Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

C&C3 - New Units & Structures

The mines in RA were good for "limted resource" missions. Other than that, I spend my money on APCs, Medium Tanks, and Heavy Tanks.

TS-Diskthrowers were the way to go, until the reaper was invented. I hate facing horded of htem. they may hit each other a lot, but blow up an refinery or 2, and they are unstopable. Healed like lighting, moved as fast as buggies, armed to the teeth and beyond. One weakness= EMP.

I want to see a few dedicated support units and buildings thrown into the mix. My memory of Tiberian Sun is a bit fuzzy now, but IIRC, Westwood were planning a 'Threat Assessment' building that would enhance your units' coordination and tactics when built. It never made it into the final game--it was probably too hard to implement--but I've always thought it was a cool idea.

Things like a futuristic AWACS aircraft would be nice as well. It could fly high above the battlefield (but be vulnerable to AA fire, of course) and relay tactical information to your units and/or the minimap.

Of course, you don't want to go overboard with units like these; obviously a large part of the fun of C&C is the arcade-style battles. But one or two for each side would fit in quite nicely :)

Actually, that threat assesment node is still in the ini, but Im not sure how well it actually works. But yes, I agree, it was a good idea. Perhaps EA will take some of these older ideas and use them.

lets hope that TD+TS=T'Wars' (the right sequel)

Girls Rok btw 8)

Nothing beats any rush better then a nuke

Thierry, nice to see you comenting, but uh.....wrong thread maybe? :?

TD-TS-TW. and i do hope they change the name to something a little more exciting. Tiberium Wars. Wow.

Tiberian Twilight

Tiberian Eclipse

Tiberian Apocalypse

ect ect. There are a million better names than Tiberium Wars.

Then again, I am jsut nitpicking here. Im thrilled about the game.

yea tiberium wars doesnt sound right..

the tiberium wars started with TD...right?

Tiberian Twilight

Tiberian Eclipse

Tiberian Apocalypse

If EA would release them in that order, it would be perfect :D

Tiberian Apocalypse :twisted: Man, i love that one.

Hehe, those would be cool titles. I pulled them from my memory way back when C&C3 was a hot topic. Well, before EA ever released BfME even.

Keeps thing sounding slighty cooler and more original than Tiberium Wars I mean, no duh its a Tiberium War. But, you can only complain so much. Now for a new comp.....

I agree... I mean, this is the 3rd Tiberium War in the C&C universe, right? Anyway, I think the 3rd side will be The Forgotten, maybe because they became alot plentier, considering that Tiberium is almost everywhere... Also, it was hinted that the 3rd side can merge units, right, so probably they're semi-Tiberium-based, all the more supporting my theory of The Forgotten... But the idea is pretty unoriginal... Since Ground Control 2's alien side can merge it's units... :roll:

I forget what thread I posted it in, but I had this amazing idea about the storyline and the third side....

Y'all see it soon enough anyway :wink:

I like the idea of garrisoning troops, but like it is in generals NOT RA2! I would like to see GDI with some sort of aircraft superweapon, like the airstrike in TD. Something the series has always needed, NAVY! A navy would really be nice and it would have to be really innovative because of the setting. GDI should have more mechs. That went really well in TS. Nod should have an extra money maker similar to the Ore Purifier in RA2. It would be called something like the Tiberium Processing Plant or Advanced Refinery. And speaking of Advanced Refineries, Nod should have a superior harvester to that of GDI. It makes sense when you think about it because Nod focuses on Tiberium warfare. Nod's infantry should be mostly cyborgs and Tiberium mutants. Nod's superweapons should consist of lasers and Tiberium/chemicals. My idea of a laser based superweapon would be similar to the EMP cannon. A cannon like the EMP cannon turret would fire a highly charged sphere of laser particles. It would be hurled across the map and explode violently. The explosion would have laser rays shooting out in all directions, like the Particle Cannon from Generals looks like when it is destroyed. GDI should have a Mammoth Mark III, just to continue the tradition. But this time it should have a mini ion cannon attatchment to ensure that is the strongest unit. There should be an elite aircraft for either faction (but not both), just like the Mammoth is the elite ground vehicle. There should be moon bases considering the scrin will probably be in the game. GDI could have a Grand Cannon, like the one in RA2, on the moon. It would be alot bigger than the Grand Cannon, and be a variation of the Ion Cannon. It would be able to be used on Earth as a superweapon, but as a special base defense when fighting on the moon. Or maybe nod will have it, only it would fire a giant laser gunshell, exploding like the one described earlier.

Condense, Condense!!

And please, www.planetcnc.com, read the C&C encyclopedia and the latest interviews and articles before specualtion. Because as it turns out, GDI wont be the powerhouse anymore, Mutants work with the Forgotten, not Nod, and the Scrin would be the only ones with Moon bases, and there would be no point to that, seeing as how there is no Tiberium there....

Ok, but in general, the 3rd side might be the guys whom became Tiberium infested...

Maybe the mobile base for the 3rd side could be like a Scrin assault ship ie. a small capital ship.

Yeah! But the idea, again, is unoriginal, seeing as the Terran in Starcraft also had a Command Center that can lift off and get away...

and the Scrin would be the only ones with Moon bases, and there would be no point to that, seeing as how there is no Tiberium there....

Not necessarily. Like we have plans to create moon bases ourselves in the future, who says they can't set up a base of operations using cultivation areas. If they were to bring enough minerals from the last planet they invaded, Tiberium would indeed flourish.

But whether they use a mothership or not, the Scrin using the moon would be an excellent strategical plot. The only thing I would say that in the next game after C&C 3, GDI would wanna come up with a weapon to safely wipe them off the moon (Neutron bombs), while Nod will probably wanna come up with a weapon to distablise the earth by destroying the moon completely! Like say, at least a few Gigatonnes of nuke should do the trick, using a subterrainian unit to blow it from the core! :wink:

Yeah! But the idea, again, is unoriginal, seeing as the Terran in Starcraft also had a Command Center that can lift off and get away...

But really they are only extending off the idea of GDI's mobile War Factory in TS, and Yuri's mobile refinery in YR. I believe mobile bases will be inspired by the Zerg's in Starcraft. If they were to create their own organic land mass to build bases on, the whole base could technically crawl across this land mass into better strategical positions. I doubt the bases would hover, although the Scrin's "Primal" Unit does indeed hover. Yep, that concept art we saw in 2004, was most probably EA's own concept art, and not Westwood's as most people might think.

Thierry, nice to see you comenting, but uh.....wrong thread maybe? :?

TD-TS-TW. and i do hope they change the name to something a little more exciting. Tiberium Wars. Wow.

Tiberian Twilight

Tiberian Eclipse

Tiberian Apocalypse

ect ect. There are a million better names than Tiberium Wars.

Then again, I am jsut nitpicking here. Im thrilled about the game.

Replied to something on the first page XD, god I hate that.

On topic though, I'd love a mobile nuclear missile launcher, something like a nuke cannon mixed with a SCUD/V3, very high cost and tech needed blablabla, but very deadly.

Well, yeah... Something like scattering more Tiberium all over so they can build, like that Vein Hole thingy... Mind you, I got irritated by those in TS...

Hahaha, Damn things. I lost a multiplayer game to a vein hole monster!!! At the start I decided to move my MCV to the near top of the map. What I didn't realise was that one of these things were just out of visible range. I deployed, and started to build my base as normal.

While I sent troops out to find the enemy's position I began to build my refinery while I tracked my troops. Next thing I heard, was "Our base is under attack!" I was like WTF! So I pressed 'H' to centre on my con yard.

To my shock the veins from this monster were chewing on my Con yard and barracks. I started repairing immediately while I churned out my disc throwers to try and kill the thing before all was lost. I killed it, just as the Con Yard's energy hit bare minimum. But it was too late, the thing blew up. My expression was nothing short of :furious:

Damn those things, I am probably the only person in the community to be annihilated by nature :haha:

One orca bomber and the thing is down. I never found 'em any trouble. I simply loved the enemy's tanks being chewed up (or whatever they do to tanks/structures) by it.

Nuclear weapons may be overdoing it given the fact that tiberium is used for mutations and such.

Nuclear weapons would be even more devestating if Tiberium was incorporated into their usage.

@ King - hinting at something else, perhaps? :P

So the Scrin are indeed the third side then? Damn....to early. Should have been the forgotten (like in my brief version, in one of the threads around here somewhere) or something. I like BWares idea of keeping the Scrin kind of hidden and shadowy, mysterious. But since they are ingame....forget ballance, the Scrin need to be ubber hard to defeat. Remember TS? "Sir, the crash site was booby traped with C4 everywhere. The thing didnt take a scratch! I dont think humans built this...."

or something along those lines. And that was a crashed and powered down Scrin ship.

<< With a single bound he was free >>

Unit wise, ifd they have the return of beauties like the Cyborg Commando and the excellent Mammoth Mk II, I will be a very happy bunny. I would like something with a bit of range to it for the GDI. The Titans of TD were good, but if there was a couple of obelisks it was game over in some cases. The hover MLRS and the disruptors just weren't enough.

On the Nod side of things, I'm hoping this mech they're supposed to be getting has the ability to withstand a prolonged firefight longer than the tick tanks did. The Nod artillery also HAS to stay.

I think that EA should build on what was available in TS, then enchance, so as it will seem like GDI and Nod developed, and @ King, are you sure The Scrin is the 3rd side?

Speaking of C&C, can anyone refer me to a site related to the older titles aside from Planet C&C?