Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

New Look for CNCNZ.com

A short a simple news post for those who haven't noticed the new look for CNCNZ.com. I've written a guide to the new layout so you can get an idea of the changes. Please feel free to comment on our new look by posting a comment on this update. By the way, news comments are now part of our forums.

Please note that our Files Section is currently offline. Due to the major changes to the site it needs some extra work to bring it up to date.

Its red! :o

I like it. :nod:

Now you need a forum style that reflects the main page.

New forum style will come soon.

The original design of V8 was more red, I turned it down to the colours we have now.

Hell, it looks a lot like that old scheme some time ago, which crased IE users :P

I like :)

I sense Sonic's Eager new Alliance to the Brotherhood of Nod Somehow :P

Blue will probably be the colour of the Scrin, and since they are new boys to the dangerous world of the Tiberium wars, I'm kinda guessing Sonic wanted to play it safe.

But seriously, I'm glad people are liking the new layout and theme. I've put alot of faith into Sonic's work here, and it's paying off :D

Hell, it looks a lot like that old scheme some time ago, which crased IE users :P

I like :)

WOW! You remember that layout? For the record the one that crashed IE all the time was this one.....

history_cncnz_concept_s.jpg

And now that I think about it our new design reminds me of this one from 1998, well the colours do anway.....

history_tsnnz_s.jpg

I'm not feeling it... Give me a couple days... Its so very hard for a conservative. <_<

woh i love the V8 look rock on i so want to put my forum style that way :D

and wow i forgot about TSNNZ that is quite a while ago i loved that look but the new look is way better. 8)

Early reaction to the new style has been positive. I'm pleased with the overall outcome of it. For those who are having trouble adjusting just give to some time. Your forget that I'm so used it because I've been working with it for the past 7 days.

I can visit every site around the C&C community and find things I don't like about it, but in the end its the webmaster's call as to how they want their site to look.

I like the integrated news/forums too...

Integrated news /forum was the best feature. The layout is good, although I also liked the blue one. One cool thing that it used to have was that game tracker thing... but, nice job with the new look, Sonic :).

0_o didn't notice the tracker was gone...I liked that thing :P

One cool thing that it used to have was that game tracker thing...

The Game Tracker is coming back, don't worry ;)

Hey I've been calling for a dark green tiberiumish layout.....but this one is waaayy better than what I had envisioned. NICE work. I like it. A lot.

I'm 70% done with the recoded files section. Its taken a while to transfer the tracking database over to the new script and change all the info on the download pages.

I done the C&C, RA, RA2, YR, TS and Renegade sections. Just the Generals, Zero Hour and and C&C3 sections to go.

Good :nod: I was waiting for the Renegade one, anyway :)

Uh, after I checked, I get a 404 here

Good :nod: I was waiting for the Renegade one, anyway :)

Uh, after I checked, I get a 404 here

I have the different sections recoded and ready to be uploaded, the files are not on the server at all yet.

Just so you all know once its uploaded the Files section will still look like it before, its a recoding of the tracking system and structure of the pages etc....