Sign in to follow this  
dreamboxx

new tread for RA2 install only use this. EXPERTS READ

Hello

been reading about this install problem in ra2, and cant find a solution. there is many forums and houndred of people that have the same problem, and i think its time to get this in one tread and forum.

read that people is tired hearing about this problem too. thats why i would like to use one tread of this problem.

yhe problem is that everytime people touch the instalkl button in the meny, they get that message setup.exe need to close sorry for ...

the solution for this is to right click and win compatible. it works for somebody, but for most people, it dosnt.

someone else wrote that people should turn off the message by right click my comp, but that doesent do anything for the setup.exe

since there is hundreds of people who seems to have the same problem, why isnt there a solution to this? by the company ore wise minds reading of this problem.

its a game that many people will play for years, if they only could get a solution for the install problem. know there is issues about other things to, but i want to get the install problem a solution first.

at the same time i want to say that i want people who use this tread to have a copy of this game that is not downloaded and a key that is their own.

sorry my english, not often i write other than norwegian.

thanks for reading this file about the game.

Guest Rabbit

Sorry man, but everybody has a different problem of their own. While it's a good concept, we can't limit every individual problem to one specific thread.

i also believe this idea has been mentioned numinous times through this forum, and by me a lot, but it is good that it is placed up here, but EA have done something about it it is called "The First Decade" :wink:

Sorry man, but everybody has a different problem of their own. While it's a good concept, we can't limit every individual problem to one specific thread.

We could compile a list of issues and resolutions and sticky it.

I have been surfing a lot of forums with exactly the same problem, but I found a fixed buried in one site!!!

Firtst you must boot your computer in safe mode, (press and hold F8 as XP boots, if you have a partition tool, press as soon as it has passed the partition screen).

Then enter a administrator account (not limited) and try to install the game, When the Red Alert 2 install window loads and you press the install button, it will seem like nothing happens.

You now reboot the computer, and when you try to install again it will work.

I now have a problem trying to register to play on the internet, but this may be a problem I have.

Hope this helps.

dont let it auto run, run it from mycomp, and tell it to run in compatability for win 98

once installed, double check your disk drive and make sure that its set back to NOT run anything in compatability mode, and then just right click the RA2 shortcut on your desktop and tell it to run in compatability for win98.

That does not always work, I tried that and it didn't. If the same is happening to you my way is a fix.

most fixes do not always work, as is true with yours as well.