Sign in to follow this  
shadow_worrior

hey just lettin you know

thought everyone could do with some good news after findin out that cnc3 got canncelled (ha got u all he he he he) as some of the admin guys and a few others know http://www.shadowworrior.com is now online, i created the site myself entirely in photoshop and flash. so check it out. Eventually there will be some C&C stuff on there but at the moment its all tutorials

for some reason i keep looking at anyone who replys how many posts you have made and s**t i keep think that you all must sit at home or at school and post all day like i saw one guys on another forum and he had like 2000 post and he'd been a member for like 2 months i've been a member here for what like about the same and i've made like 10-20. goddamn :shock:

It just depends...most people post a whole lot when they first join, and then settle down, and check the forums 3-4 times a week :wink:

Guest Rabbit

Not to be rude, or mean, or anything, but, what is the general purpose of the site?

NO NOT RUDE AT ALL... ITS A TUTORIALS WEBSITE FOR FLASH, PHOTOSHOP AND DREAMWEAVER i'm a webdesigner, but i also love playing reagade and ra2

Guest Rabbit

Uhh, yeah, thanks for making it clear. :roll:

Just thought I'd point out that you seem to have a wide variety of downloads related to C&C, random TV shows, and random music, I fail to see that it has to do with tutorials for Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Sorry, but, I'm just being honest.

It's good that we still have people on this world that sacrifice some of their "precious" time to try to help others who may seek it (help I mean). Keep up the good work fellow traveler.

Hrm... too much Flash is a bad thing. Also, the HTML version doesn't work.

tree:WTF, whats wrong with the html version, (AND INTO CRUISE CONTROL) AND TOO MUCH FLASH IS A GOOD THING, there's more posible in flash than html, now don't confuse me i like to use html but the design needed flash not html with the tight angle cut buttons and the pop-ups for the about us, site map and privacy policy. :evil::twisted::evil:

tree:WTF, whats wrong with the html version, (AND INTO CRUISE CONTROL) AND TOO MUCH FLASH IS A GOOD THING, there's more posible in flash than html, now don't confuse me i like to use html but the design needed flash not html with the tight angle cut buttons and the pop-ups for the about us, site map and privacy policy. :evil::twisted::evil:

http://www.shadowworrior.com/html/ :roll:

IMO, wholly relying on Flash shows your lack of knowledge of CSS, HTML, PHP, and other markup and programming languages. Flash shows you have great graphical talents, and faintly familiar with limited ActionScript commands.

Pop-ups can be done easily in Javascript. They can even be done to where pop-up blockers will not block them. Anything that can be done with Flash can be done with some good old fashoned HTML, CSS, and maybe a bit of AJAX.

Flash is a good thing, except for those who have 53k connections or who suffer from epilectic seizures ;)

It's a personal and professional preference. Don't be offended.

Also, you should know I already don't like you, as most people tend to spell nouns correctly when used in their username and domain names :roll:

about the usermane and the domain name it all started wen i registered with hotmail and i typed in [email protected] but it had already been taken so i changed it from a to o shadow_worrior and so when i made the site i decided to stick with the trend i had going

Site looks very swish. But like others have said, might want to go a little easy on the flash content... ;)

oh and with the html version i've hit a small snag with the script and content fuctionallity, so i'm fixing it up, so all links to the html site are down i'm posting the error page tonight (gmt+10) so the link will be down till i can get it working properly.. sorry should have done it already but i've been shockingly busy with tafe and considering that i'm the only one working on it it could take a bit... AND I ALSO TAKE HIGH OFFENCE AT THE REMARK:

IMO, wholly relying on Flash shows your lack of knowledge of CSS, HTML, PHP, and other markup and programming languages. Flash shows you have great graphical talents, and faintly familiar with limited ActionScript commands.

I can use html php asp and... ok maybe the css programming language insult was true, but i'm fairlly proficiant with the others. the design worked better in flash i had to redo the nav bar and a couple of other things to get the look right in html/php.. i'll post the index page just for you hey seems i'm on dial-up and even with a clear cache the site loads in 10 seconds and for a flash site thats pretty good