Sign in to follow this  
JakeRadden

Should I Make this mod? (Continue on it / work on it)

Well, your opinion please.  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Let me help!

Let me point something out:

Although I'm using TibEd, it's because I'm completely inexperienced and have no idea how to really edit by hand. Sure, I've done the standard "Lolol give oil derricks 159365021508248 hp and 20 cannons" but I've never really learned to do stuff correctly. Anyone that would be willing to teach me anything about it I'd be extemely grateful to.

Also, let me say that I'm not an idiot. I will most likely quickly learn how to do this stuff; I'm a programmer by nature and know a fair number of programming languages, so it shouldn't be THAT hard to teach me. :D

Well, to start with, let me say this. As it is now, this wil not contain any new unit graphics. I'm too lazy, and too inexperienced, to make them. Although I'd gladly take anyone on willing to do so. I'm not sure when I will, if I even do, finish this mod, and to be clear: the stuff below is a first draft. The full draft, when I finish it, will be much, much larger, with many more new units.

Also, if this has already been done, I'll try to keep it fresh any way I can - just give me ideas. I'm mostly making this with TibEd, and manually, however, soon, I'm planning on starting to make new cameos for the units. (Since it'd be a little confusing to have 5 of the same cameos that are all different versions of the Titan.)

Additionally: All names are not finial. Hopefully. They're kinda stupid names right now.

EDIT: Added the stuff I've done in the last hour. Well, thought up. I haven't started working yet. (Other than adding a couple of weapons.)

By the way, I'm looking for new sounds - lots of sounds. All kinds; cannon fire, machinegun fire, etc. If anyone can help, I'd be glad to get it.

Welcome to Tiberian Sun - Firestorm: Expanded Version .1 BETA. This mod for Tiberian Sun - Firestorm currently includes a large number of changes, including, but not limited to, the following:

1. New Units (FUll listing under "Units")

2. New Weapons (Full listing under "Weapons")

2. Balance Changes

3. New Buildings (Not yet implemented)

4. More upgrades for both GDI and NOD (Not Implemented)

5. New base Defences for both GDI and NOD (Not Implemented)

Plus more to come.

For now, the only changes that have been made are some of the new units, and balance changes, along with many tweaks to all stats for the game. My main idea for this mod is to take existing cameos and animations and crap, since I'm altogether too lazy to make more, and allow players to build different levels of units - for instance, the Titan Lite will carry only a 90mm cannon, have less hitpoints, a slightly shorter sight, and cost much less than a standard titan, but the Titan Ultima carries a pair of 148mm Cannon (New Weapon, by the way), has nearly double the HP of a standard titan, and is slightly slower, at a massive price tag. This allows players to build different versions of units for any situation, and leads to many more defensive and offensive ideas for both sides.

Balance, as of now, is not my main concern, so one side may be much more powerful than the other, but you can always hit me with an e-mail at [email protected] and suggest any changes you see that might help.

Made with: TibEd V1.62

Section A: Units

Note: Names are still being worked on.

New units include:

Titan Lite - GDI's response to NOD's lower-cost units, the Titan Lite is a stripped-down version of a standard Titan. Armarment: 1 90mm Cannon

Titan Pro - An upgrade on the Titan, the Titan Pro is a beefed-up version of the titan that can deal with deployed Tick Tanks. Armarment: 1 144mm Cannon (New Weapon)

Titan Ultima - The same secret-weapons project that produced the Mammoth Mk. II produced this; the most powerful version of the Titan to ever take the field. Armarment: 2 144mm Cannon, at Elite, 1 144mm Cannon + 1 RailCannon (Both new weapons).

Tick Tank Lite - In response to GDI's new lines of units, NOD has also produced a Lite version of the Tick Tank. Armarment: 1 75mm Cannon.

Tick Tank Pro - Once again responding to GDI, this new Tick Tank carries a larger bite than the original. Armarment: 1 100mm Cannon. Elite: 1 100mm Cannon, 1 120mm Cannon

Tick Tank Ultima - One of CABAL's bastard plans, the Ultima Tick Tank is a deadly killer than can take on anything GDI can throw at it. Armarment: 2 120mm Cannon. Elite: 1 120mm Cannon, 1 Light Rail Cannon

Tick Tank Rock - Developed by commanders needing more steadfast base defences, the Tick Tank Rock is an up-armored, heavy-firepower base defence on tracks. Armarment: 1 Long-Range 100mm Cannon. Elite: 1 Long-Range 120mm Cannon.

Wolverine Pro - Light GDI forces have been forever plagued by groups of attack buggies that are faster than Wolverines. GDI has implemented a new, more powerful, version of the wolverine. the Wolverine Pro. Armarment: 2 20mm Autocannon

Wolverine Ultima - Yet another offshoot from "Operation O", the project that created both the Mammoth Mk. II and the Titan Ultima, the Wolverine Ultima is powerful enough to take on an undeployed Tick Tank. Armarment: 2 75mm Cannon. Elite: 1 90mm Cannon, 1 75mm Cannon.

Attack Buggy Pro

Attack Buggy Ultima

Attack Cycle Pro

Attack Cycle Ultima

Disk Thrower Commando

Rocket Infantry Commando

GDI Commando

NOD Commando

GDI RPG Soldier

NOD Chaingun Soldier

Juggernaut Lite - 1 of original 3 cannon

Juggernaut Pro - new arty weap

Juggernaut Pro - Arty Railgun (Is this even possible?)

Artillery Lite - mortar weapon

Artillery Pro - 2 120mm arty cannon

Artillery Ultima - 2 155mm arty cannon

Section B: Weapons

144mm Cannon - A recently developed replacement for the Titan's original 120mm cannon, boasting higher power and longer range.

Railcannon - A mix between a full railgun and a cannon, the Railcannon retains higher ROF than a Railgun with lower damage than a Railgun.

100mm Cannon - Developed by an independent supplier, Transpax, this cannon allows smaller, lighter units to carry a much larger weapon than they would usually do.

Light Rail Cannon - A ligher version of the Railcannon

L-R 100mm - Long-Range 100mm Cannon; has nearly the range of an artillery weapon but with the same characteristics of a standard cannon.

L-R 120mm - Long-Range 120mm Cannon; larger version of the L-R 100mm.

20mm Autocannon - Fast-firing, with good damage, the 20mm is a very good mix betwen a standard machinegun and a cannon.

Good luck with this, i just started using tibed myself, im no programmer but (as i have postes in my own thread) im looking to make the Kodiac into an actual flying vehicle with transport abilities and claking etc. would be a nice addition to your mod too? :)

anyway good luck and looking forward to seeing this!

Lem