Will you buy on day of release?

Will you get CnC 3 on day of release?  

35 members have voted

1. 1.

• already pre-ordered
    • will pre-order eventually
    • will just shell out the cash when I feel like it
    • I am not going to get it because I am a communist

Why does everyone think it is going to have poor graphic quality? From the trailer and such the units look quite detailed, and they are just previews. plus loads of sparkling tiberium and 100's of tanks all 3d will be better than generals.

Find me a quote from everyone that says its gonna be crap graphics, from about everyone who has applied in this thread is bitching they're gonna need a new PC or videocard... :roll: :|

(Also if you are slow in the mind, the trailer was animated, it ain't from in-game.)

it was done using ingame assets though

Yeah, and I doubt the graphics quality will be the same as the screens we've seen so far.

So? It ain't gonna need a GeForce 6800 or anything, or else it'd be BF2 quality, which I highly doubt. :P

Actually, that's what I was trying to say...

It would even run on a €500,- machine, at least if you chose the parts at the cheapest store, that is.

it was done using ingame assets though

Not graphics though. :P

Yup Inferno, I bet my old GeForce 5700 could still handle it. ;)

For me, its not a matter of handling it....

when playing this game i want smoooothness and 100% efficiency....

i want to get the full potential from CnC3...

also some other games i got would run better ona more upgraded REDASBLOOD PC.....

It's just a modified SAGE engine, not much difference probably... So it'll run on most Pcs, and if it won't run on your current card, buy a new video card, that's cheap. Like mine. I replaced my Radeon 9200 for a Radeon Sapphire 9550, and I didn't pay alot of money, cuz I sold my old card to a desperate relative wanting a new video card... At a fair price, of course. :twisted:

You sure a 9550 will do? I doubt it.

If you're motherboard has the expansion slot, definitely get a PCI or if possible, PCI-X video card. If you compare, you notice the PCI-X is much better :wink:

PCI Express video cards are faster and better. Though only newer motherboards support PCI Express...

I'm sure, even if it won't be written in the "supported video cards list" of the game... I mean, it runs Godfather OK, and it isn't even written to be supported! Also, my dad might buy me a 9600 or 9700, so no worries, I will play that game. :twisted:

PCI Express video cards are faster and better. Though only newer motherboards support PCI Express...
which is why I said if possible :P

If you're motherboard has the expansion slot, definitely get a PCI or if possible, PCI-X video card. If you compare, you notice the PCI-X is much better :wink:

If possible?? :shock:

PCI video cards were old technology years ago. AGP is probably what you're talking about... and yes, it is a dead interface. Definitely do whatever you can to get a motherboard with PCI Express.

Guest MadBadger
pay money for a generals mod...

hmm!

:P

n00b.... Generals mod indead....

They have serriously beefed up the SAGE engine..... you seen the graphics in BFME2? CnC3 will be even better!

I got an E-Mail from GAME asking if i wanted to pre-order it :D release date not set but I have a copy waiting..... when they finish the game and make the disk that is :P

ohhh and i get double reward points :D

where is the "i just don't care" button?

Guest MadBadger

several 'I don't care buttons'

here is a convenent guide ;)

wall18dw.th.jpg

wall21bf.th.jpg

j/k btw

Since that pic had the Yahoo toolbar in it, I felt it my duty but to report that image. :P

I mean why would you use the Yahoo toolbar? Are you insane? :P

Since that pic had the Yahoo toolbar in it, I felt it my duty but to report that image. :P

I mean why would you use the Yahoo toolbar? Are you insane? :P

:haha: :haha: :haha:

He's on myspace too! :P

PS: New mobos have pci-e and pci. :P

Guest MadBadger

Also im using IE... n00b... :P I can't be arsed to remove the tool bar I never use it....

You sure a 9550 will do? I doubt it.

well i managed to get gernerals runing on a 555mghz p3 slot processer, running a TNT2 graphics card with 320mb SDRAM, and it ran fine.

so i think a 9550 shal do the trick but you wont have max spectks

by the way i am not runing that old machine i did my over hall before christmas, and i will do the graphics card again for C&C3 when that is launched

If possible?? :shock:

PCI video cards were old technology years ago. AGP is probably what you're talking about... and yes, it is a dead interface. Definitely do whatever you can to get a motherboard with PCI Express.

I know, but unfortunately, I don't have the money to do it right now, and I wasn't sure if his motherboard could run it either :wink:

Hmmm, according to the article, c&c 3's particle system is more advanced than that of call of duty 2, if any of you have played Call of Duty 2 of 4aa 16af with all settings on high, you will realise this is no small task, i would presume this game will be like oblivion, and you will need a direct x 9.0 video card or higher, ie nvidia fx series (i wouldnt get one of these if i was paid) and the radeon 9550-9800 and so on, so yes the 9550 will play it, but it won't be pretty, just remember how it was when you played generals on a pentium 2 with a voodoo 2, thats propably what it will be like, if you want a video card that will play c&c 3 well, look for the 7600gt, 7900gt, x1800gto and x1900gt (all those are pci-e and they range from 150usd to 280usd and even cheaper sometimes)

Oh and btw, you can get some awesome deals on agp cards, like the x800xt's n x850pro's (which can be flashed to x850xt's if you get lucky) on ati.com (about $120usd) which will run C&C fine on medium settings without hdr and alot of aa or sm3.0

Also the 7600gs has just been released, but unless it gets a little cheaper, id go for the x800's

So even though agp is dead, it is still useable.

And that was my long whinded and propably ungrammaticle explanation on the propable video req. of c&c 3 explanation :D

Not bad, but you've aimed too high. Current Alpha settings lead to this.

Minimum specs for C&C 3 are as follows (But are subject to change):

XP or Vista

1.8Ghz P4/AMD Athlon

512MB RAM

7.5 GB Hard disk space + 750Mb Virtual memory

DVD ROM Drive

128MB AGP or PCIE Card with T&L Enabled (Geforce 3 or greater, ATI Radeon 9000 or later)

Direct X 9c Sound compatible card

Basically if you can run Generals smoothly on a high detail setting. C&C 3 will run on Medium/Low Detail without any problems. :wink:

Recommended specs to get it full whack are:

Vista

3 Ghz P4/AMD Athlon

1 GB RAM

DVD ROM DRIVE

256MB PCIE Card - Hardware Vertex and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability (Geforce 6800 or ATI X800)

Direct X 10