Sign in to follow this  
Valaron

WOW They left alot of stuff out... o.O

ok so I'm using the FinalBig utility for Zero Hour to check out all the object files and stuff, and I'm noticing there are ALOT of units from all sides (US, China, GLA, NOD??), that they left out of the actual game!!

Among the most notable are a snowmobile for the US and GLA forces, a US Nuke Silo (looks like the round part of the partical cannon, and when it opens up an ICBM comes out), and some kind of chinesse plane that looks like their version of a raptor!

And most notably, THERES A FREAKIN MAMMOTH TANK!! :shock:

So now I'm tinkering around with the .ini files in INIZH.big to see if I can sneak these units back into the game. IF I'm succesful, I'll upload the modified file to my site and post a link for you guys. I really hope I can get these things working cuz they look Awesome!! :D

Update:

Okie well, I havent had much luck getting the new units into the game.. I think it has something to do with the animation files not matching up, so everytime I try adding one to the game, it crashes.. :?

BUT.. I Have had great success editing the hell out of the current units!!

Take a look at the new Nuke Cannon Overlord!! :D

NukeOverlord1.JPG

NukeOverlord2.JPG

This sucker shoots out 6 nuke shells a second and its gattling cannon is 12 times faster and more powerfull then the old version. Plus the tank itself is 3 times faster then the "nuclear powered" overlord.

Next I'm going to try equiping this guy with a couple lasers! :D

Oh and before anyone says anything, Yes I know mods like this Cant be used online unless everyone else in the game has them..

And NO, I will not be releases the overlord tank mod to the public because.. well that guy took out 3 Whole Armies of the Nuke general, SW General, and the Demo general all by himself without even gaining a rank..

Ummm... yea I think thats a wee bit too much power there. :shock:

I'm gonna keep working on the other stuff like the snowmobiles and then Mammoth tank.. if anyone has any ideas on how to get them working I'd be Most happy to hear them! :D

In the case of the mammoth tank being left out, yes I could understand why they wouldnt put it in the actuall game.

But as for the snowmodile and the Nuke US silo, well why spend all that time texturing them, making animations for them, and wrighting code for them if your not going to include them in the final game?

This isnt something like the motorcycle from Halo 2 that was left out because the game designers couldnt figure out how to make it work, this is something thats pretty simple in terms of physics and they already have a working physics model they can use for it, the GLA dirt bike.

So in short, no.. I dont understand why these units were left out of the game. :?

thats some good editing u get going there. u gotta have change in the game some time. otherwise u can lose passion for it. so, good work. however, lol, ultra nuke overlord, just build one and u've won the game literally.

In the case of the mammoth tank being left out, yes I could understand why they wouldnt put it in the actuall game.

But as for the snowmodile and the Nuke US silo, well why spend all that time texturing them, making animations for them, and wrighting code for them if your not going to include them in the final game?

This isnt something like the motorcycle from Halo 2 that was left out because the game designers couldnt figure out how to make it work, this is something thats pretty simple in terms of physics and they already have a working physics model they can use for it, the GLA dirt bike.

So in short, no.. I dont understand why these units were left out of the game. :?

The main reason is, and should be, balance purposes. Lots of games often have leftover bits that could function with a bit of work... that's nothing new but most of the time, there's a reason why something was left out. Hell, go back to RA2 for a while... there's gobs of goodies in the MIX files that go unused.

Guest General_F

I agree with Valaron about this part^^ and yet still i understand what you mean Beowulf about the balancing and all, but ANY units & teams can be balanced in several different ways.... Lets say the crazy kick-ass mammoth that Valaron got going there actually existed in the game, you could have balanced it thru lets say, making it really expensive, or making it extremely weak against some single unit that the other teams has, or even GIVE the other teams their own big crazy tank/vehicle......??

hmm.....just some ideaaassss... :idea:

As far as Game Balance goes, the US Nuke silo would be easily balanced by its price tag, and the fact the other sides (China, GLA, Generals) have their own little versions of their super weapons.

The Snowmobile would be countered by the GLA Combat cycle, and the Mammoth tank would be countered by Chinas standard Overlord tank (there both about the same size and have the same abilities).

As for pricing and power, for the Nuke silo I figure a cost of about 10k and a power consumption of around 10-15 points would be adequet.

And now for some more eye candy!! :D

HogSwarm1.JPG

You think there a gererals power hack dont you? :)

HogSwarm2.JPG

Your Wrong!! :twisted:

Though I do need to work a little more on that item description.. not sure why its giving that error.. o.O

thats some good editing u get going there. u gotta have change in the game some time. otherwise u can lose passion for it. so, good work. however, lol, ultra nuke overlord, just build one and u've won the game literally.

Heh... that guy I made took down a whole army of Nuke overlords.. and they were built by the Nuke general!! :shock:

Comparison..

Standard overlord:

Armor: 1100

Speed: 20

Range: 150

Damage: 80x2 (one shot per barrel)

Nuke Overlord:

Armor: 1100

Speed: 30

Range: 175

Damage: 180x2

Modded Overlord:

Armor: 10,000

Speed: 120

Range: 600

Damage: 2,000x12 (6 shots per barrel)

In short... This is one of the VERY few times I think I've gone a little too far.. :shock:

The main reason is, and should be, balance purposes. Lots of games often have leftover bits that could function with a bit of work... that's nothing new but most of the time, there's a reason why something was left out. Hell, go back to RA2 for a while... there's gobs of goodies in the MIX files that go unused.

ZH balanced? pfft. :P

UPDATE!! :D

I've been having a heck of a time trying to make a US based tank that can counter my little nuke armed overlord.. The main problem was that all the US tanks only have a single barrel.. well the Avenger has twin barrels but there lasers, not quite as satisfying.. :(

While it is possible to simply increas the firing rate of the single barrel designs, the sound resulting from the continues barage is, at the very least, deffening. :?

So I was tinkering around with the paladin tank design, and I had a little brainstorm.. the Paladin may not have the twin barrel configuration of the overlord, but it can utilize one ability quite nicely..

STEALTH!! :D

StealthPaladin1.JPG

This little puppy is completely oblivious to enemy radar. It can park right next to a Stinger nest and twiddle his thumbs over the firing button all while the little guys in the stinger site dink around wondering when there going to die! :P

StealthPaladin2.JPG

He can even fire and move at the same time while Still remaining cloaked! :D

StealthPaladin3.JPG

He also seems to bounce quite nicely.. a feat the overlord lacks. :P

Owned2.JPG

And once again I've created yet another tank capable of Completely Destroying multiple armies with barely a dent in its armor! :D

Now I just need to figure out how to pit these two guys up against each other, the china army AI doesnt seem to want to build any overlords even on hard difficulty.. :?

i see no point of those. nuke overlords are unbalanced enough, giving them nuke shells is nuts. same goes for the paladin. all ur doing is putting each unit on steriods so they can wipe everything out including entire bases and each other quite easily. there is no balance in that and thats why these are not fun.

those changes are not hard to make. as long as the existing stuff is in it, its quite easy editing hte ini file. using gmax to create, bone and skin new models and adding them in in more harder.

the icbm is used, but rarely for some secret purpose. same for tomahawk storm...(u get it in last usa zh mission)

for those changes, its just editing the nukegen.ini file or commandset.ini to change the unit stats and what can be built...or the other ini files. bigwhoop i can change the warhead, and fx animation and damage number by copying it from another unit!

i'm not downloading mods that just freaking change unit stats..only mods that add new units and things like those mod projects out there.

I guess my post about balance being important is lost on this guy.

Whatever... have fun with uberunits. I hope you feel like you REALLY acomplished something.

I swear... ****ing n00bs these days. :roll:

i see no point of those. nuke overlords are unbalanced enough, giving them nuke shells is nuts. same goes for the paladin. all ur doing is putting each unit on steriods so they can wipe everything out including entire bases and each other quite easily. there is no balance in that and thats why these are not fun.

those changes are not hard to make. as long as the existing stuff is in it, its quite easy editing hte ini file. using gmax to create, bone and skin new models and adding them in in more harder.

the icbm is used, but rarely for some secret purpose. same for tomahawk storm...(u get it in last usa zh mission)

for those changes, its just editing the nukegen.ini file or commandset.ini to change the unit stats and what can be built...or the other ini files. bigwhoop i can change the warhead, and fx animation and damage number by copying it from another unit!

i'm not downloading mods that just freaking change unit stats..only mods that add new units and things like those mod projects out there.

Dude.. whats your problem?

Did I say these things were hard to make? NO.

Did I say I was the only one who can make them? NO.

Did I even say I was going to release thse mods to the public? HELL NO!

Infact I distinctly remember saying I Would NOT be releasing mods like the overlord and the Paladin to the public. So Who really care if you think their unbalanced or not! I designed them for my personal amusment alone and if you have a problem with it, Tough!

You wanna flame som ones mods? Go flame the guy that made the Shock and Awe mod..

I think the man has a point. This is his project, his work, not your's. You can't tell him what he should or shouldn't do. As to the balance. It's a question of taste. If a guy likes to oblidirate the enemy without any competition FINE, BE THAT WAY. Some on the other hand prefer some sport, so what? BE THAT WAY as well.

I designed them for my personal amusment alone and if you have a problem with it, Tough!

Personal or not, you're still a n00b. :roll:

This is his project, his work, not your's.

Many modders, of all games, tend to take pride in their work, only to have it sloshed by dumb **** like this. This is the kind of thing that annoys me.

I take pride in modding and the work I put into it... when I see this, personal mod or not, it just angers me. I don't understand how someone can actually be proud of destroying game balance and one-siding games... AGAINST THE AI no less. As a veteran of the C&C modding scene, I disregard anyone who does this and actively try to improve the mod with suggestions or belittle it when the creator ignores good suggestions.

It's a question of taste.

No. It's not. Balance is balance and tacking nuke shells onto Overlords and Paladins is not my idea of balance.

It's not like balance is some unattainable feat in games or mods. Most of it is common sense, which, Valaron seems to lack.

First off, I didnt give nuke shells to the paladin, I simply increased its firing rate a little and gave it stealth ability.

And you wanna talk BALANCE?? You think ZH is balanced?? ROFL!!

Dude, please.. if this game had ANY sence of balance, the overlord and superweapons wouldnt be in it, and the GLA would have an airfield.. This game is FAR from balanced modded or not.

Lastly.. I already told you, the mods I'm making for use BY MYSELF are Nothing compared to som of the stuff I've seen in the downloads section. If your so high and mighty about making sure people only release mods You think people should have, do the world a favor, stop complaining about it here and go clean out the crap in the Mods page. :evil:

First off, I didnt give nuke shells to the paladin, I simply increased its firing rate a little and gave it stealth ability.

Oh, a thousand pardons. Stealth on a Paladin is still NOT BALANCED!

And you wanna talk BALANCE?? You think ZH is balanced?? ROFL!!

I didn't say the initial game WAS balanced, only that you've royally ****ed that over.

Dude, please.. if this game had ANY sence of balance, the overlord and superweapons wouldnt be in it, and the GLA would have an airfield.. This game is FAR from balanced modded or not.

Not true. Balance means everything has a counter. While ZH isn't the peak of balance, each side can be different without being unbalanced. Besides, the GLA doesn't need power plants so they don't get an airforce. I call that balance.

Lastly.. I already told you, the mods I'm making for use BY MYSELF are Nothing compared to som of the stuff I've seen in the downloads section. If your so high and mighty about making sure people only release mods You think people should have, do the world a favor, stop complaining about it here and go clean out the crap in the Mods page. :evil:

This is just as bad as the crap in the mods section. Probably worse, depending on how you look at it. Personal mod or not, this is still really lame and not something to be even remotely proud of.

Ya know what, screw it.. I honestly dont care what you think anymore. You've made it obvious you have little backing up your statements besides your own personal feelings so go ahaed and feel however you want about the subject. It doesnt matter.

And stop posting in my topic unless you actually have something Contructive to say, like how to get the damn snowmobile working because That is somthin I'm totally at a loss with. That goes for all of you anti-modders out there.

Ya know Beowulf, I am SICK and TIRED of your constant debating! I mean, it's like you think you're right or something! Man that pisses me off! *LOCK*

Oh wait.... (just giving you a hard time dude :wink:)

Ya know what, screw it.. I honestly dont care what you think anymore. You've made it obvious you have little backing up your statements besides your own personal feelings so go ahaed and feel however you want about the subject. It doesnt matter.

And stop posting in my topic unless you actually have something Contructive to say, like how to get the damn snowmobile working because That is somthin I'm totally at a loss with. That goes for all of you anti-modders out there.

Is there something about "veteran of the community" that you do not understand?

Anti-modder? Are you stupid or something? I am a modder so I know what I'm talking about. How in the hell did you miss that one? :roll:

Ya know Beowulf, I am SICK and TIRED of your constant debating! I mean, it's like you think you're right or something! Man that pisses me off! *LOCK*

Oh shut up, you. :P

i see no point of those. nuke overlords are unbalanced enough,

nuke ols are definately not unbalanced.. nuke is one of hte weakest sides in the game after V china. try to play nuke vs any non-sw usa and non-glav gla side, and inf and see how quickly you get owned.

no way man nuke gen is not unballanced. His battlemasters are speedy enough to out manouver better than any other tank.

no way man nuke gen is not unballanced. His battlemasters are speedy enough to out manouver better than any other tank.

tech rpg> nukes economy and dozers. if you use bms against gla, you just scrap up his marauders. once he gets a vet 2 chev marauder = gg. vees > bms. aos > bms. nuke is only good vs vanilla china and tank.