUM ISN'T RADIOACTIVE. It's far deeper than that... it's all chemical and biological That's a real copout.

Man, I really hope they don't change the whole concept of Tiberium on us. That would suck. It's supposed to be a living, crystalline thing that is slowly mutating the world... not a bunch of radioactive crystals that pointlessly clog the landscape :roll:

It seems like they may be taking the depth and mystery out of it :(

I spoke with Aaron about this issue, he says that it is just concept art, they know what they are doing and not to read too much into this one image.... There's one hell of a ride still to come! :wink:

Guest MadBadger
Also... TIBERIUM ISN'T RADIOACTIVE. It's far deeper than that... it's all chemical and biological That's a real copout.

Man, I really hope they don't change the whole concept of Tiberium on us. That would suck. It's supposed to be a living, crystalline thing that is slowly mutating the world... not a bunch of radioactive crystals that pointlessly clog the landscape :roll:

It seems like they may be taking the depth and mystery out of it :(

I reconed TB was some kind of nano bot or Crystalline bacteria.

Thou what is said kinda makes sense...... mind you.... Tacitus :twisted:

I spoke with Aaron about this issue, he says that it is just concept art, they know what they are doing and not to read too much into this one image.... There's one hell of a ride still to come! :wink:

Who at EA are you sleeping with King?! =D

You always have the inside knowledge - knew about C&C3 before us poor chumps too didnt you?

Who at EA are you sleeping with King?! =D

You always have the inside knowledge - knew about C&C3 before us poor chumps too didnt you?

It's just Aaron Kaufman (APOC) the community manager. He is only an e-mail away to the Webmasters :wink:

As for C&C King knowing about this before others, CNCNZ.com was invited to EALA last year for the community summit, King went on the trip representing us.

As for C&C King knowing about this before others, CNCNZ.com was invited to EALA last year for the community summit, King went on the trip representing us.

Man, thats pretty freakin' sweet. Was the summit for EA / C&C / BFME community ?

Primarily for the BfME community, but he invited certain members of the C&C, Rise of Nations and even a member of the Starcraft communities to take a look. The latter 2 also ran BfME sites as a side project like we do with Empire at War. So that's how they got to go.

Yeah saw that one too. Could be a bit painful

:lol:

That is pretty funny... and scary

It makes me laugh, I could be dropping blatent facts and hints about this game and people will not pick it up. :P

King, dude... it may seem obvious to you, but you may just really really suck at "dropping hints" :wink: :P

Yes, that is MUCH better. The helmet is a little funky, but no complaints here. It IS the Tiberian universe, after all. Also, do you notice the raised box under his skin on his right arm? That's interesting...