Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

A Decade of CNCNZ.com - Well Almost

It kind slipped by unnoticed but on October 24th, CNCNZ.com officially turned 9 years old. Thats right 1 more year and this site has been around for a good decade, in one form or another. From the humble beginnings as a tiny site about Red Alert, then Tiberian Sun, later expanded to a site covering all C&C games. Many different names, layouts, staff members and of course the ever changing face of the C&C community, the one constant through it all has been CNCNZ.com. We have never differentiated away from the same system of running things around here, we stick to what we know. If you feel like a long reading session point your browser at this page.

With Tiberium Wars on the horizon we once again strap our selves in for the roller coaster ride of following the games development, the same way as we have done in the past for games like Red Alert 2, Renegade and Generals. In the words for Degeneration-X (for you WWE fans)...... Are You Ready?

To upstage or not to upstage, that is the question...

I'm going to go with the former.

happy20birthdayqe5.gif

Guest Rabbit

You were saying?

Happy%20Birthday%201.gif

Anyway, yeah, good run you've got going! Can't wait to be there for the CNCNZ tenth anniversary! :)

You were saying?

Mine still looks better, besides size isn't anything. :P

well i am glad i have been here for a long time to know some of the old sites, Happy Birthday CNCNZ.com, and sonic keep up the good stuff :clap::dance:

'Long time"? Starlin, you've only been here 8 days longer than I have :wink:

Not even 2 years yet. But it has been a good almost-two years for me (and others, I am sure) and all of that.

Nice work Sonic, and to all of those who have contributed in the past to this site. After all, what is a franshise without its fans?

reason why i said long time is because i used to use the older sites, but saning i was at my mums i was not allowed to forum etc. and net browsing i was not really allowed to do it eather.

Hey man, its all cool. Well not being able to browse isnt, but you know, life is life. :wink:

I think I originally found C&C when I started looking for mods for RA. I know I used to follow some forum threads before actually becoming a member (after finally getting my own comp)

i originally was also looking for RA site when i found Original Red Alert Zone, the reason why i mainly liked it was because it was done by a Kiwi, but i moved onto the http://ra.afraid.org/ i breafly was in and out of tsnnz but then i adventurously came across CNCNZ.com but most of the times i tryed the site it was down or i needed a file, it wasn't intill 2004 that i disobad my mum got myself a free email account, and signed up. lol since then my mum has become more laxed about the internet, and computers, due to me presuing a job in the indsetry. lol so i have been in and out for a while. lol

I remember finding this site (then tsnnz) after looking for imformation about tiberium sun (from the ending sequence of tiberium dawn)... This was around the time that RA was being talked about...

Wow, I had never noticed Starlin had been here that long :shock: thought you'd been here a few months/year :lol:

i am a old school gamer, lol and i have been in and out of sites for a while, i just was not allowed to sign up for anything on the net due to my mum, un-till i got really annoyed and just did it anyway. :P so i have been around for a while i just was never allowed to join, lol but sonic's improvements over the years has been really good. and i hope we see more great improvements for the next decade to come. :D

Congratulations, Sonic and crew! I was with you way back when we were both part of the Westwood Underground. Now we're both all grown up and have real responsibilties. I'm jealous you still have time for this site :-). All my gametime is dedicated to WOW.

This is the only CNC site I regularly visit. Keep up the good work.

-KingZeus

Hey KingZeus, its been a long time :)

I really miss all the great times we had and what we achieved at the Westwood Underground.