Sign in to follow this  
F15pilotX

Annoying Login Problem...FF2?

Meh, the problem continues to annoy me ever so much. To save me frustration, I just logout at the end of every session. Instead of getting that annoying, log in, then log out again feeling...

Right I think (or is it hope) I've finally solved this staying logged problem.

First what causes it. It is related to me moving the news updates to the forums which meant I had to move the RSS Feed as well. From what I can tell if you have the Live Bookmark to view the latest news headlines in your browser the forums seems to log you out because thats where the news headlines are generated from. I could be some sort of conflicting bug between the session control of the cookie that stores your login details and the script used to generate the RSS Feed.

The solution, if you have RSS Feed set as a Live Bookmark in Firefox (like the image below) simply delete it.

rss2.png

Yes its that simple. Of course you loose the Live Bookmark but to be honest I would rather stay logged into my own forums ;)

I will find an alternative to the RSS set up.

Anyway this seems to worked for me, I deleted the Live Bookmark in Firefox and every time I've returned to the forums I'm still logged in.

Obviously something with the cookies that the PhPBB forums use, if Firefox 2.0 is to blame, if so, we arent alone and a new version of PhPBB should be up soon with a fix.

Well not really, the problem is not with phpBB it self, I think the problem is with the script called "Topics Anywhere", which is not part of phpBB.

Well, it would appear, (fingers crossed) your fix is working. Well at least for the last day or so... ;)

I never had an RSS feed, but it's suddenly working again.

Weird.

Haha, I just switched to 1.5 cuz 2.0 was buggy for me and now no more login problem! ^_^

Well, I just restarted my pc, and it works now :lol: So weird....

Well its been smooth sailing since the last time I posted for me. ;)

Starting up for me again. =/

Weird thing is the Petro forums don't do this...

Do you guys have the RSS feed for CNCNZ.com set as Live Bookmark in Firefox? If you do delete it.... problem solved.

Thats why I did and mine stays logged in all the time, just the way I like it.

I've done everything that I know of, checked everything that I can check related to logging on to the forums, if your still having problems it will be something on your computer I guess.

the only problem is the front page news for me the live bookmark says that a article is there, but the page wont show it when i first load it so i just refresh and it fix's it.

the only problem is the front page news for me the live bookmark says that a article is there, but the page wont show it when i first load it so i just refresh and it fix's it.

The RSS feed links are just direct links to the threads in the Frontpage News Forum, clicking on them should bring directly to that thread on the forums.

Did you expect them to display on the main site or something?

I've already said the RSS feed doesn't really work that well it will be replaced, just not sure when that's all.

yea i know that i am talking about the main page it's self a news article can be up for a few hours before my PC will realize that it is up. after i refresh the page a few times it decides to show.

i just refreshed the main page and it gave me the the old page before the Command & Conquer 3 Pre-Order Pack Details news article. why does this happen?