Luk3us

Now Playing - Games

I got some Ace Combat 5 in yesterday at my friend's house, man its really been a long time for both of us, I actually got hit by an AMRAM in 1 vs 1

pitiful, though I did eventually win (barely)

Guest Auronguardian

I have been playing Lumines Live! and Call of Duty 2 these days.

Both win =D

replayed Ace Combat 5, Ace Combat Zero & Black

finished Marvel Superhero

replayed Ace Combat 5, Ace Combat Zero & Black

finished Marvel Superhero

Ace Combat Black?

Hostile Waters

A great RTS/ 3rd person hybrid this game. If you can find a copy of this in the bargin bin, grab it!

7646.jpg

Playing Neverwinter Nights again..

*must find Shadows of Undretide expansion*

Also playing Battlefield 2.. single play.. :D:D

still playin WoW as always but also Elder Scrolls 3 & 4

id like to know morea bout Hostile, King...including your opinion

Well without any doubt it's a surefire classic. It has unusual elements of play, but somehow it fuses together really well.

It's difficult to explain why I love it really, probably because it's execution is distinctly unique. I suppose it plays a bit like Renegade since it's more action orientated as opposed to RTS orientated. But both are without a doubt of equal importance. It's BattleZone, but a hell of a lot better!

In a nutshell this game focuses on a period in the future where world peace is attained, and War is something only seen in history books. But all that changes, and before long you become assigned to operate the battleship Antaeus which is risen from the seabed. The ship is a cross between an aircraft carrier, Battle cruiser, MCV and War factory in one.

From off-shore you can build aircraft, tanks and such, but you also have to harvest Metal to build such things. There's some of Micromanagement involved here since the harvester will not just wander around on land searching for materials. This is so it doesn't just wander into enemy territory and gets pwned!

When building units, you can assign AI chips to units to fight on their own, place different weapons, armour and other devices on at extra cost. Or go with the default and fly it yourself. you are also have complete control of an AI chipped vehicle in both RTS and 3rd person anytime you wish.

The game is quite deep, and in later levels requires some really thoughtful strategy and planning in approach to the scenarios you're given. It can be frustrating at times though, since some of the missions have quite a linear approach, but it doesn't detract from the game at all really.

In the UK this game was highly critically acclaimed and got Game of the Month in many magazines. It's got quite a damn solid story to it and some good voice acting in it as well. It's a real dark horse.

If you want an honest opinion. If this game had been hyped a hell of a lot more, and was released the same day as Red Alert 2, this game would simply have annihilated it. Even though they are not in the exact same Genre, this game is more strategically complex and without a doubt more fun than Red Alert 2.

Suck in any other info from Gamespot, this game is a world apart from other strategy titles: http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/hostile...sing/index.html

well since i've read your review and checked out some screenshots, i've decided that it may not be the game for me.

i may be missing something big here, but i did not see 'it.'

the explanation sounded good and the concept did, but i found a certain necessary lack of graphics and 1st/3rd person action in the screenshots.

am i missing something KING of kings?

You have to remember this game came out in 2001, the graphics aren't going to be uber great, even on a top system. But graphics are nothing anyway, I really don't understand the mentality that graphics are a big part of a game, they're not.

The game play is undoubtedly what counts. This comes within the bucketload. And let's be honest here, you can pick it up for the price of a burger these days. So what are ya gonna lose?

true, if i see it i will purchase it :P

but my point on the graphics was that i expected something at the level of renegade. in the screenshots it looked like it came out before 2001, either that or my timing is off.

you are right that graphics come second to gameplay, but i didn't disagree on that. in a game, i expect realistic graphics but nothing groundbreaking. the realism adds to the gameplay....its like cooking with spices.. :lol:

EDIT: ive been playing YR with deeZire mod...i miss my CSS :evil: ..and im returning my FABLE because my computer sucks and i am not going to be upgrading anytime soon

it sounds pretty cool in fact. I doubt I'd be able to find it lying around out here somewhere though

Guest Auronguardian

I have offically been sucked back into the neverending black hole that is World of Warcraft.

Only game I get to play these days is Cybernations... I don't have enough time to play anything else. :(

i played some texas hold'em and blackjack tonight...love 'em both

btw i played the games with real people,and real cards and chips.. :P