Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

C&C3 - New Units & Structures

With the success of CNC Den asking what's most needed for a successful C&C, I have come up with something else to help EA take note of. We all want theObelisk of Light, Con Yards, and Refineries back. But what about new units and structures? Now is the chance to get your brains into gear and come up with innovative ideas that could be used in game. These units and structures should remain true to the Tiberian Universe. So don't go doing a variation on the chronosphere, cos it just doesn't fit with the universe. However, a 7ft heavily armoured Tiberium mutated monster, carrying duel miniguns which fire Tiberian Shards is a cool idea!

If ya want draw some concepts as well and put them up here, go ahead, it's a chance to have some fun! So come on, knock yourselves out people, tell us or even draw us your unit or structure and explain what it does. Maybe EA will take on board something that appears exceptional.

Its something I still want to see properly in a C&C, mines!

Mines that you actually lay, not the Generals red blobs.

Object that engineers or mine layers/trucks can lay one by one, AT or otherwise, forcing a lot more tactics in the game.

Like in RA?

Mines would be nice, but an automated process. I get bored moving from spot to spot. Ugh..

Units?

Gotta config the carryall to be like that of Emperor, where it picked up the harvester and took it to the field and back to the refinery. :) They're cool. :P

I thought mines (except for the look of red glowing blobs) were implemented really well in Generals. Laying down an entire minefield is so much better than micromanaging one or more minelayers to do it one at a time.

Id like to see APCs be created with troops already inside them.

Also, when infantry are selected as a squad, they should move the same speed.

As you can see, thats the one thing I dont like in alot of RTSs, too much micromanagement.

I personally thought the Generals mines were a lot better than the RA ones. Moving and reloading that mine layer was bloody annoying. Somethign that combined the mass of mines with the ability to 'lay' them would be good middle ground though.

I would like to see the return of the wonderful Cyborg Commando. Nothing seemed to fill me with a bigger sense of enjoyment than seeing a load of Titans suddenyl change course at the sight of one little man.

Following on from the mine idea, something like a vehicle or trooper that can lay an auto-mine laying product, for want of a better word.. eg, the vehicle/person can deploy a case that spreads the mines out of a distance to create a miny minefield.. if anyone has played the newish starship troopers game you might have some understanding of what i mean.

A battle chinook sort of like Generals. I hate in TD when you tried to get troops in a base with a chinook... Can't defend worth crap til out... And somehow there is usually a flamethrower waiting! :haha:

But I don't want to be like it can take a whole base out and crap, just it can carry 10 troops but only 4 get to shoot out of it.

Lets be a tad more inovative here folks.

Mobile bases were mentioned, even though they said its for the third side, why not have mobile warfactories, barracks, maybe even a mobil ion cannon uplink? No fair charging hte cannon while its moving, obviously.

Armed harvesters. Face it, we all loved seeing War Miners wade into a Yuri controlled ore field and shred his little slaves. And once war miners were elite, they had a friggin cannon. Cool no?

Unique harvesters. Subterranean for Nod, Hover for GDI, ect ect

AIR TO AIR COMBAT

Comandos with bombs, knives, and some kind of ranged weapon.

Some of BWare's creatures from The Silo

Earthquakes

Component towers were nice, but hell as annoying to try and build and then build and place deffenses.

EA said there will not be crazy tech such as Banshees and cyborgs and disruptors for Nod or GDI, they said thats for the 3rd side....WTF??? Everyone loves a nice bunch of 30 Disruptors at your side. Am I right? (say yess, O great one)

Mutants that can mutate your/enemy troops into more mutants. Or just kill them.

FIRE!! and lots of it. Weapons, creatures, volcanoes, ect.

Personally, I like the idea of a mine laying unit. But instead of it laying a single mine or a random cluster, have it so once you select the mine layer and use its "mine laying" option, you can then scroll out a square or oblong (simular to selecting a group of units) then let go of the click and it will lay mines out in that shape. Of course tweaking that idea will require innovation.

If you need any form of referrence to what I mean, in Homeworld (the original first game) there is a minelayer corvette which follows what I mean.

Most of the ideas I want to see came from a very old and now very dead site that had alot of brilliant ideas. The old "freewebs" tiberian twilight site which (I think) was ideas and concepts of a mod for generals.

It had such ideas as G.D.I having a MCV that could be upgraded when deployed to have armor walls around it, and had 6 defence upgrade spots where you could garrison the new Titans or anti-air defense.

Had "construction drones" that were used to build with. Not in a sense like generals at all. You selected what you wanted to build the same way as an MCV works but you could deploy it straight away. Once you deployed it in a selected spot, the construction drones would go out from inside the MCV and start to build it, simular to how termites work, slowly grabbing the pieces from the MCV and taking it to the site. Would look awesome, just it would take time and tweaking to get it right.

G.D.I structures were heavily armored with metres of steel and concrete which is meant to resist most assults and more important, the weather.

Nod would all be based underground, but their MCV follows the same suit, except they don't build optop of the ground, they build an entire base underground throughout their network of tunnels.

Nod base defense would spring up from certain "Trap Doors" that you place on the surface, the trap doors would be clearly visible as giant flat doors, a good example is the old style SAM site.

Nods vehicles and troops come to the surface through medium/giant elevators. Same with their nuclear missiles or whichever super weapon you would want to use.

Destroying Nod structures underground would be as simple as blasting open their respective elevator and blasting down the shaft and blowing the heck out of it. All Nod structures have elevators for supplies and personale.

Another thing was, infantry who only had machine-gun type weapons couldn't simply just keep shooting a building till it exploded. They have to actually go inside buildings and fight/kill the troops already in the structures.

Which brings up another idea I remember, all structures were garrisonable. Once inside and all troops of the defending team were dead, you could keep the building as a garrisoned defense or select it and click "destroy". Your troops would evac and the building goes pop.

Nod structures would have small "bunker" type upgrades for their elevators which troops can haul into.

G.D.I also lost the space based Ion Cannon due to Scrin invasion. But they had a Land based Ion Cannon. Once fully charged, it had 3 firing modes.

1) It extends its cannon to an external position and fires a huge ball of Ion energy simular to the E.M.P cannon. Causing a massive Ion shockwave explosion onto the base. Best agains't Nod because it soaks through the earth and does massive amounts of spread damage.

2) Fires a number of smaller self-destructive Ion shots into the atmosphere which causes a mass Ion Storm over a selected area. Shutting down equipment much like E.M.P does for a period of time and causes Ion lightning strikes also for that period.

3) Launches a small rocket into high orbit, then extends its cannon and charges maximum amount of energy, the rocket unfolds into a large energy-reflective mirror. The Ion Cannon fires a single large beam of energy at the mirror which reflects down at the surface. Destroying the mirror in the process but is perfect for destroying Nod structures.

There was alot more ideas as well, I don't remember them all but the feeling I got when thinking over the ideas and looking at the pictures and such was "OMFG I WANT TO PLAY THIS!!". It was just that damn good.

Personally, I like the idea of a mine laying unit. But instead of it laying a single mine or a random cluster, have it so once you select the mine layer and use its "mine laying" option, you can then scroll out a square or oblong (simular to selecting a group of units) then let go of the click and it will lay mines out in that shape. Of course tweaking that idea will require innovation.

If you need any form of referrence to what I mean, in Homeworld (the original first game) there is a minelayer corvette which follows what I mean.

Most of the ideas I want to see came from a very old and now very dead site that had alot of brilliant ideas. The old "freewebs" tiberian twilight site which (I think) was ideas and concepts of a mod for generals.

It had such ideas as G.D.I having a MCV that could be upgraded when deployed to have armor walls around it, and had 6 defence upgrade spots where you could garrison the new Titans or anti-air defense.

Had "construction drones" that were used to build with. Not in a sense like generals at all. You selected what you wanted to build the same way as an MCV works but you could deploy it straight away. Once you deployed it in a selected spot, the construction drones would go out from inside the MCV and start to build it, simular to how termites work, slowly grabbing the pieces from the MCV and taking it to the site. Would look awesome, just it would take time and tweaking to get it right.

G.D.I structures were heavily armored with metres of steel and concrete which is meant to resist most assults and more important, the weather.

Nod would all be based underground, but their MCV follows the same suit, except they don't build optop of the ground, they build an entire base underground throughout their network of tunnels.

Nod base defense would spring up from certain "Trap Doors" that you place on the surface, the trap doors would be clearly visible as giant flat doors, a good example is the old style SAM site.

Nods vehicles and troops come to the surface through medium/giant elevators. Same with their nuclear missiles or whichever super weapon you would want to use.

Destroying Nod structures underground would be as simple as blasting open their respective elevator and blasting down the shaft and blowing the heck out of it. All Nod structures have elevators for supplies and personale.

Another thing was, infantry who only had machine-gun type weapons couldn't simply just keep shooting a building till it exploded. They have to actually go inside buildings and fight/kill the troops already in the structures.

Which brings up another idea I remember, all structures were garrisonable. Once inside and all troops of the defending team were dead, you could keep the building as a garrisoned defense or select it and click "destroy". Your troops would evac and the building goes pop.

Nod structures would have small "bunker" type upgrades for their elevators which troops can haul into.

G.D.I also lost the space based Ion Cannon due to Scrin invasion. But they had a Land based Ion Cannon. Once fully charged, it had 3 firing modes.

1) It extends its cannon to an external position and fires a huge ball of Ion energy simular to the E.M.P cannon. Causing a massive Ion shockwave explosion onto the base. Best agains't Nod because it soaks through the earth and does massive amounts of spread damage.

2) Fires a number of smaller self-destructive Ion shots into the atmosphere which causes a mass Ion Storm over a selected area. Shutting down equipment much like E.M.P does for a period of time and causes Ion lightning strikes also for that period.

3) Launches a small rocket into high orbit, then extends its cannon and charges maximum amount of energy, the rocket unfolds into a large energy-reflective mirror. The Ion Cannon fires a single large beam of energy at the mirror which reflects down at the surface. Destroying the mirror in the process but is perfect for destroying Nod structures.

There was alot more ideas as well, I don't remember them all but the feeling I got when thinking over the ideas and looking at the pictures and such was "OMFG I WANT TO PLAY THIS!!". It was just that damn good.

.... What? :lol: :?

A whole load of BS, if you ask me :roll:

I definately hate the fact that they wanna skip subterrain/cyborg/banshee stuff. I mean come on, how am I gonna pwn GDI now? My only option now is the mysterious NOD mech...

I hope they keep the good old EMP cannon thing. Those were brillant for killing tank rushes... ;)

I hope they keep the good old EMP cannon thing. Those were brillant for killing tank rushes... ;)

Nooooooo!!!! Nothing worse than your tank rush completely annihilated by one single EMP cannon!!!

Are you kidding? There is nothing like smashing fancy distrutors and Mammoth Mk2's with disc throwers.. :P:D

There's nothing like throwing an Ion Cannon at that thing, that is.

Not if you have three. :P

I hope they don't have the hunter seeker droid brought foward too. Those things were horrible. They were of course only ever useful when you were down to nothing. And then along it would fly and knock out you're last refinery or whatever.... Those things.... Argh.... :evil: Of course when you wanted them to be useful, they'd go blow up a tree or something useless... Bah... :evil:

Mah, those things were quite useful. The random thing is good. One thing that DID annoy the hell outta me is that a Cyborg Commando could kill a Ghost Stalker in one shot :x

Running them over was 10 times more fun. :P

And running over a Tiberian Fiend :? :D

Man, I love the sound of fresh splashing infantry in the mownin' :wink:

It did take 3 shots for a commando to kill a Titan though. That could get annoying pretty fast.

Reapers > all

Talk about fear. Fear = facing a reaper rush. Unless you have en EMP cannon, of course :wink:

Yeah, but one negative thing, don't put reapers near each other, they will hardly hit a target, except themselves :lol:

Though, Cyborg Reaper is as good as indestructible, especially when near Tiberium...

Reapers and cyborg's in tiberian fields kick huge ass. :P

Reapers seriously heal in a matter of seconds.... They're dead annoying, if you're playing against Nod (or Cabal in campaign)....

The only true weapon against them is bombers, disruptors and the MKII. Oh yeah, and Titan Rush.

Hm... Old mechs will rock... I suppose that mines will... But I got irritated when I used them in RA1... :?