Sign in to follow this  
F15pilotX

Annoying Login Problem...FF2?

Everytime I login to the forums, I press the "Save Password" button. It works -until- I log out/switch user, and then remembers it when I start up firefox 2, but when I click on the button to go to another forum, it logs me out. :?

I've already tried clearing my cache and cookies. WTF?

Also, save password works on another forum, here

Are you checking the box on the forums login page to remember you?

What are your cookies settings in Firefox 2? I have mine set like this, which is default.

fx2cookiesnd2.png

I've had the same problems. Some of the problems went away when I cleared the cookies - the others are to do with how you access the forums. If you go to forums.cncnz.com all the time then you will be fine - try to avoid going to http://www.cncnz.com/forums.

This fixed everything for me...

I had that problem. But it went away after setting *.cncnz.com as an exception under cookies. ;)

does the server support .htaccess files? if it does, I can send you a sample htaccess that makes sure that the client is in the right directory...

Yes the server supports .htaccess files. I was guessing it was something to do with those, just wasn't sure what code to use in it thats all ;)

I had that problem. But it went away after setting *.cncnz.com as an exception under cookies. ;)
It'll only let me remove cookies, not add them, in the exceptions box :wink:

Well your version is also defective. Cause it works in mine. ;)

that's weird - the buttons should "turn on" as soon as you start typing in the domain. It works for me now without the exception though.

A sample .htaccess file that should work is something like:

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^forums.cncnz.com

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://forums.cncnz.com/ [R=301,L]

This is actually quite a lame rewrite (it rewrites any and every url that posts to http://www.cncnz.com/forums/*anything* to http://forums.cncnz.com.

You can do some fancy things like following the *anything* through, though it gets a little annoying. If that is needed (I guessed that it wasn't) I can post code for that too...

Time for a redownload/install

edit- screw firefox, still doesn't work :evil:

edit#2- I reinstalled firefox 1.5, and THAT doesn't even work...could it be the forums, not firefox?

Before I installed 2, 1.5 worked perfectly...kinda odd :?

My reasoning is that it works on other forums, gravediggaz.net/forum

but not here...I guess I'll just get used to typing it in every time now, thanks for trying though :wink:

edit- screw firefox, still doesn't work :evil:

edit#2- I reinstalled firefox 1.5, and THAT doesn't even work...could it be the forums, not firefox?

You never answered my question from a couple of days ago. Are you checking the box on the forums login page to remember you?

Or are you talking about having Firefox remember the username/password for you?

My bad, I should have been more specific, but yes, in my first post I meant the forum box

Oddly enough, Firefox suddenly decided to behave, and I haven't done a thing :D

The only thing I've done since then is add a CD drive, uninstall Renegade, and copy Renegade from the other PC

Maybe this is Firefox 2.0 problem, I think this staying logged in problem is affecting me now :roll:

Hmm... The problem strikes again... I don't really get why, nothing happens on other forums I visit, just here.. .Hmm...

I don't think that this is a firefox2 problem... though you never know with these things.

Can anyone try with Explorer or Opera?

Hmm...the PCs at my school stay logged in, so I'll try my pc when I get home to see if the changes worked :wink:

Well what do you know, it works now :D

Sorry for the double post, but did you change anything the last few hours? It screwed up again :?

Nothing has changed. I have to login every time I visit the forums myself. I have no idea why it does it.

i only have to re log back in every 3 days or so, but wth? is going on with the logins then, occasionly it will wip all my passwords even though i have told it to leave that alone.

Guest Rabbit

Now, to be honest, I'm not having this problem. I'm automatically logging in as usual, and I have Firefox 2.0

Mine used to work just like yours did Hypnotist, then F15pilotXP posted he was having login related issues. A few days later mine started to screw up.

I consider it a minor annoyance. It only takes a couple of seconds to login.