Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Response to C&C/MCV Doubters

Command & Conquer is and always will be recognised as a game franchise that defined a genre. What Doom did for First Person shooters, C&C has done for the RTS and more. But unfortunately, like Doom 3, C&C 3 will not find it easy being the game that'll set the standards for games to come. All because of the competition out there nowadays. What made Doom 3 good though was the trip back to nostalgia. Doom was unique for its run and gun and nothing else gameplay. Many FPS Games followed a different route but Doom 3 stuck to basics, and was loved by many people. C&C has no reason for one second to follow the bandwagon mainstream. Back to basics roots and following what it does best is what C&C is all about. If you want a sci-fi SCV over MCV game, there are plenty of others out there to go and pick up. But C&C is staying MCV for the foreseeable future, and I for one, regardless of being a veteran, am proud that EA chose C&C to remain unique in this fashion.

Guest Rabbit

Wait, are you talking about Mobile Construction Vehicles? Cause I'm confused as hell.

Wait, are you talking about Mobile Construction Vehicles? Cause I'm confused as hell.

Du'h? ;)

Good post King.

Great post. It sums up what a lot of us have been thinking.

The MCV was created for C&C, and it shall remain C&C

Why people complain, I dont know. n00blets, they are :D

yes, good post King.

MCV FTW. :)

QFT.

LOL @ teh acronyms.

Is this in reaction to what the so called true "pro players" found in these forums think about the direction C&C 3 should be going in?

yeah, I could have made that a little clearer.

hmm i have never been to those forums before and i never will again

sad, C&C fans ruin C&C

This was in a thread about EA focusing on Singleplayer and not putting all their time into multiplayer

MCVs might be C&C, but I really enjoyed the mobility dozers gave me in ZH :2c:

So they keep the dozers in the Generals (maybe even another timeline, but not under hte C&C name)

Space Construction Vehicle

It's the Terran unit in Starcraft. Now a generic term commonly used to describe any construction unit that builds multiple structures, as opposed to an MCV which is described as a unit that is only ever used once to build a structure.

You mean like in RA2 where the MCV build defense structures and tech structures at the same time....sounds like more than one to me