Sign in to follow this  
Eskil

The First Decade! Great for an old cynic like me! However...

Well hello there, fellas! Figured it was time for me to pop in for my annual visit to see how everyone's doing 8)

Seeing as my original C&C and RA discs are long gone (and wouldn't work on these new-fangled machines anyway, heh), I figure The First Decade will be a nice trip down memory lane for an old-timer like me (for those who don't know me, I used to work on this site a few lifetimes ago). I saw it in my local store today, and almost picked it up immediately. However, as a die-hard user of Windows 2000, the "Windows XP" system requirement gave me second thoughts. Has anyone got any experiences (read: problems) with running this on Windows 2000? I obviously don't have the compatibility mode (well, not a simple one, anyway) that XP offers, but I can't imagine someone releasing a game that actually relied on this "feature" (and I use the term losely, considering it doesn't exactly work wonders for many old games).

In any case, I just figured I'd ask, and at the same time check in on you all.

Cheers!

Eskil (once known as Viper)

Has problems with almost every system so ehh... I don't know for sure about 2000 specifically though.