Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New Look for CNCNZ.com - Is Here Now!

The Remix layout is about to be replaced.

I have new layout coded for CNCNZ.com. Its a return to tradition, and streamlined..... a fancy way of saying a few things have been given the chop or changed ;)

One major change will be the daily news updates, they will be done via the forums. Thats why you can see the new news forum at http://forums.cncnz.com/viewforum.php?f=27, this will hopefully encourage more direct discussion of news, something we don't get alot of with our current news system.

About 90% of the site's links to various sections will be changed, meaning if you have bookmarked any particular area of the site the link will probably be broken.

The new colours are very different to what you see now, but before you go all crazy they are not bright like the first version of the Remix design from June/July. I'm not sure how to describe the new look colours other than they look good (well to me they do) and they just work well.

C&C King has already seen what the new site looks like, he was more that pleased.

So when can you expect this new look site? Best guess would be sometime in the next 24-48 hours, could be a bit longer. As always the forums will be updated with a new colour scheme as well.

Guest Rabbit

Cool, can't wait to see it. :wink:

While you may miss a few things, but we are not budging on this one :haha:

But seriously I believe everyone will love it. Long term visitors definately will, cos the new layout has that "back to roots" feel about it, while totally updating itself in a different direction not seen for many years.

My first impression of this layout was that it's "Got Juice!" Which, I've just realised a Tesla Trooper in RA1 once said. So there's a clue to those who view this thread pre-launch :wink:

Go back to Remix. The new looks just doesn't fit CNCNZ... I don't know what it is but it's just... off. =

Sorry Sonic but this one isn't a winner.

It's a good change. It's not the classic CNCNZ blue, but I do like it.

apart from the font page news i cant see any difference

If you want it on the forums, go to Profile>>Board Syle>>cncnzV8 :wink:

I don't like the font for the V8 forum style. Its too narrow looking.

Go back to Remix. The new looks just doesn't fit CNCNZ... I don't know what it is but it's just... off. =

Sorry Sonic but this one isn't a winner.

The Remix design has been retired, its time to move on. If you don't like that is fine. I won't be changing the entire site back again. As for the forums you have a choice of colours available.

If you want it on the forums, go to Profile>>Board Syle>>cncnzV8 :wink:

As mentions in the other thread, the cncnzV8 style is available now, I'm still tweaking things though.

I don't like the font for the V8 forum style. Its too narrow looking.

I've increased the font sizes a bit.

I like the new colour scheme - it's actually a somewhat return to the TSNNZ colour scheme (or at least close).

Sonic - do you have screenshots of the site and all of it's iterations? I reckon it would be cool to have a then and now page, showing screenshots of the site and the layouts it has gone through since the beggining.

Btw, has anyone else encountered the fact that clicking "View posts since last visit" always returns nothing (even though there have been new posts), ever since the new layout?

Sonic - do you have screenshots of the site and all of it's iterations? I reckon it would be cool to have a then and now page, showing screenshots of the site and the layouts it has gone through since the beggining.

We have some screen shots of the old layouts posts on the History page. I should be adding a couple more soon.

Btw, has anyone else encountered the fact that clicking "View posts since last visit" always returns nothing (even though there have been new posts), ever since the new layout?

I never use that but I just tried it and it showed me 17 unread threads all dated 26th October

Also, when will the Files system be back up completely?

The complete recoding of the Files section is almost done. Only the Zero Hour and C&C3 section to be completed. The Generals section took forever due to all the maps. I should be able to upload the Files section in the next 24 hours.