Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Rodney McKay

Favorite Video Game music?

devil may cry series usually has good music ocarina of time too

I'm undoubtably gonna be biased at first thought and say C&C's :P

But when down to thinking about it I quite like Harry Gregson Williams MGS2 soundtrack, as well as the soundtrack to Imperium Galactica 2...

There are 101 more games I could list, but those are the one's that instantly spring to mind. Field Commander's ain't too bad either, but since the game is seemingly restricted to 5 tracks, it gets kinda annoying after a while.

speakin of mgs i like the music when you get spotted in the original mgs

Final Fantasy III

This one

FF3.gif

Not the weird Japanese one with the Jap numbering

Chrono Trigger

250px-Chrono_Trigger_Front_Cover.jpg

Donkey Kong Country 1 (2 and 3 sucked)

Yeah, SNES all the way.

The theme song from MGS3.. Its like a chessy James Bond rip off. Which makes it great. :P

Are you insane in the cranium Tree? 2 and 3 were better than 1.

2 had better gameplay than 1. 3 was horrible in every aspect. 1's music 0W||3D!!!!!!!1111!111!11!!!!!1

Some (not all) of the music used in Halo 2 is really good. Its just really epic sounding to me.

Guest MadBadger

Ach... sorta odd selection for me :P

Hitman 2-3 Love the whole orchestra and the like ;) (ain't played BM yet got a few tracks on my Ipod thou.... :D )

Ace Combat ones are good.... love the music player.... wish it would play looped or continuous thou >_<

CnC Tracks (that is RA, RA2, YR, TS, FS) Ain't played TD and Gen music sucks..... really sucks..... So Ima listen to Smoothbeats if im ever playing games online.

You've never played TD? :o

I thought AoE 2's music was pretty neat.

streets of rage had some good music

Star Wars Battle Front II isnt bad, except on the Tatooine levels

C&C of course, Especially RA

Ace Combat

Hmm ...

StarCraft has some excellent music for Terrans, but since there are really only three or four tracks to the game, and StarCraft is a game that is played enough that every pixel has a book written on it, the music gets sickening and old after hour 1000. Zerg music was okay. The Protoss music was of a lesser quality.

Renegade had some excellent music--I saved the game on the 4th-to-last mission ( could be the third ) so I play that action filled scene listening to Klepacki's remixed rock version of In The Line of Fire ... oh, that was so awesome.

Honestly, nerdy as it is, a lot of the time I spend online, I spend with the music coming from Klepacki's site.

I suppose to rate any one game for best music, I would have to go with Red Alert--Aftermath. I know that's a very odd choice, but look at the EXTENSIVE music from RA, Counterstrike, and the Aftermath. There must be 40 songs there ... and most of them are very good.

This decision took a lot of thinking. I may change my mind in 30 seconds. But almost all of the nominees in my mind came from CNC, and Klepacki in general.

Bill Brown ( Generals ) did not dissapoint -- he just pales, in comparision to Klepacki ( Most CNCS ) and Jarid Mendelson (TS music )

for me all cnc's except ra2/generals were good in the music department and then there is the bf1924 song, that's good even though it gets a bit repetitive :wink:

Whats wrong with RA2 music? Some of it is quite good. Granted it has none of the serious of RA or the Awe of TS or the coolness of TD, but its not bad.

it's just not my style somehow don't ask how cuz i don't know

BF1942 had great music. some of the R6 games do too. Also i agree with cyg SWBF2 really fits the theme of the game well.

Well it is Star Wars

But theres nothing like hearing 'Battle of the Heros" in the middle of a pitched fight on Yavin IV when Darth Maul is getting Skewered by Mace Windu 8)

so all battlefields that i've played *1942/2* have awesome music.

2 had ok music but its not as epic as 1942