Luk3us

Now Playing - Games

I'm still hooked on 8 Bit series, playing on the lowest possible graphics settings until I can buy a cheap nasty ASUS video card.

• Upvote 1

On 08/04/2017 at 2:52 AM, Sonic said:

Would you say C&C4 works better as a mobile game compared to it's bigger PC counterpart?

It has some issues due to technical limitations, but I'd say its better in some regards. Units are purchased, not just built (except for the AI, which just spawns them). Support powers work more like they do in the traditional C&C games. The missions are mostly shorter with smaller maps and actually have some variety. It's way better than Tiberium Wars Mobile, and with some refinement could have made for an interesting spin-off title.

So Duke Nukem 3D did have a 20th anniversary edition as a world tour edition, with five (instead of four) episodes. While Gearbox did the modification of the game, everything in the game is great (including real music, sounds and Duke's speeches) except for the lack of high resolution textures in an upgraded 3D engine. Sadly, you cannot buy it in GOG.com for now (but the guys there are trying to get every Duke Nukem game back into GOG for new licensing permits) but it's available in Steam with that s*** DRM. However that modified game isn't worth $19.99 USD.

Of course you can still get the eduke32 executable as well as the high resolution pack for Duke3D for free to combine with this world tour edition.

On 08/04/2017 at 0:42 AM, TaxOwlbear said:

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Mobile. For the greater good.

So I can see the page at the store, but I can't download it. I'm a sucker for punishment...

6 hours ago, Gben said:

So I can see the page at the store, but I can't download it. I'm a sucker for punishment...

It's a Java-based mobile game, so it can be played on an emulator. I recommend Kemulator, which is probably the best Java mobile game emulator.

The game itself can be found on various websites. Be aware that the game has different versions for different resolutions and phone OSs e.g. if you want to play it in 360x240 on a (emulated) Nokia, you need the game version with those settings. Most site will have multiple version because of this. Just run the game files through antivirus software after you download it (I like to run them through Virustotal.com).

So I played a little bit of Saint's Row 2 and 3.... and oh my, the gameplay is even more crazier than GTA games. It's Mafia Wars meets GTA.

While Saint's Row 2 has some framerate issues and terrible vehicle controlling (unless you use mods for it), it's still a great game nonetheless.

Saint's Row 3 is probably the best of all Saints games, better graphics and better vehicle controlling, but the game map and environment are similar to GTA III.

Why Saint's Row 2 & 3 are better than GTA:
1) Better customization
2) Better weapons and vehicles (and you can even upgrade them)
3) At the start, you can be a character of any type, male or female
4) You can own properties to gain money, just like Mafia Wars
5) A better complete freeway system in SR2 (no GTA seems to have one except GTA V)

I bought Half Life 2 and it runs just fine on my AMD A-10. I've got one of those awful $50 USD graphics cards - only because it supports 1440p resolution. Anyway, even that does the trick. Old games FTW.

Christ I had an A-10. Throttles any GPU that CPU did. Would hate to know how it would run Player Unknown's Battlegrounds if I still had it. Since that's all I seem to play since it was released.

Yes, people successfully remade and ported GTA III Liberty City, GTA San Andreas and even GTA V Lost Santos in GTA IV as mods. The problem with GTA V Los Santos in GTA IV is that it couldn't expand the entire map due to the engine's limitations so only the Los Santos area is completed but takes too much system resources, leading to crashes.

Yes, even people successfully remade and ported GTA IV Liberty City and GTA V Los Santos in GTA San Andreas: 

Download: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B4gTzNzbQHKwVngyWGQ5UzRHdTg&export=download

Because it's still in beta, the Los Santos streets and objects are similar to the one in GTA V Los Santos in GTA IV, meaning only Los Santos is finished. Liberty City is also finished. This mod is perfect for people with low-end PCs with weak graphic cards (like I used a GeForce GT 220 for that).

Unlike GTA V Los Santos in GTA IV, it appears both Liberty City and Los Santos are in the same map within GTA SA. The difference is using way less system resources and it loads quickly. However, there's one problem. The objects do not load as quickly as you drive through the map. When it comes to Los Santos, it needs hundreds of thousands of objects to load and to be visible at a time.... only if you are using low quality and resolution graphics and minimal view distance. The people who did this project must have used high resolution LOD on those objects and I was surprised when I saw the quality in GTA SA, almost compared to GTA IV!

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Currently playing Westwood's Blade Runner adapted from the movie. The gameplay reminds me of Sierra's Police Quest 4.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Finally finished playing the Mass Effect Trilogy. 

However IMO (here comes the spoilers)...

The gameplay of ME2 was shorter than the medium playthrough of ME1. The ME3 gameplay with DLC was much longer than ME1/ME2 combined. At least ME3 did not require any manual hacking skills. ME1 was the only ME game with unlimited ammo and with little auto health regeneration.

In what was supposed to be the best game series for Unreal Engine 3 turned out to be a sad ending in ME3. The main character made a heroic sacrifice in 3 of the 4 choice endings. Only the "destroy" ending led to the somewhat survival of the main character. It was a poorly executed "Deus Ex" style ending by Bioware. No wonder why the ending(s) was so criticized and flawed in so many ways. The character should choose depending on his/her reputation (and having a large army size) throughout the game. There shouldn't be an AI Catalyst dialogue at all. Instead someone else (like EDI) should tell the main character to choose.

the walkthrough was slow and tedious and even dialogue(s) can't be bypassed through with the spacebar. But I bet Bioware took a page out of Deus Ex Human Revolution and add in more cutscenes in each of the four choice endings from the extended cut DLC. Even there was a YouTube clip called "How Mass Effect 3 Should Have Ended". Since the Mass Effect Trilogy does support mods, even different mod ending versions of ME3 including the "ME3 Happy Ending Mod" were released.

Pros: outstanding gameplay and stories (except the ME3 ending), plays like Star Trek meets Deus Ex
Cons: weak ending(s) in ME3 (no enemy boss to kill), fewer upgrades/weapons and a shorter game in ME2, terrible vehicle controls in ME1

My rating: 91% (for the trilogy)

I've got Oblivion on my piece of junk PC. It runs okay, I found that you need the max draw distance to navigate properly, especially to see the towers in the Planes of Oblivion. Graphics for trees is cut right back for me. I had Oblivion on Xbox 360 back in the day and obviously the port sucked hard. The battle outside the Great Gate caused frames to drop on console. On PC it's still slow due to my hardware but that's okay, oblivion is only $30 and I've learned to get by on basic hardware.

I have a High Elf but I failed to gain levels because I didn't use restoration and one other thing, so my level is somewhat stunted lol. When I played Oblivion on Xbox 360 back in 2010-2012 I had no idea how to play the game. When I first played I had a sneaking character and I wondered why I couldn't deal any damage when wielding a war hammer. I also failed to understand the importance of 'traits', 'major skills' and 'minor skills'. When you level up you need to level up the traits which govern your major skills, at least that's how I see it now. Today I increased my Heavy Armour skill, which is only a minor skill - the skill increased because I was wearing iron boots in combat. I also realised that my Kvatch Cuirass does not cover my characters underwear, I zoomed out when in the menu and I saw the problem. When I first played (years ago) I had no clothes on my character. I thought it was hilarious, having my character do everything in his knickers. I think it might reduce your character's reputation (speechcraft) but I don't know. It's a funny thought, at most. It's best to wear things because of extra abilities plus the player should be upskilling by using various armour types.

Picked up Infinite Warfare again. Surprisingly fun game. The space theme is actually cool as hell.

Also got Starcraft Remastered. Classic action with a fresh coat of paint. And classic VOs.

oh yeah, I tried to by SC:R but my credit card bounced and haven't had a chance to breathe and try again. busy busy busy.

Finished all story missions and activities (apart from a few holiday-themed Genki challenges) in Saints Row IV + story DLCs. That's such a good series. And that's coming from someone who didn't like sandboxes before.

I finished Titanfall2 this week, had an absolute blast in SP. Haven't tried MP, I would probably be extremely outclassed because I suck at parkour. Enjoying Slime Rancher on the xbox, and currently trying to get all the achievements... I'm at ~47 of 57 or something like that.

Back to Starcraft: Remastered. Unfortunetly, Blizzard raised the system requirements and game runs not as smoothly as it was on my Asus K50IJ back in the days with 1.16 patch.

Never knew the COD Infinite Warfare soundtrack was composed by a beautiful female nerd.... and that's a first in the COD series. She also composed some music in Assassin's Creed IV and Unity. Her music like all other recent composers are dark and haunting.

Also I wonder if anyone has played Call of Duty WWII. It's the first COD since COD2 Big Red One to return to the roots of normal gameplay. (yay for no health regeneration! ^_^) However the gameplay must rely to work together as a team like any other RPG strategy games with teams.

Currently playing KKND (Krush Kill and Destroy). A fun game compared to C&C95.

There's one unit that's similar to the released source code of that RA3 Mumakil (you know the BFME Mumakil with the mammoth tank twin cannons). On the Evolved faction, it's the War Mastodon: http://kknd.wikia.com/wiki/War_mastodon_(KKnD)

Looked at the COD WWII walkthrough videos, nothing but a reboot of the first Call of Duty game and its expansion pack. No Captain Price this time though.

Also it appears that Black Ops 4 might be coming this year thanks to James Harden's new hat? (via ESPN tweet: https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/971179184776187911 )jamesharden.png

Finally playing a bit of GTA V except one problem, it's RAM intensifying. No matter if you use a 16 GB virtual RAM as a pagefile or use an extremely very low settings and low resolution mod regardless of your PC, the game still lags after a few minutes of playing.

Playing quite a lot of Stronghold Crusader with a bit of Stronghold vanilla on the sides. How FireFly Studios managed to squander the potentials of every single sequel to these games is beyond me.