Sign in to follow this  
WonBetter

please help... cant figure this out YR question

i've installed yuris revenge and red alert 2 fine, but when i run yuris revenge, and try to play any mode it goes to 1/4 of the load bar, and then stops completely. the music keeps playing, but no loading happens. it does this for skirmish, campaign, and internet modes. what can i do? (i have windows XP)

Give it time. It takes about 105 seconds to load on my comp, and the bar does stop on certain sections. If it isn't that then excuse my ignorance.

Give it time. It takes about 105 seconds to load on my comp, and the bar does stop on certain sections. If it isn't that then excuse my ignorance.

actually, i let it sit for about 20 minutes while the simpsons were on, and the bar still didnt load. thanks for the suggestion though.

How about updating your computer> It might be too slow or too old.

just got this computer last year. I thought the problem was due to it being too new (having XP)

If you have 2 media drives (CD or DVD) and version 1.000 of YR, it will take ridiculously long to load. I suggest patching to 1.001 or putting an RA2 CD in the second drive.

turn off any other programs you are loading. also, if you have zone alarm or something similar, make sure they are either turned off, or you press alt+tab while loading and tell the programs to shut up and let RA2/YR load already.

Disconnect from the net and turn off anti virus. See if that helps. If not, then try creating a new account on your computer and play from that. See what happens. I had a similar virus and that fixed it.

yea i would say turn off any resource hungry program and then load RA2 YR that helps. (shame we can't load the game without having to load windows :wink: :P lol)

Or just get an ubber comp with all the goodies. Although it still bugs hte hell outa me when the Dell Update manager bubble window of death pops up IN THE MIDDEL OF A KRIFFING GAME!.

Actually an easier way of getting Yuri/RA2 to work, expecially if you have Xp with SP2. Reduce the aceleration on your Video and Sound hardware, also make sure you are playing them in 98/95 compadability mode. I hade to do this just to get my comp to let me install Yuri.