Sign in to follow this  
Rifletank

AAAAAAH I CANT Run RA1 ON MY PC!!!!!!

hey sup all, im havin this problem and i dont know how to fix it. my PC has XP so i downloaded the RA1 patch taht lets me play it on new computers (even tho it disables internet play) the first time i tried it worked fantastically but now i cant get it to work!! i have no idea how to fix thi. any help?

Guest Rifletank v2

i forgot to log on, so im usin this name.

nonono!! u dont understand!!! i installed RA1 a long time ago in my good PC (the one with 512mb and windows XP) i DLed the patch which let me play RA1 in my pc and i followed the instructions step by step. i was profoundly delighted when it worked and i saw that i could play one of my favorite old-school games on my fast PC. but then after a couple weeks, i stopped playing it (generals was the new trend). yesterday when i downloaded the "comedy mod" for RA1 which i must add, is hilarious, i couldnt play RA1 on my PC. i think it could be because of the mod, but it was just a ini.txt file whch i doubt will mess it up. any insight would be greatly appreciated.

even worse, NOW I CANT EVEN PLAY RA1 ON MY OLD PC!!! IM FORCED TO PLAY THE DOS VERSION WHICH AHS NO SOUND AND IS TOO CLOSE TO THE MAP!!! its all with the mod. im thinkin i should remove it and try again, but i still think it is a discrepancy in both systems

Guest Rifletank v2

well, i deleted the mod and i uninstalled the game, and i installed it again. this time i got inside the gamebut as soon as the campagin started, the game froze and this message appeeared:

"the instruction at 004f85f3 referenced memory at 0000000o (i cant read the rest because the box is not big enough) the memory could not be read from (and then it cuts off. it doesnt say anything about the memory. then lastly comes this) click on OK to terminate the application.

so the box read like this:

the instruction at 004f85f3 referenced memory at 0000000o

the memory could not be read from

click on OK to terminate the application.

any clues as to what might have caused this and what i might do to fix this?

Guest Rifletank v2

by the way sonic, are you the mod at this place?

Sonic is the administrator, and owns .CNCNZ :). He runs it completely, with help from outsiders such as myself :>

Thats a rather nasty error from such an old game :shock:

Check that you have set the right compatibility settings as it states in that guide.

Also try shutting down any background apps you may have running.

I'm starting to run out of ideas here......

As for your mod question. All mods are listed on the main forum index page.

Guest Rifletank v2
Check that you have set the right compatibility settings as it states in that guide.

Also try shutting down any background apps you may have running.

I'm starting to run out of ideas here......

i didnt fully understand that. :?: can you please elaborate on that?

i hate to be a pain in ht @$$ but im not very familiar with those tech terms

What I mean is make sure you have set the correct comp settings on the important files. Just follow the http://www.cncnz.com/features/tech/raxpfix.shtml guide it explains what files and how to do it.

When I say background apps I mean things like anti-virus software etc....

Disable them before starting the game.

And the error you had may just be a random memory glitch. Try restarting your computer and then play again. Memory errors can occur at random and may have nothing to do with the installation of RA.