Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

A Case of to Much Information

Every time a new C&C game gets announced we go through the same process. Basically we want to find out as much as possible. Now we really haven't been given that much info about C&C3 but how much do you want?

Do you want to know everything and then be totally let down on release day because the game could get over hyped?

This is what happened to Tiberian Sun back in 1998/1999. There was so much info about the storyline, game features etc, that once the game finally arrived there many disappointed fans (not me TS was great). But really when you think about TS was simply over exposed, over hyped. Westwood knew it to, they felt the pressure to deliver a revolutionary RTS. TS was a great game but it was far from revolutionary.

The same thing happened to Renegade in 2002, not so much with RA2 though. And Generals was uncharted territory since it was the traditional C&C.

So with C&C3 now a reality how much is too much in terms information?

If EA are clever they will market the game without giving away its vital secrets

[Edit: Fixed to make BWare happy]

I totally agree. I loved TS, but I sure did miss certain things (dropship loadouts before each mission spring to mind), which were caused by the community knowing too much.

I'd like to get a general feel for the game, but not to overally specific. Its really lame when you know everything about a game (or anything simliar, like a movie or book) before you even get it, it kinda kills the atmosphere that way. :(

Luckily for me, I wasn't really into the community when the first three games came around all those years ago. I had pretty much no idea of what to expect when I first played them. Of course, they are my three favourites.

Edit: In case you were wondering, Sole Survivor is excluded. :lol:

That is a very good point Sonic. I think you have something there. As much as we hate being left in the dark, you're right in that EA shouldn't build up the game TOO much in our minds before its release :wink:

Yeah while i was a big fan back then i wasnt really into the community side of things or researching upcomming games. Its more interesting when it does come out that way.

Sonic, I really don't mean to be a pain about spelling and all that, but seriously... the word "too," as in "too much information," REALLY needs two O's.

Can't be bothered with the funny image, but man, grammar Nazi.

That is a very good point Sonic. I think you have something there. As much as we hate being left in the dark, you're right in that EA shouldn't build up the game TOO much in our minds before its release :wink:

Didn't your teachers teach you to end with fullstops (US = periods?) to stop your sentences running away? Haha, Im just ****tin' ya.

Haha, gammyleg, emoticons ARE my periods (fullstops) :wink:

(see? :lol:)

Haha, Im just ****tin' ya.

where's your inverted comma??

Basically all I think they should do is say the release date and release 1-2 minute trailers every 2-3 weeks. The tailors don't have to be from the game, but follow it sort of. (Maybe what happens to the Earth before we jump in the game, you know like "This is whats happened before you came" thing.)

Basically all I think they should do is say the release date and release 1-2 minute trailers every 2-3 weeks.
:shock:

Sort of like a developer's diary set up? Meh. I want details. :P

Yeah they had a developers diary for Empire Earth 2 and it worked good. Gave alot of info but didnt reveal too much

Basically all I think they should do is say the release date and release 1-2 minute trailers every 2-3 weeks.
:shock:

Whats so shocking?

The building of hype, while being critical, is also the potential downfall of the game. If its going to be anything like a sucess, we need to fed enough to want more, but not so much that when its released, we're left feeling hungry.

There is no way EA will release a new trailer every 2-3 weeks.

...how long do you think before they do release a trailer?

:lol:

just pulling your leg...

oopss...

here, take it back...

Trailer/s will prolly start doin the rounds once they've shown the game at E3.

Maybe during E3 or just after it.

Maybe during E3 or just after it.

Gah, can't wait!

Meh, what we need is someone in the industry to go to E3 and ask a whole lot of questions and take lots of pictures and such... Alas... :(