Sign in to follow this  

Mutant Player (Tibsun)

I just discovered TibEd, and i started out with Tibsun Firestorm, trying to make the mutants playable. This allmost worked; i had all the units I wanted edited well without deleting any original GDI/Nod units, had MUTANTS selectable as players, and had all the buildings you needed to properly play tibsun edited for them. When i started a game, all i saw, were a couple of grey units, a few mutant cyborgs and normal infantry... And i couldnt control them! I switched multiplay-mutant passive- to false, and still the same!! how can i get to start with an MCV, and some units, that i can move and fully control? plz help me! :(

That's a very complicated operation; you need to add an entire new side from scratch; you cannot activate the mutants.

There are some guides floating around the net but rest assured it is very hard.

Guest GeneralPenis

I'm experiencing quite similar problem, now, I guess (and this is just a guess) you could just copy all files from existing armies, and Change them here, and there until they become what you want them to be, making own construction yard, etc is quite easy, but it's the starting conditions that are bugging me, if you could please tell us how to at least put an MCV up there we'd be most grateful.

If necessary, you could post it in Dutch and I'll happily translate it into English for future readers of this thread.

Yours, Christiaan.

[email protected]

P.S. Thank you for Tibed, it is a god's send!

Guest GeneralPenis

I will visit the site and see if I can get any further with it (Which I probably will). :)

Thank you very much!

Yours, Christiaan.

Guest GeneralPenis

Nope, The MCV still won't show...

There are also a few things I couldn't find, such as step 2, and the numbers replaced by xxx in the tutorial (Step 5,6,7).

Guest GeneralPenis

I DID add it to the list where all the other vehicles are.

Guest GeneralPenis

Nevermind, I found it, I decided to give up on Tibed and just open the rules.ini file and change it manually. And, it worked :D Turns out my army was number 4 on the list... I changed it to number 2 and it's working fine now, thank you all for your help.

Yours, Christiaan.

Guest GeneralPenis

Oh boy, guess what? New problem!

My buildings won't show in the build list (In game).

Guest GeneralPenis

That I did, if you mean building type list, but Tibed does that automatically...

Anyway, I made the pavement buildable without needing a barracks first, and I changed it to be buildable by GDI,NOD, and REBELS (My third side).

For some reason I can only build pavement...

Guest GeneralPenis

Ah, I found it, the only way it'll let me build anything is if I change owner to each of the sides, for instance, my REBARAY - Rebel Sensor Array (Radar and sensor array combined) had to be owned by GDI,NOD,and REB

I have had lots of similar problems adding my third side (the Forgotten) to Tib Sun - Firestorm.

I load it up after selcting The Forgotten as a side & then i start out with loads of GDI stuff & an MCV which doesn't quite work. When i turn it into a ConYard i can build GDI stuff??!!

Plus when I stick to building the Forgotten stuff, it doesnt work...

I build a forgotten radar, but i can't build the stuff that prereqs is RADAR.

Its all so annoying.

KANE LIVES

KANE LIVES
I thought it was YURI LIVES. But on this one I agree with you

I have had lots of similar problems adding my third side (the Forgotten) to Tib Sun - Firestorm.

I load it up after selcting The Forgotten as a side & then i start out with loads of GDI stuff & an MCV which doesn't quite work. When i turn it into a ConYard i can build GDI stuff??!!

Plus when I stick to building the Forgotten stuff, it doesnt work...

I build a forgotten radar, but i can't build the stuff that prereqs is RADAR.

Its all so annoying.

KANE LIVES

Did you add the new side to the Owner= list on [GACNST]. That will cause problems if you don't.

I make my team in gret detail, leaaving (i thought) nothing to go wrong.

I used the same MCV, silo & refinery as the other side & i DID make sure they belonged to the forgotten as well.

When i start a game after picking 'The Forgotten' as a side it shows me the gdi loading screen. After that the game starts & i have EVA as my sidebar.

I start with an MCV & some Forgotten units, but i also get a titain or 2 with some other GDI stuff that i dont want. Then when i deploy my MCV i get to build either GDI or forgotten power plant, whats up with that?

I then build the Forgotten PP & i get power etc but it wont let me build anything with POWER as a prerequisite! I have the same problems with things that require FACT, BARRACKS, TECH etc. Only the things that have forgotten buildings as a prerequisite i can build, this applies to units too!

If you could help me i would greatly appreciate it!

Hmm, send me your rules file and I'll find the problem. It seems too basic.

Wait, did you add the Forgotten structures to the PowerPrerequisite=, Barracks, Factory, Tech, etc. Add the Forgotten stuff there and see what happens. Also, make sure the Forgotten own only Forgotten units/structures.

SunEdit won't help in this case. He's adding a new side. That's not simple and SE2K can't handle that.