Luk3us

Now Playing - Games

Its OK, I think the first one was miles better than the current iteration.

Battlefield 3 Premium.

Sigh I was dissappointed with the multiplayer experience. Origin is terrible. Battlelog is terrible, buggy and restrictive. When stats become somehow important, hackers and cheaters are unleashed. Insta-kills, see through walls, illuminating skins to see enemy more clearly, FXAA injectors, etc etc. That'll be the last FPS shooter game I'll buy for the sake of multiplayer experience.

Not to mention people who rent servers and abuse them badly. Sigh, losers.

Edited by Malevolence

Got Max Payne III today, busy installing now.

You know what is funny? It came on FOUR discs! FOUR!!! Crazy. :P

That qualifies for a dual layer Blu-ray disc. Since each dual layer DVD takes about 10-15 minutes to copy files, I bet the installation is a painful one hour plus. It took me at least 30 minutes to install GTAIV from two dual layer DVDs.

If I bought a Blu-ray version of Max Payne III, the time it takes to install will be less than half the time.

Edited by zocom7

Battlefield 3 Premium.

Sigh I was dissappointed with the multiplayer experience. Origin is terrible. Battlelog is terrible, buggy and restrictive. When stats become somehow important, hackers and cheaters are unleashed. Insta-kills, see through walls, illuminating skins to see enemy more clearly, FXAA injectors, etc etc. That'll be the last FPS shooter game I'll buy for the sake of multiplayer experience.

What the hell is Premium over just Battlefield 3?

That qualifies for a dual layer Blu-ray disc. Since each dual layer DVD takes about 10-15 minutes to copy files, I bet the installation is a painful one hour plus. It took me at least 30 minutes to install GTAIV from two dual layer DVDs.

If I bought a Blu-ray version of Max Payne III, the time it takes to install will be less than half the time.

Sure, the technical appeal is great. Demographics and sales? Not so much. Not many PC gamers have blu-ray drives in their computer (I don't), they're expensive. Everyone has DVD drives, plus digital downloads are booming more than blu-ray is and ever will. It would be absolutely stupid from a business standpoint imo

Battlefield 3 Premium.

But, you're of royal blood surely such issues do not plague you mi'lord? :P

Seriously though, I don't see BF3 as being any worse than other FPS games I've played, you're always have morons killing it for everyone else. How is CQ?

What the hell is Premium over just Battlefield 3?

Ever heard of Activision's Call of Duty franchise decided to some subscription thing called COD ELITE? Basically if you sign up with additional cash, you become a special COD player with more access to weapons and maps and some not so important stuff like skins etc. It's pretty profiting and EA also wants a larger slice of the same pie. So, Battlefield 3 at the moment wasn't really complete, even with the Back To Karkand DLC that was included for quite a number of people during pre-orders etc. DICE recently announced there will be additional 4 DLCS. EA pushed the idea of having special COD ELITE concept and viola Battlefield 3 Premium was born. The reason some of us decided to buy it, particularly me, is that after playing BF3 for quite a long while we need something new, new maps to play with and new weapons. Premium package is supposedly a "cheaper" alternative because it comes with not just the "Premium" BS, but also includes all the DLCs at a lesser price point than buying separate DLCs alone. The upgrade cost about the same as buying BF3 itself.

The Premium thing has sparked tons of hatred and a clear split among the Battlefield community. Players who refused to get Premium argued that its not fair because they paid for BF3 these stuff should be included free for everyone. Some even argued that it's segregating the rich players and the poor players. Some servers, the loser admins, even went to the extent and banned any users who played in their servers and were recognized as Premium players. Quite childish isn't it?

But, you're of royal blood surely such issues do not plague you mi'lord? :P

Seriously though, I don't see BF3 as being any worse than other FPS games I've played, you're always have morons killing it for everyone else. How is CQ?

Close quarters, I'm very mixed about it. It does feel quite COD-ish actually, with better graphics. The maps were bigger than what you thought by looking at the trailers. The destruction is pretty cool. Some new weapons are okay but some needs fixing. For e.g. M5K is pretty much a pea shooter and accuracy is way off. If you aim at someone's head the bullet shoot more to the left and not onto the head. It's pretty underpowered and need serious fixing, especially if this gun is the most difficult and the last gun to be unlocked in the assignments. Gun Master mode is alright but if you start from the middle where everyone progressed halfway you may be in for a hard time. Imagine u are using a gun ur rivals are already using shotguns and rifles. I encountered some weird bugs and hopefully it can be rectified soon. Invisible guns, minimap to me is broken, yea.. oh well, story of my life.

Star Trek: Armada in singleplayer and multiplayer.

On the last level of Max Payne III.

Dead Space - Kim Jong Ill approves :)

Haven't finished Max Payne III, lost motivation. :(

Still playing BF3 from time to time, have to drag my ass back to Mass Effect III, eventually to see the 'improved' endings, and last but not least. The Walking Dead episode 2 comes out at the end of the week, that should be good. ;)

Trying to play Isaac, whenever I have time. This game is legendary. Seriously, pick it up in the next Steam sale, you won't regret it. Also get the DLC while you're at it, it adds a ridiculous amount of content.

Finally quit playing the YugiOh GBA/NDS games for good and retire playing the small gaming devices.

I am still looking forward to play the 3 Deus Ex games in order, now I got all three to play with.

Universe at War: Earth Assault. Why did I miss this before?

No it doesn't ^_^

The Walking Dead

Episode one and two are out now, the remaining three in the next few months. Its click and point adventure type game, with, of course zombies. :D

Guest Stevie_K

Why bother with point and click when you can have the full zombie experience in DayZ ? ;)

Because I like point and click adventure games. :D

Speaking of 'point and click', just finished Myst 4: Revelation a couple of days ago.

Shockingly awesome game if you ask me!

Guest Stevie_K

Because I like point and click adventure games. :D

Point and click won't take you far when zombies take over the world! B)

Heroes of Might & Magic III Complete. Anyone who has a copy of this is welcome to challenge me (no worries, I'm a n00b ;) )