Sign in to follow this  

I have used FinalAlert and TibEd for years to create many mods, but never felt the need for any XCC programs until lately when I realized to make what I wanted, I needed to import no-longer existing TS units and cameos. I was surprised at what I had been lacking for so long in what XCC has to offer, but other than sections scattered throughout the internet world, I didn't see any intructions on how to use this. I at first attempted to figure it out the same way I tought myself how to use FinalAlert and TibEd - through trial and error, but unfortunately, all I managed to do was crash it multiple times.

Basically what I need is a manual for the uses of XCC. I don't like having to scour the internet trying to find each detail. Of course if one is included with my XCC download and I was too stupid to find it, it would also help if someone would point out where that is located.

There's not much to XCC. Just run it and it should load up your MIX files.

Don't try to do anything else while it loads, else it will crash AND don't put it in your /RA2/ directory, else it will crash.

If you learned via trial and error, you should have no problems learning this as well.

Well I hate to ask further, at risk of sounding like a noob, but I only have experience in map editing and unit tweaking through the use of existing images, UINames, etc.

All these 'xif', 'shp', etc. things are new concepts I have never had to bother with before. Although it is true enough that I am figuring out XCC on my own (even since the last posting), it is too slow for me to waste time with these days as I have to work.

I don't really want to be yet another one of those people asking how to transfer cameos and voxels when that is pretty much exactly what I want to know... it sounds noobyish (and I don't need anyone saying everyone has to start sometime, because it still sounds noobyish whether that may be so or not... and besides, I'm by no means new to modding, just XCC).

...I suppose, however, that a manual for XCC does not exist than?

There's no manual for XCC but SHP, XIF, voxel and such are ALL modding terms and definitions for those can be found around the modding community... in great detail I might add. Browse around PPM and ModEnc, and you should be fine. Revora also has a slew of tutorials in the RA2 modding section, many of which will answer your questions.