Sign in to follow this  

Check it biznatch, added info for the 2 new units.

Also reorganized the game modes and added some new ones.

Il est tres interressent.

Looking forward to playing it as soon as finals are over (I've only got 4, instead of 6, so I get a whole extra day off woot.)

trying it out NOW... it works :D

add on to post: why can't i see the rangers?

I've had that happen to me when working on CoI a while back. Check the art.ini, make sure the unitname is coded exactly with what you have logged in the cdf file (i think thats the right extension, anywho, you know which one it is)

As for Rangers, can you build them but they're invisible?

exactly my point

Then I may have left out the SHP. :P

Oh well, I'll have an update this Friday or Saturday and that will be amended posthaste.

Anything else you've noticed? Balance, graphics, glitches?

OMG screenshots! :P

beacon.png

Psychic Beacon. It reveals the map. What else can I say? :P

demoboom.png

This is what happens when you leave holes in your defenses. Demo Trucks will blow your sh*t away. :P

Note the updated explosion, as well. :D

migs.png

The Soviets have their airforce back in action.

sovtanks1.png

Just a random tank batallion that rampaged the green Allied AI. The 'new' tank is actually the Rhino Tank, using an updated design.

spetznaz.png

Instead of Conscripts, Soviet paraplanes are loaded with Spetznaz special forces. However, don't look to train these warriors, they're paradrop only. :P

teslaivan.png

The Tesla Ivan shows off his leet tesla-laden grenades. Too bad nothing was caught in the electric explosion. :P

ubernavy.png

My navy rules the high seas. Nothing can stop my fearsome Soviet war machine! Mauahahahaha! :P

SPETZNAZ? i need to check this out oh the allied paradrop is rangers no?

ah i was wondering why only americans could build them

just tested the mod.

good mod, improved AI, but some balance issues

Allied Navy is way too overpowered....i won 1 battle with 20 dolphins and 5 battleships. i held off their land attack force by blockading my entrance path with several GIs and guardian GIs with 2 medics to back them up.

AI needs work too. i put a complete stranglehold on the allied navy with 10 squids. all allied navies need LOTS of dolphins to maintain naval control. Volkov and crazy ivans can completely hold down entire tank battalions.

again, AI is too simple compared to the good players i've faced online. the only good thing they do is throw units at u faster, but easily outsmarted.

the feeling of the game is a bit quick. all the units u added do too much damage. reduce the damage of all units by 1/4 our sumthing. at highest speed, it feels jsut like a rush game. units kill things wayy toooo fast....

try to slow down the feel of the game

Allied Navy is way too overpowered....i won 1 battle with 20 dolphins and 5 battleships. i held off their land attack force by blockading my entrance path with several GIs and guardian GIs with 2 medics to back them up.

Battleships are inaccurate, moreso if you're firing on a cliff.

However, after much thought, the Dolphin is going away. You cannot balance them properly. Too weak or too strong.

Remember, the AI isn't the smartest creation ever. They don't adapt to your play style as fast as they should. I need to make them throw more Prism Tanks your way.

AI needs work too. i put a complete stranglehold on the allied navy with 10 squids. all allied navies need LOTS of dolphins to maintain naval control. Volkov and crazy ivans can completely hold down entire tank battalions.

I'm toning down Ivan a bit since he's way too strong against armor. His price is going up again as well to be more SEAL-like.

Volkov is a monstrosity. He's meant to take mountains of damage before going down. I think I'll raise his cost a bit and make a little slower, I'll have him fire slower as well to give you a chance to get in and wipe him out.

again, AI is too simple compared to the good players i've faced online. the only good thing they do is throw units at u faster, but easily outsmarted.

Of course it's simple. The AI can't match a human mind. However, this version had zero enhancements to the AI file itself. The next version has tons of enhancements.

the feeling of the game is a bit quick. all the units u added do too much damage. reduce the damage of all units by 1/4 our sumthing. at highest speed, it feels jsut like a rush game. units kill things wayy toooo fast....

The units I added do no more damage than any other in the game.

The game was always fast. It's never been a slow-paced game. Even without my mod, it's really quick.

I may keep at it with the AI work cause you're right, it needs more work. However, last night the AI with its enhancements was kicking my ass.

Yeah, when 3 rush you with a few batallions of Rhinos/Grizzlies and Tracks/IFVS, you tend to go down. Then 2 AIs dropped Rangers and Spetznaz in the back of my base. I lost everything but a power plant and my construction yard, and some men. I fought back and won but dammit, it was kicking my ass.

Ack! >23MB!!! I'll DL at School. Can't wait to see the GGI vet. Trails! What game is Volkov from? RA1? TD?

Volkov is from Counterstrike and Aftermath, both RA1 expansions. He pwns. 23MB isn't THAT much, is it?

23MB isn't THAT much, is it?
Dial-up.....

Finally finished downloading. I like the Airpads! So Volkov was in RA1 expansions. Thanks Inferno!

ok something is wrong here now i can't see either the spetznaz or rangers wtf

You're just really having fun with this arent you.

Wait for the update. but dayum Fen, looks good so far. I'll be up from some games in a few days (hopefully)

You're just really having fun with this arent you.

not really but i would like to see my units