Sign in to follow this  
CombatGold1

RA2 / YR on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

[ I've Searched ]

I installed Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge today to play with some mates at university during our excessively long breaks.

I happen to be the only one of us that uses Windows XP for x64 systems.

The games installed fine, with the westwood components. However, if I try and start up the game it crashes with a send error report dialog before it can play the EA logo.

If I set the application compatibility to Windows 95 or Windows 98/ME, the game appears to run, however it can't find any IPX enabled network cards. I've not tried Internet play. Using Windows NT4, Windows 2000, or Windows XP compatibility modes, I get the crash. I have also ticked "Disable visual themes" and "Allow non-administrators to run this application", however I doubt that seriously effects it.

Has anyone else been getting this problem? Is there a fix for it? The latest patches are also applied.

Dual booting with an older version of Windows is not a fix by the way, it's a workaround; which is not what I want :D

On a side note, some of you may be interested in an application I found on Google while installing the games called GIT (Gamer's Internet Tunnel). It has the ability to tunnel both IPX and TCP/IP packets within one another, which means you will probably be able to use the LAN game over any TCP/IP network including the Internet.

It will work on x64 if you get the 64-bit version of the Winpcap libraries.