Luk3us

Now Playing - Games

Finally a game that can keep me playing for more than one run: Escape from Monkey Island.

Escape from monkey island? I'm sorry did you just jump in a time machine and travel back to the nineties? :P

Why not? They're the only games worth playing over and over.

^That.

I consider oldies to be goldies. I rarely play newer games.

Nostalgia, eh?

Just got back from a DotA online (Garena) practice session. Tourneys coming up; practice is important. >:D

Going to play a little bit of Guild Wars to wash of the torrents of team planning running through my head.

It's not nostalgia. Actually, I'm playing EFMI for the first time :P

But can you really make games that can replace (g)oldies like Red Alert 2, Age of Mythology, MI Series, ST: Armada 1, ST: Elite Force 1 and 2, Thief, No One Lives Forever... ?

No sir, you can't. What we see today are games that are cloning each other and are made just to look nice and bring money to the company.

I am playing Descent Freespace: The Great War. A classic space combat sim.

Yep. I mean, the games that establish themselves in a field as a definitive title will be impossible to replace. Just look at SCI. Even it's like, what, about 12 years old (it'll be 12 alright, on the 31st of March), we still see people playing it. I mean, even with SCII already out and making a bang, SCI still holds, and will hold, its fanbase. That's how classics are.

But I digress. Just finished another daily online DotA practice on Garena, coming of a clean 5-0 games. >:D

Gonna play Freelancer again (I blame you, Malovolpe, for bringing up space combat).

Dragon Age 2 - This game just keeps going... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not...

It's a good thing if it's fun. >:D

About halfway done in the Freelancer campaign. Getting tired with all the side missions... Repetitive bull****.

Mirroring EFMI and Call of Duty 2 (with a Croatian language mod)

Just got the Sunday Driver medal. In other words, I ran over 15 people in Halo: Reach. >:D

I am a bad driver.

Finished Dragon Age II, I dislike 'cliff hanger' endings, for once I'd like a game to completely end, tie up all the lose ends and just end. Alas. Roll on the mandatory DLC...

Play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It has a real ending. LOL.

Playing Guild Wars to finish the Prophecies campaign again.

Currently playing Half Life (the original one). Got tired of Blue Shift and Opposing Force so I went even more backwards through the good old days. :P

Play Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It has a real ending. LOL.

Yeah, that's the thing about those open world games once the final quest is done, there isn't really anything left to do. Well except go on a country wide killing spree... Its so much more quiet now... ^_^

Guest Stevie_K
Yeah, that's the thing about those open world games once the final quest is done, there isn't really anything left to do.

Grind endless streams of complicated achievements? :P

"There goes the neighborhood."

Or kingdom, if you really want to exterminate humanity. But hey, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is pretty long. And I mean VERY long. Plus there are a lot of side quests and mods that give it a ton of replayability... Although some of those mods are... Ahem. Questionable.

Now playing... Well, actually, not playing. I'm making an assignment. >:D

Finished playing Two Worlds II. Haven't even touched my copy of Dragon Age II yet.

Two Worlds II, great name. Good game?

Will be going out of the house for a DotA LAN practice downtown. >:D

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Two Worlds II, great name. Good game?

Voices still sound like robots but the game is actually playable, unlike the first game.

MOH: Airborne. Fun game... controls are a little bit awkward. Just finished Bad Company 2 again, and Homefront the other day. Homefront was short, but satisfying.

MOH: Airborne. Fun game... controls are a little bit awkward.

That game is awesome. And yes, the parachute thing is just weird.