Sign in to follow this  
Luk3us

IGN Game Footage

Very cool videos... What would be better if I had access to nice big versions of all three videos... Wink

Those flame tanks kicked ass, well till they got taken out by those GDI tank thingeys, what are they called again? Meh..

Ahh August a brillant month indeed.

Wow... one remarkable thing that I noticed was how the infantry move as a squad, and actually make formations. When moved, they actually take positions along roads and in front of buildings! It looks similar to the mechanics of the angry mob, but they move so brilliantly! That's something the SAGE engine definitely needs- I despised how the infantry worked in Generals. They didn't seem the LEAST bit human. Now they're forming ranks and taking cover! This should be great when it's finished :D

we finally see nod! omg those movies looked so good, and the fire... wow! and the lasers! and the distortion effects under the orcas... simply amazing

Wow... one remarkable thing that I noticed was how the infantry move as a squad, and actually make formations. When moved, they actually take positions along roads and in front of buildings! It looks similar to the mechanics of the angry mob, but they move so brilliantly! That's something the SAGE engine definitely needs- I despised how the infantry worked in Generals. They didn't seem the LEAST bit human. Now they're forming ranks and taking cover! This should be great when it's finished :D

That was the AI and stuff, the SAGE engine always had the potiental, EA just didn't tweak the AI enough.

That was the AI and stuff, the SAGE engine always had the potiental, EA just didn't tweak the AI enough.

Yes... yes I realize that it's the AI, but thanks for clarifying :roll:

Guest Jamie T

nice but bad for the buffering ppl said :shock:

nice but bad for the buffering ppl said :shock:

Uhh... come again? :?

he means it took a while to load on his comp :wink:

Those inf were impressive. As was the gameplay. And the fire. And the tracers. And the Orca waves. And the 'splosions. And the tiberium. And the....well you get the idear.

BWare---aside from the lighting, are you happier now?

The flame tanks where amazing but i didnt like how the flame was so bright you couldnt see the fire, and i hope you will be able to catch the enviroment and such on fire as well, simliar to generals that if infantry are in a building you can catch the building on fire and hear them scream inside and eventually the building collapse (i know, i expect alot)

Yes... yes I realize that it's the AI, but thanks for clarifying :roll:

You mentioned the SAGE engine for your reason. :roll:

"That's something the SAGE engine definitely needs- I despised how the infantry worked in Generals." - Bware. :roll:

As for looking at the stuff closer... Again, no darkness. Sun and more sun...

like I mentioned, its too bright. Waaayy to bright (hint hint EA) :wink:

They should have day-night cycles. They're always nice. ;)

In the gaming industry there's something that's referred to as a sandbox map(s). These are quickly drawn up maps with no major details put into them, only enough to show off the product. It is these level(s) that all screenshots, promotion and the like are taken from until the game is at a suitable stage. Once the game begins to get into the 2nd half, or late Beta stage, will you only then see shots and promotion surrounding the final product.

The fact of the matter is. EALA have about 6 Sandbox maps. 2 of each for each type of Zone. Now that they've done GDI & Nod News, and shown a few gameplay videos of the Yellow Zone, they'll probably wear out the Blue Zone for a short while. Only then will they hit us with the more detailed Red Zone videos and images.

I would expect to wait until at least just before, even after Xmas before you begin to see some truly cool pics like weather effects, lighting effects etc. I'd imagine EALA have a couple of Sandbox maps that'll really show these off anyway, and these will end up being a whole section to be covered in due course.

Look at it this way. With Joe Kucan definately in the fold. The vision of a Tiberium Future will now be put on Track in every way imaginable. Joe was to be the Director for every game movie until this Saga is complete. Like Nod, Westwood had one vision, one purpose for C&C. Kucan is one of those men who knew what it was. We're in more than safe hands now guys.

So Kane really does control EALA....the vision purpose thing, and the Joe Kucan thing (obviously an alias of Kane's)

whoa.....cosmic...... :twisted::P

You mentioned the SAGE engine for your reason. :roll:

"That's something the SAGE engine definitely needs- I despised how the infantry worked in Generals." - Bware. :roll:

So TSBO is suddenly our resident smarmy condescending "tech guy", eh? I suddenly feel the urge to tell you to get a life..... but am fighting it.

I mentioned the SAGE engine because it's how I see the whole system of the game. It's like the Steam engine- you link in your mind the total functioning of it, including the Havok physics. It all carries the "Steam" label.

A more accurate way to put it would be: "That's something that I'd love to see implemented with the SAGE engine." But you'd have to be a pretty bitter, self-righteous person to nitpick THAT badly, right?

@Cygnus: I am much, much happier, yes. There's still the major problem of the basic nature of Tiberium being untrue to the original fiction, but the crystals do somewhat represent the old stuff and, in the limited fiction they've released, they HAVE mentioned mutations ....but to a very small extent. If mutations take a larger role and there's a focus on not just terraforming, but complete restructuring of Earth's ecosystem (especially in biological systems), I'll be one happy camper. :D

Kucan is one of those men who knew what it was. We're in more than safe hands now guys.

This is true. It's awesome to see Joe on board :D

Let's hope that EA gives him some time in the driver's seat for the creative direction of the game....

I dont think he would be working for them if he didnt think it was going in the right dirrection.

"Kane...is back. And we....well we have work to do." - some random quote that sounds coolish

It looks nice,but the guy that was playing with GDI was a noob.

common,who sends infantry at flame tanks??? :roll:

EA will maybe succeed in making a good C&C,but can ruin it with its (in)famous patches.Now they even gonna cut the ranking support for BF2 because Bf 2142 comes out(ZH will go dead when C&C3 comes ???)

the ingame vid looks very nice,and i dont think u really need a'high-end'pc.tanks looks very nice although those vertigo bombers looks a bit aurora style(stealth :roll: )

The guy or "n00b" as you refer him to was Apoc our community manager. The reason for sending infantry in at flame tanks was to demonstrate their power, as you saw shortly after. 2 tanks and they were gone.

Only a demo afterall. On the show floor they both played in exactly the same way every time to show what was going on. In private though, it was a slug fest as I'm sure Aaron would tell you... But he don't post here compared to every other C&C site on the web, a shame really.

So TSBO is suddenly our resident smarmy condescending "tech guy", eh? I suddenly feel the urge to tell you to get a life..... but am fighting it.

I mentioned the SAGE engine because it's how I see the whole system of the game. It's like the Steam engine- you link in your mind the total functioning of it, including the Havok physics. It all carries the "Steam" label.

A more accurate way to put it would be: "That's something that I'd love to see implemented with the SAGE engine." But you'd have to be a pretty bitter, self-righteous person to nitpick THAT badly, right?

Hmm.. Tech guy, eh? I like that, I'll take that title with honor actually.

Fighting it? I won't. You're an ass sometimes, I hope you know that.

I don't see people talk bout the steam engine the way you're saying either. I hear AI and crap. The engine does not mean how the computer acts. You can never stand to ****ing correct yourself. I admit when I am wrong, yet I've NEVER seen you say "Oh yea, you're right." or "That makes more sense." or anything REMOTELY close. Its not hard to admit your wrong... (And don't give me examples to damn grammar things were someone's corrected you and you admit, I mean something a bit more like this.)

Nitpick? I just said something you want to attack with dry-sarcastic posts.

Anyways... King..... Why doesn't APOC post here? Is there something he holds personally against us?

Good point King. Also APOC posted a thread on the C&C3 forums explaining the "n00b" gameplay and the fast pace. It is, after all, just a demo. Showcase the game in 15-30 mintues was the idea, so they did.

Hmm.. Tech guy, eh? I like that, I'll take that title with honor actually.
You do that. I know plenty of single mid-30s losers who feel the same way.

You can never stand to ****ing correct yourself. I admit when I am wrong, yet I've NEVER seen you say "Oh yea, you're right."
Clearly you didn't read my post. I have nothing to admit, because I KNOW that the AI system is separate from the graphics engine. There was no mistake on my part to admit. I know that you're desperate to claim victory here over a RIDICULOUS nitpick of yours, but really... GET A LIFE.

Listen kid, you need to learn your bounds. Watch it.

The guy or "n00b" as you refer him to was Apoc our community manager. The reason for sending infantry in at flame tanks was to demonstrate their power, as you saw shortly after. 2 tanks and they were gone.
power was indeed demostrated.poor infantry though :cry:

Its nice how the flame tanks just waste infantary... That is a nice change, as opposed to that crap where one tank would take forever to kill one little solider.