Best Platform for Games

Da best platform or whatever for games  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• DA Comp
    • Da Console
    • Ya Cellphone
    • Comp and Console

Since I'm bored this thread has been created....

This poll shall be about ummm..... :? An age old question... :lol:

Consoles or Comps. :D

What is better and more to the point why..... :? This applies for games only. No crap about how you can go on the internet and turn out pointless crude....

Now I know this has been done before, I think, But not in Poll Styles.. So vote ya bastard. Or else you won't get jack for Christmas. And if ya not into that sorta thing then you won't get jack anyway! So ha! :P

Best platform for games is by far the PC. Higher resolutions mean sharper graphics. Games can be edited/modded etc.....don't forget the ability to patch a game when there are problems after its released.

Games are cheaper on PC to :thumbsup:

Games on a cellphone.....give me a break :roll:

CONSOLE GAMING!

Ik like the way I don't have to search te keyboard for the right keys.

You've got that Nintendo magic. And gaming behind the tv is usually more relaxed. (couch)

Best platform for games is by far the PC. Higher resolutions mean sharper graphics. Games can be edited/modded etc.....don't forget the ability to patch a game when there are problems after its released.

Totally Agree :D

PCs are great for some games. Like FPS and RTS and stuff. But I reckon the rest of em' are better on a console. And besides consoles are getting better treatment than PCs anyway. They seem to be "porting" a lot of games these days. There must be a reason.

And as for the higher resloutions. I don't know but playing a game on a nice 30 inch isn't too bad, as oppsed to say a 17 or 21 comp screen..... :roll: Just wait till I find some I know with a plasma screen, then I'll be happy... :twisted:

Luk3us is right, on consoles you can play Mario, Zelda, Metroid games.

That's why I don't care for the xbox because everything comes out on the pc also.

Guest Disposable Hero

Voted PC & Console: Just liked luk3us said. An RTS or FPS you play on your PC but everything else Console....(can't wait for Gran Turismo 4, that will keep me from the PC for a while :D ).

Yup, both systems have their advantages. I could never imagine playing Virtua Tennis or Soul Calibur on my PC, for example. Neither would I enjoy playing Generals or UT2K3 on a console :)

On consoles, you never have the problem that your console is too slow (newer games will just require a new edition of the console). On PC... well you know about Generals, don't you? :roll:

PC best for gameing!! better grafix sound etc!!! if ur game has bugs patch it u cant do that on console! mod ur games etc pc rules! all toher games are better on pc just get a controll pad! duh! :roll:

PC's werent designed for gaming (I suppose some are now). consoles were, they provide you with everything u need to run that game, the wont turn on you and say you need to upgrade some parts to run it. why do you think they try and make the game so dependant on high graphics, so you go ou and upgrade! constantly draining you of money and with network play now on consoles its perfect for any gaming. :)

What isn't anyone going to vote for the cellphones option? I mean who doesn't like Snake? :P

It's the comp because it's best and all the reasons Sonic mentioned - but consoles are best for multiplayer fun w/ ur mates, EyeToy Play anybody?

Cellphones are crap for gaming - even the NGage is a piece of dog turd.

You know, I got into a conversation about this with a guy online once, me saying consoles because of the relaxed environment, sitting on a couch in front of a big TV with your friends, and then he said that he'd hooked up a big screen to his comp with emulators for all the consoles and stuff. I told him that he was full of it. (That was just a random thought that came to mind when I saw this thread. Thought I'd share it with you.)

In any case, I'm with the majority, it seems. While I love Generals, Desert Combat, and a number of other RTS games and I believe that the mouse is the superior targeting tool for FPS, Consoles will always be my absolute favorite for two reasons:

A: It's so much easier to hook up four controllers the play against your pals (read: absolutely destroy your pals. Lol.).

B: Consoles are usually much cheaper than comps, and they are far easier to tote with you than your computer system.

So my vote is both. Comps for some games, but Consoles for most. I think that someday they're going to have both combined so that it won't matter what you choose. They'll have PC power in consoles, and it'll all become compact enough to carry anywhere.

- Sparticus

Guest GruntGny

I couldn't agree more. Plus you don't have to fight for the TV.

I couldn't agree more. Plus you don't have to fight for the TV.

I've got a TV in my room, but I have to share my pc with my dad...

But I'm now convinced that consoles are the ultimate gaming devices.

Why? You ask?

This friday I played Mario Kart with 3 of my classmates, I'm sure that you can never have that much fun with a pc. You cannot even play with 4 persons on a pc.

This friday I played Mario Kart with 3 of my classmates, I'm sure that you can never have that much fun with a pc. You cannot even play with 4 persons on a pc.

And the only reason it was a 3-player game instead of a 4-player one was because one of the controllers broke down ;)

Um, quick count... Khyber + 3 = 4... I'm so confused. Why was the controller broken? Why didn't he buy another one? I have five so why am I asking this? Ahh!

- Spartie

They were with 4, they had 3 controllers, so they had to switch players every now and then. They had 4 controllers, but one of them was broken.

And for a GC, there is no need to have 5 controllers, because there's room for only 4. You'll need a plasma TV or something like that to use splitscreen with 5 players :roll:.

:arrow: Khyber + 3 = 4, 4 - 1 = 3.

You cannot even play with 4 persons on a pc.

That's what LAN parties are for, my friend...

Personally, I like the games better on PC than I do on console. Anything that is really good on a console usually comes to PC within a year anyways, so I'd rather wait to see them do it right on PC. For example: Knights of the Old Republic is better on PC than it is on X-Box, because the controls are easier using a mouse, and BioWare added extra content to the PC version.

The downside to PC gaming is the price of computer upgrades, but I don't mind shelling out some extra money for games I really enjoy.

Have you tried playing a platform game on a PC? It's impossible without shelling out for a game controller.

Rogue Leader, the XBox is not a *real* console ;)

There's something to say for consoles - the game (always) works, and if it has poor performance (think Generals), then the reviews will be very bad and no-one will buy it. Whereas on PC... you have to hope the Sys. Req. are correct.

Yes the Xbox is really just a computer in a box. Another attempt by Bill Gates to make money so he can take over the world..... :P :shock:

Thats something else only some games turn out good on PC. A few games just don't work right on PC with out a gamepad.

The only games I know that really need a gamepad on PC are sports games like NHL, NBA, etc. Everything else I've seen can be played just as well - if not better - on a computer, especially if you have a joystick or steering wheel.

I suppose I'm biased because I never had a console when I was younger, but then again there are no console games that appeal to me that I can't get on PC. It's all a matter of taste - to each his own :)

They were with 4, they had 3 controllers, so they had to switch players every now and then. They had 4 controllers, but one of them was broken.

And for a GC, there is no need to have 5 controllers, because there's room for only 4. You'll need a plasma TV or something like that to use splitscreen with 5 players :roll:.

:arrow: Khyber + 3 = 4, 4 - 1 = 3.

Okay, I got it. I just was confused that he was playing with three friends and only had three controllers...

And I have five because I bought three for my original 'Cube, and then it broke, so I bought another one, and it came with it's own controller. The laser on the original broke, and I didn't want to pay to ship it to Nintendo... Besides, a new one was only a hundred bucks anyway, and it came with Metroid Prime. That was cool.

As to the rest, I personally think that the XBox is the first step towards complete integration between consoles and PC. Eventually, all consoles will be "computers in a box", and we won't even be having this debate anymore. That's the way that I see the future of gaming, anyway.

- Spartie